The Derevko Journals

You also have to remember that Irina and Elena were sisters (just like Syd and Nadia), ergo Irina kills Elena, but not in a fight of the physical kind. She 'killed' Elena's attempt to make the red ball do what she wanted it to do by changing the color. Irina knew her sister much better than Syd knew Nadia, thus she gave Sydney the right colored wire to cut.
Not only that, but one of the Passanger prophesies said that they would kill each other (I think the second one said only one would die). Elena killed Irina over and over during the time she was held prisoner. I don't think we ever saw a time that Syd was clinically or otherwise dead.

I also think if the suits had let the story evolve correctly, this would have been resolved more to the fans' satisfaction. JJ had a great start, but because ABC was cutting them down to only 17 episodes in 2004 to 2005
That was huge and I think season could have been salvaged somewhat with those extra episodes. However, I think ABC's interference in the storytelling dates all the way back to forcing Phase 1 to be done early. When they made that decision they derailed a lot of story and they just kept going. Season 3 was supposed to be Rambaldi-less, until the foreheaded wonder and his wife couldn't keep the show going with JG. ABC says end the two years, find something else and get rid of Lauren. Then they said season 4 will be without cliffhangers or central story, until LO agreed to come back. I think JJ's hands were tied for most of the show's run.

ABC says end the two years, find something else and get rid of Lauren.
OMG, ABC actually told JJ to get rid of Lauren???? LMAO Lauren was actually tolerable after she was revealed to be bad and was away from Vaughn. I actually would of kept Lauren at least tell the end of season 4. I totally agreed with the two years though, that was just stupid and pointless.imo

I guess I don't know that they told Alias to can Lauren, but I wouldn't be surprised because of how unpopular she was.
I used to hate lauren also, but then I bought season 3 and realized that what I hated was her awful chemistry with vaughn. Once she was away from him and with sark she was much more tolerable.

I thought it was interesting that when Irina wasn't around they thought Lauren would do the trick! You know, spice up Sydney's life and her relationship with Vaughn. Bad Karma was the result. Poor Melissa and poor ABC who had no concept of the fans' reaction. I guess we can only dream what might have happened if Lena Olin had stayed another season. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Sunday – September 13, 1992

Khasinau and I had lunch at a restaurant near the Kremlin. He was thinking about going back into Intelligence work with SVR. The fledgling organization which is taking over the work once done by KGB has need of people. Alexander is of the opinion he could do better with them. I think he’s still peevish over working for me instead of me working for him. Trouble with the man is he has narrow fields of vision.

“You do what you want, Alexander. I won’t stop you.” I smiled. “I do know you have more money now then you did while with KGB. Am I not right?”

“Yes!”

“Will you make as much there as with me?”

“No, but...”

“You don’t like working for a woman, especially...” I smiled again. “...especially since you recruited me for KGB.”

He colored. I’d been right. “Alexander, you do what you want to do. However, if you stay with me as my front man, you’ll be rich in just a couple or years...or maybe more. The only people that who knows I am The Man is you, Maria and Galina. No one else, not even the police, know who I am or where I live or work. Even the other trusted members of the inner circle don’t know much about me.

“You are a strong man, Alexander. You are my right hand man. The gang members like you. Tell you what. I’ll give you ten percent of everything we make if you stay on.” I could see that was the biggest selling point. “If you accept, there are conditions, conditions, which if you fail to keep, will seriously end our relationship.” I flashed him one of my warmest smiles.

“Very well, I accept.” He reached over to shake my hand, which I gave him. “What are the conditions?”

“One, you will never broach this subject again. Two, you will not question my tactics or decisions, especially to others. You will always talk to me first. Three, you will never, never tell anyone about me...or the raise I just gave you.”

“Agreed, Irina.”

I forked some salad into my mouth looking at him. I felt that someday I might have to resolve this in my usual manner. He was satisfied with the agreement now, but no one knew what the future held.

“...and Four, you will not ever make any attempt to change our relationship, especially in a personal way. I am not nor have I ever entertained any thought about going to bed with you. You are my friend, not my lover in spite of what people think. Do I make myself understood?”

“Da!” He sighed.

