The Dyden Experiment (Creative Commons)

Tim

Creative Writer
Artists working together to create a more involved future.

上司が怖くて辞めたいと言えない【先延ばしにするリスクと わたしの体験談と解決策 仕事を辞めたいと言えない…上司が怖い人が取る 】

Why we do what we do:
Everyone wants to be a successful artists/author/film maker. We are all studying and practicing, posting online, going to conventions, hoping to get discovered.
Every once in a while, one of us gets a break, really gets a chance to blow our ideas all the way out; Lucas with Star Wars, Masamune Shirow with Ghost in the Shell. They're world gets made into films, comics, plush toys, and they make about a gazillion dollars.
Here's the thing; they don't do all or most of the work. Peter Jackson had about half the working artists on the planet behind him when he made Lord of the Rings and the best Star Wars movies weren't even directed by Lucas.
So, you take one guy (or chick) with a good idea. They pay other artists a fraction of what they make to do the work, then hire lawyers to sue the fan artists who love what they're doing.
We say the act of creation would be better without the megalomaniac in the middle. What if the head artist was the fan art guy? What if "fandom" was also the head creative consultancy? What if all the story developers and talented artists got equal billing? What if there was a universe out there that you could write/draw/film in that was as big as half the art talent on the planet but you could contribute as an equal to the big boys?
Well, there is, using the Creative Commons License structure, www.thedydenexperiment.com is building just that Universe. Here are hundreds of planets, a faster than light travel system, a society, working governments, all laid out and available for everyone to add too. By working together, we're going to build a great Universe with comics, novels, tons of fan art. It's going to rival Lucas or Tolkien. But here's where it's better. You will always own your piece. You will always be able to contribute. Your work may still end up in someone else's story but you'll still own it, still get credit, and be able to use their work too. Best of all; no megalomaniac is ever going to be able to sell your work and keep the billions of dollars.
Welcome aboard rebel!

So what happens if you create, for example, a character that somebody else then decides to kill off?

You'll just have to bring them back, of course! (I've been dead before. --Spock)
That could be entertaining to watch play out.

Person A: Creates Character "Yogi"
Person B: Kills "Yogi" by asteroid
A: Resurrects Yogi using nanobots
B: Kills Yogi with laser shot
A: Resurrects Yogi using magic elixir
B: Kills Yogi in sword fight
A: Resurrects Yogi using time travel
B: Kills Yogi...
A: Resurrects Yogi..

... and on & on. :D It could be a whole genre upon itself of finding ways to kill & resurrect Yogi.

That could be entertaining to watch play out.

Person A: Creates Character "Yogi"
Person B: Kills "Yogi" by asteroid
A: Resurrects Yogi using nanobots
B: Kills Yogi with laser shot
A: Resurrects Yogi using magic elixir
B: Kills Yogi in sword fight
A: Resurrects Yogi using time travel
B: Kills Yogi...
A: Resurrects Yogi..

... and on & on. :D It could be a whole genre upon itself of finding ways to kill & resurrect Yogi.

I just bought Mass Effect 2. There was death and resurrection by nanobots in the opening stages. It's not so outlandish as one might think :smiley:

Usually the chief editor intervenes after step 2 with a note that reads:

"Dear person B: I love your story about the asteroid. Unfortunately, Yogi is part of a larger story and can't 'Officially' die yet. I'd really love to post this story if you rebranded it as a different character but I can't post it as official because it contradicts our history. If you want to post it somewhere else as 'fan art' we'd love to see it. Please just remember our crediting requirements. Thanks again for your hard work​
Love,​
Joel Stottlemire, Chief Editor​
If they insisted on fighting it out over Yogi, they'd probably get recommended to Jared, who runs the humor section.
Love,

Joel Stottlemire, Chief Editor
www.thedrydenexperiment.com

ps. We will never resurrect anyone by use of time travel. To us time travel is like a franchises way of saying to their audience, "We think our revenue stream is greater than your grasp on reality. Suck it up and go rebuy all the action figures with the new faces."

Love,

Usually the chief editor intervenes after step 2 with a note that reads:

"Dear person B: I love your story about the asteroid. Unfortunately, Yogi is part of a larger story and can't 'Officially' die yet.​

Good job that 'red weddings' aren't a popular form of storytelling then!

SNOW+WHITE+BEAR+(9).png
Don't kill Yogi! Not Yogi!!!

buddy of mine gave up on the Dune series after 'they bought back Duncan Idaho for the fourth or fifth time'.

SNOW+WHITE+BEAR+(9).png
Don't kill Yogi! Not Yogi!!!

buddy of mine gave up on the Dune series after 'they bought back Duncan Idaho for the fourth or fifth time'.

Can you blame him. Awww, I feel all sad that my favorite character died, except I don't because the series has lost all emotional credibility. It feels like reading a comic book.

Back