The DaVinci Code Discussion

yes.

i just reread the davinci code. there is a book out about the truths and lies of the davinci code. my friend is letting me borrow it.

Tiger<O> said:
By the way, did anyone think the teacher would end up being Teabing? I always thought it would be Fache or Remy, I found that pretty shocking.
I really thought it would be Fache. And when I found out it was Teabing, I was like, :jawdrop:
But I guess that's what makes me like the book even more.... cause I totally didn't expect it to be Teabing cause he was so close with Langdon!

And Sam- you should definitely read it!! (y)

Joyie said:
Tiger<O> said:
By the way, did anyone think the teacher would end up being Teabing? I always thought it would be Fache or Remy, I found that pretty shocking.
I really thought it would be Fache. And when I found out it was Teabing, I was like, :jawdrop:
But I guess that's what makes me like the book even more.... cause I totally didn't expect it to be Teabing cause he was so close with Langdon!

i knew it was the teacher. it's too suspicious and foolish to trust anyone.

OasisSparrow said:
Joyie said:
Tiger<O> said:

i knew it was the teacher. it's too suspicious and foolish to trust anyone.
Yeah i had my suspicions about leigh Teabing. and then when remy was reavealed i was like it's definitelt Teabing. still, one of the best books ever written. hope they don't attempt to make a film out of it.would be traumatising.
have just bought angels and emons and started it about 1 hr ago.was distracted by AA though :P

i just finished it and i have to say it was a good book
Some of the points he brought up were very interesting and made you go 'OMG is that true??!!?!?' and i was talking to my friend about it and she bought this book called 'the davinci code: fact or fiction' that said the parts of the book that were falicies and it was quite intersting - but i must say it was still a good book

when i started reading this book, i really can't put it down...seriously! it's amazing how dan brown put a lot of thought into it without trying too hard. i love his style. :D the mystery, conspiracy, twists and turns are SUPERB! (y) (y) as for all the details...i really had to look into them, research and stuff. this is one of those books that blow your mind and just leave you thinking. it's a great read! ;)
can't wait to start on angels and demons!

Skyligrl5 said:
i just finished it and i have to say it was a good book
Some of the points he brought up were very interesting and made you go 'OMG is that true??!!?!?' and i was talking to my friend about it and she bought this book called 'the davinci code: fact or fiction' that said the parts of the book that were falicies and it was quite intersting - but i must say it was still a good book
i've also heard that The Da Vinci code was poorly researched in terms of art and art history. however, some of the books that have recently come out attempting to refute the theories espoused by The Da Vinci Code are also poorly researched. so, take everything you read with a grain of salt. and garnergarnish, i do believe they are discussing a movie with Ron Howard either directing or producing. can't remember which, but i know he's involved.

I've just been playing around with the online DaVinci code games, they're so fun! :lol: I finished the new one and the old one I've gotten as far as getting a phone #... I hate phones... :lol:

i loved this book!! i was so awesome and i couldn't put it down! which was kind of bad because i was supposed to be doing my french isu and i couldn't concentrate.. :rolleyes: hehe
i actually read it in the first place because my dad saw it in chapters and told me that it sounded like a rambaldi/alias type of book and he thought i'd like it. and it did remind me of alias.. well not so much lately but u know what i mean.
i also went to look up the paintings, etc. afterwards. and to play the games hehe. it was funny because one day i had a discussion about it with my law teacher. the rest of the class was just like "whaa?" lol.
i have angels and demons.. and 2 others of his on hold at the library! i can't wait! but a movie? why do they always have to do that to a good book??

Frogboy_Lives said:
PS, I want to see a Rimbaldi cryptex in Alias, badly.
I would love to see a Rimbaldi Cryptex in Alias too. I think a device like that would be a perfect Rimbaldi artifact.

If anybody knows somebody affiliated with the show, let me know as I just happen to make Cryptex Boxes and I'd love to make them as props for Alias.

Justin

Justin@cryptex.org

Being the behind the scenes movie guy I am, while I was reading the DaVinci code, I was trying to think of ways that could make it into a movie. They're going to have to cut out so much! A lot of what makes the book so interesting is reading the history about the bible/the Knights Templar/Opus Dei, etc. Most of this history is not included in dialogue and wouldn't work in dialogue either. When they do the movie, they'll have to cut out so much of what makes the DaVinci Code what it is. It'll probably just be another action flick -_-

But, I'll still see the movie. Any actors on anybody's wishlist?

My cast:

Langdon: John Cusak
Sophie: Gwyneth Paltrow
Fauche: George Clooney
Colette: Joaquin Phoenix
Teabing: John Cleese
Remy: Dustin Hoffman
Bishop Aringarosa: Kevin Kline or Tommy Lee Jones
Silas: Tobey Maguire
Sauniere: Ian McKellen

I lurrrrve this book. It was the fastest I've finished a book. I couldn't put it down... it only took me three days! It kept me riveted from beginning to end and all of the twists and turns were amazing. Dan Brown is a genius. I will definitely be reading more of his books! This has inspired me to read more than just fluff books!
As for the actors...
Robert- Harrison Ford or Pierce Brosnan (with Amer. accent) .. maybe Tom Cruise?
Sophie- Amanda Peet (this one actually has me stumped... I cannot decide!)
Teabing - Sean Connery or Quentin Tarantino
Aringarosa - Christopher Plummer
Fache- James Caan (from Las Vegas)
--Heather

i really loved The DaVinci Code, i enjoyed every part of it and didn't find the ending disappointing at all. i'm not a religious person, and i'm aware that many parts of this book came from Brown's imagination but man, do i like his version of telling that story!

i was a bit surprised to hear about The Priory of Sion, and i was particularly surprised when i read that Victor Hugo was a member because Hugo is my idol, i adore him, i've loved him ever since i was a kid and it was never mentioned anywhere that he even had the tendency to join a secret society!

anyway, religious or not, i think everyone will enjoy reading it because it's mostly a very clever book that will reveal something new with every turn of the page! and more importantly, flawed or not, the plots are believable within the context of the story.

i highly recommend it (y)

*IriS* said:
i was a bit surprised to hear about The Priory of Sion, and i was particularly surprised when i read that Victor Hugo was a member because Hugo is my idol, i adore him, i've loved him ever since i was a kid and it was never mentioned anywhere that he even had the tendency to join a secret society!

[post="955182"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

you know that the priory isn't real though right?

you know that the priory isn't real though right?
And I quote:

From "The DaVinci Code" p.1:

"FACT:

The Priory of Sion-- a European secret society founded in 1099-- is a real organization. In 1975 Paris's Bibliotheque Nationale discovered parchments known as Les Dossiers Secrets, identifying numerous members of the Priory of Sion, including Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Leonardo da Vinci."

And there ya go.

Back