The Da Vinci Code

Russell Crowe? He's the actor that I absolutely did not want to see in this part. It's be too predictable of a casting and Crowe has already played a role similar to this.

Yeah. I heard about that a couple days ago. I still think it's awesome that Hanks is playing him. That means the Ron Howard isn't trying to stay too obsessively close to the book. This could be a good thing.

Well, they haven't started filming yet, so at least a year if not more. This feels like the kind of movie that should be released in the winter, not summer. Maybe next Christmas? Or is that too soon?

Well, I have to say I love LOVED loved this book. But I would never have pictured Langdon lookin' like Tom Hanks. I don't know. I just pictured him so super suave and intelectually sexy. Tom Hanks is goofy sexy. If you know what I mean.

And I would have absolutely refused to see it if it had been Russel Crowe. I can not stand watching him on screen. I don't know what the big deal is about him. He's such an oaf. And I might be the only one in the world who thinks this, but, I it took me through such pains to finish A Beautiful Mind, and I still don't understand how it got Oscars.

I myself picture Dennis Quaid (sp?) as Langdon. He's older, sexy as hell, and a good actor.

Okay, I'm done complaining. :D

Jean Reno as Bezu Fache? Nice ^_^ Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon is a good choice, mainly because I can't think of anyone else.

Hmm, I dunno, I'm a bit tentative about this whole movie. Maybe because it won't contain everything in the book (which I know is impratical and close to impossible) but the movie will be a good addition to the franchise.

Drama and Thriller

The murder of a curator at the Louvre reveals a sinister plot to uncover a secret that has been protected since the days of Christ. Only the victim's granddaughter and Robert Langdon, a famed symbologist, can untangle the clues he left behind. The two become both suspects and detectives searching for not only the murderer but also the stunning secret of the ages he was charged to protect. 

Release Date:  May 19, 2006 Nationwide. 

MPAA Rating:  Not Rated. 

Distributor:   Columbia Pictures 

Starring: Tom Hanks 

Directed by: Ron Howard 

Produced by: Brian Grazer, John Calley 

and I thought they already choose who was gonna be Sophie ... I read it somewhere ... I gotta find that article in my local newspaper ... ;)

This from Yahoo!.com

Release Date: May 19th, 2006 (wide)

Release Date Note: (2/14/05) The other big summer movie currently scheduled for May 19th, 2006 (a weekend often reserved in the past for the 'Star Wars' movies) is the DreamWorks Feature Animation CGI romp, Over the Hedge, starring Bruce Willis in a story of suburban wildlife gone wild(er).

Distributor: Columbia Pictures (Sony)

Production Company: Imagine Entertainment (Ron Howard's company, with Bryan Grazer)

Cast:
Tom Hanks (Dr. Robert Langdon),
Audrey Tautou (Agent Sophie Neveu),
Jean Reno (Captain Bezu Fache); other cast not announced yet.

Cast Notes: (2/14/05)
Early candidates for the lead role of Dr. Robert Langdon included Hugh Jackman, George Clooney, Russell Crowe and Tom Hanks, who of course, won the role, and from my reading of the book, was clearly the right choice. Another name that was floated around in the media last fall was French actress Julie Delpy, who actively campaigned for the role of Sophie. Again, I have to say... Audrey Tautou was a more obvious choice, though neither of these was as obvious as Jean Reno. I mean, really, who else *could* they have cast as a hard-nosed French cop? As far as America goes, Jean Reno is pretty much the only viable choice, oui?

Besides all that, the other casting issue that has been garnering a bit of press of late is the character of Silas, who can probably best be described as an "albino monk assassin" (to differentiate him from all the other types of monk assassins), or at least, that's the way he was described in the book. Albino rights groups are lobbying loudly for the character's albinoism to be removed, to prevent people from associating the skin disorder from being as associated with evil as it already is (those creepy twins in the 'Matrix' movies, for example).

Director:
Ron Howard (Parenthood, A Beautiful Mind, Willow, Apollo 13; next up before this is Cinderella Man)

Screenwriter:
Akiva Goldsman (Lost in Space, Batman & Robin, A Beautiful Mind; cowriter of Cinderella Man)

Based Upon: (2/14/05)
This movie is, of course, based upon the ridiculously popular mystery/suspense novel by Dan Brown. At one point, before the novel became quite that popular, the producer of the TV series "24" sought the rights to the novel to incorporate it into the show as the core of the third season's plot, but author Dan Brown completely rejected the concept, holding out for movie rights. A few months later, Sony paid Brown $6 million for just that.

Premise:
When respected American religious symbology expert Dr. Robert Langdon (Hanks) is summoned to the Louvre by the French version of the FBI, led by Captain Fezu Bache (Reno), he soon discovered that he is the #1 suspect for the murder of a historian Langdon had been scheduled to meet with. Assisted by a French cryptographer and government agent named Sophie (Tautou), Langdon is challenged to decipher a chain of cryptic codes and puzzles, all the while trying to stay ahead of Bache's lawmen in a chase through the Louvre, and out into the Parisian cityscape, and finally across the channel to England. Can Langdon and Sophie decipher the nature of a secret dating back to Leonardo Da Vinci (and even earlier) before those responsible for the historian's murder add them to their hit list?

Filming: (2/14/05)
Production is scheduled to start in Paris, France in May, 2005, with much of the filming expected to be done at the Louvre (which is the setting for about half the movie) during night hours and Tuesdays (the only day each week the museum is closed).

Genre: Based on a Book, French, Mystery, Thriller

Official Organization Site:
OpusDei.org(the real life version of the mysterious group portrayed in the novel; this is their reaction to their depiction in it)

And these are the characters ...
cannes5.jpg

toronto2.jpg

ameliepre2.jpg

well on a cast update...

Sir Ian Mckellen- Sir Leigh Teabing
Christopher Eccleston- Silas
Alfred Molina- Bishop Aringosa

excellent casting methinks

:woot: I cant wait to see this film, the book was amazing so the film will be just as good if not better :D (n)

tom hanks is a great choice to play langdon!! (y) ^_^ :woot:

New update! You can now watch the TEASER TRAILER for this movie! It doesn't reveal much, but it just shows how confident the studio is that this will be a GIGANTIC hit! You can view the trailer by following the link on the first post.

I really don't like Tom Hanks as Langdon. Personally, I don't see Tom Hanks as very sexy, and I thought Langdon WOULD be sexy. I don't know, I was thinking more along the lines of Harrison Ford or Pierce Brosnan. (or George Clooney, but I don't think he's a very good actor - but I think he looks the part) I don't know about the others, I guess they'll be good, but Tom Hanks just doesn't fit the part to me.