“Good.” I finished my lunch. Sometimes the people who work for you are a pain in the butt. That was something I learned in the U.S. but it held true here in my country. “I have scheduled a meeting with Galina at two. Please be there also. She has a new prospect for us to consider.”

“Da.”

Wednesday – November 18, 1992

Snow has been falling for several days now. Roads are clogged and it is difficult to get around in the city. The metro is being used to its capacity. Snowplows are often stuck in the snow and so the city is in a bit of trouble. No one can go anywhere if they live too far from a station.

I’ve shut down my office and now am considering re-establishing it closer to the center of the city. I’ll be looking for property as soon as things get back to normal for this time of the year.

Katya is chafing at the bit. She was here for a few days delivering reports to her new employers, the SVR. Now she wants to return to Rome where she says although it rains a lot there is no snow. I swear she’s is becoming more Italian than they are. She better be careful or her new bosses will bring her back permanently.

It is days like this that make me think of Los Angeles where there were cool days and some rainy days, but nothing like this. I’m sipping hot tea, staring out the window and, damn it, thinking about Jack and Sydney. I shouldn’t, but I can’t help it!!! Sydney is seventeen now. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t ready for college or even a university.

Stop it, Irina. Stop, stop, STOP!!!

That life is over. You’re making money and you are running an extremely profitable business with employees that need you. They are your family now. Sentimentalism about your past can cause problems. Just get on with your life and forget the past.
But I can’t, because of Rambaldi! That sonofabitch is going to cause me more problems and they haven’t begun to surface. Sydney is The Chosen One. Nadia is The Passenger. What the hell is that all about? How can I forget my family, my girls—with that hanging over their heads?

Irina is 42

Monday – February 15, 1993

Galina and Alexander came in my office together. They didn’t look happy. I saw that there must be trouble somewhere.

“Tell me,” I said.

“We didn’t obtain our objective.”

“Chyort!” I swore. “I knew I should have gone. What went wrong?”

Galina looked at Alexander, who shrugged. “We were prepared for the worst. There was a new player in the game. A group called The Alliance.”

“...and just how did they interfere?”

“They paid more and took product before we could get there.”

“Did you relieve seller of his profit?”

Galina shook her head, “No, Irina, he was gone. I think this organization was ahead of us by a day.”

“Our intel didn’t pick this up?”

“No!” Galina shook her head. “I haven’t heard anything about this group.”

I frowned and rubbed my chin, thinking. “It could have been a coincidence. Let’s get more intel, Alexander. I want to know who they are and how they fit in.” My eyes narrowed. “See if you can get me names.”

“Yes, Irina.” Alexander turned, leaving the office.

“Galina, be more careful.”

“I swear, Irina, I had it all set up. The seller was supposed to deliver to us. He double-crossed us.”

“So he did.” I smiled. “You’re looking good.

She stared at me. “How about dinner tonight unless, of course, you have plans?”

“That would be nice.” Truth was I hadn’t told anyone about my trip to Mama’s village. I knew Galina would listen. And...I was lonely for companionship.

“I’ll fix dinner.”

“Fine. What time?” I didn’t object because I knew Maria would be there.

“Come at eight.”

I nodded and turned back to my computer. I was going to do some searching on my own.
I had built up a network of information sources all over Europe, Britain and a couple in the U.S. I would contact them first for any rumors or facts about the organization known as The Alliance.

It was sometime later when I glanced at my watch and saw that it was seven. I would not have time to change. Galina lived across Moscow from the office. Glancing out the window I saw it was snowing. That meant some difficulty in getting there. I would have to take the metro.

I picked up my phone and dialed the security guard on the first floor. “Is Grigor there?”

“Da, Irina.”

“Tell him to go home. I’ll be late.” I hung up the phone and left the office. I was the last one here. That goes to show how much of a workaholic I’d become. Well, you don’t get rich and powerful just wishing for it. Power is something I want and I’m going to use it to get more.

RUSSIAN TRANSLATION
chyort - damn
boje - god

Tuesday, February 16, 1993

Galina and I spent the night together, again.

Maria was not there when I arrived and I asked Galina where she was. “At her apartment I think.”

I stared. “She has her own apartment?”

She grinned, pouring a shot of vodka for me. “Yes, she moved last week. I believed it was a good idea for her to be on her own. She was happy to find one close to me, but not in the same building.”

