The Darkness

i found this at MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos

The Darkness
Starring: Anna Paquin, Stephan Enquist, Iain Glen, Lena Olin, Giancarlo Giannini
Director: Jaume Balaguero
The story: A family moves into a house with a dark and horrifying past that threatens the current occupants. Paquin (“The Piano,” “X2”) stars as the daughter who tries to find out the house’s terrible secret. Olin (“Chocolat,” “Alias”) plays her mother.
What’s the buzz: This film was originally set for release in August 2002 until Dimension films pulled it from the schedule. Which begs the question: How come? The director, Balaguero, is known primarily for a very stylized Spanish-language horror film (“The Darkness” is in English), “The Nameless.” Since Dimesion didn’t release this straight to video, perhaps it means the company realized it had something good and scary on its hands. Let’s hope.
Web site:http://movies.fantasticfactory.com/darkness/

its in theatres June 18th!!! i can't wait!!!!! hehe, its not as good as alias, but at least we get to see lena in something! :D (y)

Hm . . . I love a good horror movie, "good" being the operative word. They aren't that common. I'd hate to think Ms Olin turned down a guest spot for a role in a bad horror film. <_< We'll see.

The Darkness is going to be shown in our country this 10 November. Is it good? Because I'm not a big fan of horror movies and I'm inviting my cousins to join me to watch (I don't like screaming inside movie theaters... I'd rather scream alone in my own room...) I just want to see it because of Lena...

just saw a preview for it--
didn't see lena until over halfway in
they started by doing a flashback in time--6 kids go missing

----40 years later---
a family moves into house
son, daughter, dad, and mom (?) = lena

there's lots of shadows and quick black cuts, flashes of dead people etc etc

the ghosts apparently need a 7th person for . . some reason

and there's this old guy that tells the girl "get your brother out of that house"

and at the very end, the girl says to lena, "You're not my mom . . " and lena looks down eerily and you hear this kind of crackling sound . . .

i saw it on comedy central (of all places) weird that i've never heard of this movie before . .

i like scary movies--i'd give it a look--what about you guys?

Yeah I saw a preview for it the other day and I'm on lenaolin.net alot so they have pics of it there and I was like wait isn't that already out so I looked into it and it comes out 2morrow. It looks really good!!!!!I'm trying to get my friends to go see it with me . :D

I don't think it is, alot of the pics of it are really good, but I saw another clip for it last night and it was the first one with Lena I saw, and one part was of her running down a hall screaming 'OH NOOOOOOOO!' at least I think that's what she says¿?¿? but anyway, she kinda freaked me out doing that though I was sittin' there starin' at the tv going :blink::confused: 'hey wait that was lena' :blink::confused:

Back