The Derevko Journals

First to respond huh? :D I'd like to thank you for this book length story. You wanted our feedback, so here's mine. Frankly your portrayal of Irina is not like mine which I told you before on my previous comments. Normally I try to find stories that portrays her like what I have in mind about her. What is the point of reading a fanfic that I don't enjoy, right? I make very few exceptions to this rule for a few stories and for a few writers. I must say that though our perspectives are totally different it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a very well written story... like yours. Your characterization was consistent from the beginning to the end and also every time you gave us full long chapters following Alias' original story line without any mistakes. You updated regularly with long posts, never allowing us to be distanced from the story. Despite the general dark mood of the story you opted to finish it in a hopeful way, surprising us. That was unexpected from this story. So again, thank you for giving your time and effort and talent to this story for us. :smiley:

Ok, this is just what i wanted to read!!! Thank you, bev! It's really nice to know Irina is ok, and back to Syd's both life and family!!!
Very interesting story, and yeah, that might be the only 5th english book in my life, lol. You made me read inglish:smiley: And it was worth it, dahlin'.

Sydney Derevko Bristow:

First to respond huh? I'd like to thank you for this book length story.
You're welcome. It was fun doing it.

You wanted our feedback, so here's mine. Frankly your portrayal of Irina is not like mine which I told you before on my previous comments. Normally I try to find stories that portrays her like what I have in mind about her. What is the point of reading a fanfic that I don't enjoy, right? I make very few exceptions to this rule for a few stories and for a few writers. I must say that though our perspectives are totally different it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a very well written story... like yours.
Thank you. I appreciate that. I did realize when I started this that there would be those readers who were not sympathetic to Irina, but that's what makes horseracing! However you enjoyed it in spite of your personal feelings means a lot. Again, thanks.

Your characterization was consistent from the beginning to the end and also every time you gave us full long chapters following Alias' original story line without any mistakes. You updated regularly with long posts, never allowing us to be distanced from the story. Despite the general dark mood of the story you opted to finish it in a hopeful way, surprising us. That was unexpected from this story. So again, thank you for giving your time and effort and talent to this story for us.

This was my first attempt at a first person story too! I'd never done one before, but found that it was easier than I thought and I think it was because I had a deep interest in her character. I had to write the background story to get her perspective on her life and why things happened the way they did.
I really anguished over the ending, writing a lot more, but finally opting to the one you finally read, because it was crisp and left more to your imagination.

MariaPurt wrote:
Ok, this is just what i wanted to read!!! Thank you, bev! It's really nice to know Irina is ok, and back to Syd's both life and family!!!
Yes, I thot most of you would like the ending. We're just romantics, right?

Very interesting story, and yeah, that might be the only 5th english book in my life, lol. You made me read inglish:smiley: And it was worth it, dahlin'.
I'm glad you did, because we became friends. I taught you English and you scolded me for my bad Russian.

Lenafan

you asked us to post what we thought of the story. well, i think the end is a perfect set up for a sequel (then again, i can imagine alias going into season 20, a few years from now, like ER is.) but there's still hope.

if that whole thing at the top confused you, it means i liked it 👅

!r!nab posted:

you asked us to post what we thought of the story. well, i think the end is a perfect set up for a sequel (then again, i can imagine alias going into season 20, a few years from now, like ER is.) but there's still hope.
Well Alias was more science fiction than reality based on the undercurrent of Rambaldi which drove the storylines. I cannot conceive of 20 seasons of Alias. The writers would not be able to create enough reasonable storylines to continue that long.
In ER, you have characters who come and go and a lot of the show is relationships driven with interesting medical problems in between.
I know my ending was a set-up for another story, but I have to 'rest' my imagination for awhile until I get an idea. I have devoted almost six years writing fan fiction for Alias, posting 45 to 46 stories: short and long, and serials and one book. That's a long time.

LEnafan :cool:

just saw the video. got an idea: if they were to ever make a spinoff of alias, they could probaly use that, and your fic! :smiley:

Back