“Oh,” I said, downing the vodka in a swallow.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.” Galina walked to her small stove and served up dinner on two plates, bringing them to the table and indicating that I should sit down.

“What’s this?” It looked like white stew.

“Um it’s oyster stew.”

I looked at her in surprise. “Oysters are expensive.”

“But worth it.” She took a spoonful. “They’re known to be an aphrodisiac.”

I stared. “What?”

“Relax, Irina. I’m just making a joke.” She handed me a plate of black bread. It was my favorite.

I wasn’t sure about it being a joke. Jack and I had gone to Malibu for dinner on several occasions while we were married and remembering, I wasn’t sure it was a joke. Was she going to make a pass at me? Suddenly, I didn’t care. I liked her and she was good at her job. Our last night together was very fulfilling.

“I’ve found a source that will pass me information on The Alliance.”

“Irina, don’t! I didn’t invite you here to talk about them.”

“So why did you invite me.”

“To have dinner in less severe surroundings. Your apartment is a little austere for my tastes. I told you to relax. Want another vodka?” She stood, because she knew I would.

I did and nodded. Our conversation turned to the mundane: politics, theatre, movies and, of course, crime. She served tea and cookies after I had a second helping of stew, which was excellent.

“You cook well,” I said.

“Yes, I do.” She cleared the table.

“I must go.” I glanced at the clock. It was already eleven.

“Sure.” She said and walked over to the sofa where I’d left my coat and shoulder bag.

I followed, thinking she would help me on with it and held out my arms. She didn’t pick up the coat; instead, she put her arms around my neck and kissed me. I froze, thinking that we’d come to an understanding. She kissed with passion and I found myself responding as had happened before. The woman knew how to kiss. My chest was heaving with desire—something I swore wouldn’t happen again, but was.

She broke off and whispered, “Irina, I need you. Please.”

I nearly ran from her then, but couldn’t as I remembered the last time...the pleasure and release I felt. I saw desire on her face and in her eyes. I felt the same desire come over me and nodded.

Galina pulled me to her bedroom. She had a larger bed than I had which was a double. The room was decorated with pink overtones and the walls were painted white. Two night stands were on either side of the bed and matched the armoire standing on the wall to the right. She even had a small television on a chest facing the bed which faced us. The door to the bathroom was open showing a matching dressing table.

“Your room is beautiful.” I said, removing my clothes.

“Only when you are in it,” she answered.

When we were naked, she held me close as she kissed me again. I felt every inch of her body as she held herself tightly to mine. “Galina,” I whispered.

“Come, we shower.” She pulled me to the bathroom. “I still have stink of day on me. I want to be clean and smell scent of your body.”

I caught her around her neck with one hand and pulled her close to me. I leaned down and kissed her hard, prying open her mouth with my tongue and sucking at hers. She moaned. I think I am getting the hang of this. Lifting my head from hers, I reached into the shower, turned on the water, and stepped in pulling her with me.

The water was cold just as I like it. Galina reached for the soap and began lathering in her hands; then she ran them over my body, spreading her soaped hands everywhere, leaving a delicious scent on my skin. Lavender. It was not strong, but had just enough to make me close my eyes to enjoy it and the feel of her hands as she ran them over my breasts, stopping for a moment to rub my nipples. I caught my breath as she rubbed my abdomen and then my back. I had anticipated her going elsewhere, but she had other ideas. I let her have her way. I was enjoying this.

The water was hot now, but just right. Galina pushed me forward and soaped my back as the water washed off the suds already there. I leaned my head forward and the shower cascaded down my back. She was working on my legs, slowly, almost seductively, and softly, just barely touching the skin. It sent shivers up my body and heat was building between my legs.

Boje, the woman was talented! I tried to breathe deeply, but instead I had a hitch as she now rubbed the space between my legs. I moaned.

“Now me,” she said into my ear and handed me the soap.

I don’t know if I did it right, but ten minutes later we had toweled off and were in bed, Galina on top of me, kissing me with hunger and passion. I do not know how many times I had an orgasm this night, but again she exhausted me. I fell into a sound sleep.

When I awoke I found my arms around her, holding her close to me. My mouth was next to her cheek. Glancing at my watch, I saw that it was close to six. I had to get dressed! It would not do for anyone to see me wearing the same clothes as I had on yesterday, especially Alexander.

Extricating myself from the bed, I quietly dressed and left a note for her. I would see her in the office later.

TBC :rolleyes:

So, the Alliance rears its ugly head. I can't wait for her reaction when she learns that Arvin Sloane is part of the Alliance and that he recruited Sydney.

Irina certainly showed Kashinu who's the boss. And now the alliace is in the picture? Ohh wonder if she will know about Jack.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what she's going to learn about the Aliance and Jack's involvement with them. And if Syd is 17 now and thinking about college, then we can't be far from her recruitment (2001 was 7 years ago, so she was recruited in 94, this is 92 so I might be jumping the gun). Certainly she'll know when Syd gets recruited. Cant' wit for her reaction to that.

Interesting that she was thinking about Jack both times she was with Galina. Is she using Galina as a substitute?

Great update,
I can't wait for Irina to discover who is working with, and for the Alliance.....
I agree with Spazzo47 that it seems Irina is using Galina as a substitute for Jack, eventhough she, at the moment, still is repulsed by men because of what happened in Kashmir. But I definetly think she is using Galina as a substitute for Jack in regards to emotional love and support.
Thanks for the PM, please write more soon. :D

spazzo47 wrote:

Yeah, I can't wait to see what she's going to learn about the Aliance and Jack's involvement with them.
I think she's really interested in setting her own organization up. She is not going to worry too much about The Alliance etc. She's is going to make a lot of money off them in the future.

And if Syd is 17 now and thinking about college, then we can't be far from her recruitment (2001 was 7 years ago, so she was recruited in 94, this is 92 so I might be jumping the gun). Certainly she'll know when Syd gets recruited. Cant' wit for her reaction to that.
Sydney was recruited when she was 19--1994. Irina did not have a full time spy covering Sydney's every move. I doubt she would know yet about SD-6 and Arvin.

Interesting that she was thinking about Jack both times she was with Galina. Is she using Galina as a substitute?
She's a woman with normal needs and desires. At this time in her life she is still recovering from what happened in Kashmir. She has not seen a psychiatrist for help, but she has Galina to give her an undying love. I don't believe that she thinks she will ever see Jack again, so I would say she does not use Galina as a substitute.

Dlenafan wrote
But I definetly think she is using Galina as a substitute for Jack in regards to emotional love and support.
C'mon people, how many times do I have to remind you this at this time in her life she has not a clue that in the years ahead she will even see Jack, let alone entertain thoughts of sex with him. (OK we know this will happen) In this moment of her life, she's found someone who truly loves her for herself.
:blush: :love: :love:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow wrote:

I believe like the others that Galina is a substitute for Jack.

You are all a bunch of romantics--Bar None!! I'm sure you'll be waiting for their Panama encounter with baited breath. LOL I won't disappoint you. :love: :love:

I don't believe that she thinks she will ever see Jack again, so I would say she does not use Galina as a substitute.
I think this is what i was trying to say initially. She can't have Jack and she can't imagine the cirumstances that would allow her to reconcile with him in any way. Therefore she's looking for someone who can compare to Jack in some way. I don't think she would be have been with Galina at least this time (last time was more about business) if she thought there was a chance that she could hvae Jack again.

And, yeah, I am waiting for Panama. And the two years. And I always thought there was more to Search and Rescue. ;)

SPAZZO47 WROTE

She can't have Jack and she can't imagine the cirumstances that would allow her to reconcile with him in any way.
True.

I don't think she would be have been with Galina at least this time (last time was more about business) if she thought there was a chance that she could hvae Jack again.
I don't even think she thought there would EVER be a chance. However I believe deep down the ten years with Jack and Sydney would always remain the best of her life. Her rape experiences tend to keep her away from male relationships. However, she learned that a woman's love could be a welcomed experience which would give her not only friendship, but a necessary release from stress.

And, yeah, I am waiting for Panama. And the two years. And I always thought there was more to Search and Rescue.
I'm working on Season Two now...there's a distance to go before I get to Search and Rescue.

So we get our first glimpse of the Alliance...
I bet it was nice for Syd toread that her mother thought of her, her father and her sister occasionally...that she couldn't completely forget that part of her life no matter how much she wanted to.

Back