The Edge of Everything I Wanted

ahhh omg! how can you end it there?!
that email was sooo cute!!
so the girl is just a friend!!? right??!
awesome update
loved it!!
cant wait for more!!

I'm betting the girl is just a friend. If there was more than just a hug and a kissing on the cheek, then I would say he was cheating. So Sydney needs to ask Vaughn who she is before jumping to conclusions.

Chris

i really hope that girl is just a good friend of his...i hope that syd and vaughn don't get into a fight over it!! update soon!

Dude she thought she was pregannat ahh not good for them for starters Jack woulda killed the babys daddy
and vaughns isnt cheating its not in his blood (he so shoulda cheated on lauren if he was ever gonna cheat) ill make a bet its some french chick or someone hes tutoring PLUS, i always kiss my guy friends it means NOTHING!!!
This isnt good i hope she doesnt thinks hes cheating

no....................................................
i mean he wouldnt do that..................
I kinda wish syd was pregnant...:smiley:...
great update.....................................
I can't wait for the next one...............
Sorry about all the full stops...............
I realy think they are fun to do...........

Dude she thought she was pregannat ahh not good for them for starters Jack woulda killed the babys daddy
and vaughns isnt cheating its not in his blood (he so shoulda cheated on lauren if he was ever gonna cheat) ill make a bet its some french chick or someone hes tutoring PLUS, i always kiss my guy friends it means NOTHING!!!
This isnt good i hope she doesnt thinks hes cheating
someone he's tutoring! hahaha. that made me laugh :D

Its been so long that I had to use my fingers AND toes AND then some to count the days.....TWENTY THREE!!!!!!! 23 days since you last updated!!! I know your REALLY busy....but can we at least have some spoilers....pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!! :smiley: I'm dyin' over here!! Ok I'll stop begging now!!

holy cow! i knew it was a while, but 23 days? dude. i'll try to post something later today because i'm not on the right computer now. SORRY!!!

WOW....I was expecting a "get over it....I'll post when I want"!! 👅 But man I will complain more often to remind you how long its been!! But no seriously I do understand the busy part...I'm really not as bitchy as I sound!! :D

i really do apologize about how long it's been. it's just every single time i thought to update i was on the wrong computer, and then i forgot.

DID ANYONE WATCH PUSHING DAISIES?!!!! IT WAS ADORABLE!!!!!

Chapter Nine

After replaying the events in her mind for about two minutes, Sydney decided that she didn’t have to take this situation lying down. She and Vaughn had been together for one year and five months, a little more even. Truly, they’d been through many hardships – and they had overcome them all. They’d fought the protesting of Alice, Noah, Sark, Lauren, and her father so that they could be a couple. Sydney was not going to leave empty-handed and without an explanation. At the current time, she was too stubborn to succumb to any human sentiment that a person in her position should experience.

That would come later, after she had her answers.

Strong-minded, she marched to Vaughn’s dorm room and knocked powerfully on the cheap wood, causing a rather noisy rumbling in the hallway. The five seconds of no one answering it only provoked her fist to pound harder.

She was a scorned woman on a mission, and nothing would stop her wrath.

Vaughn had been sweating to death from the high temperature. He was taking off his t-shirt when some idiot had decided that if they didn’t come inside his room right that minute, they’d die. Multitasking, he walked to the door and removed his shirt entirely, so that he was now only dressed in a white under T-shirt. Irked, he pulled the door open, and said, “What the hel–”. He stopped mid sentence. Leisurely, the two corners of his lips were raised into a very perplexed, very jovial grin. “Syd,” he said. “What’re you –,” he began, but stopped when the wind was knocked out of him when she rigorously pushed him inside the small room and shut the door.

She was small, but she packed quite a punch.

Sydney’s shove was vigorous; he was absolutely taken aback, both literally and figuratively. Caught off balance, he restored his stability before possibly falling backward. Her first severe words were, “I don’t deserve this.” Vaughn was at the bottom of the ocean while she was somewhere up above the clouds. She was shaking her head from side to side rapidly. “I don’t deserve this, Vaughn,” she spat. “I don’t,” she repeated, softer, less callously. “I didn’t do anything wrong.” For a moment into her monologue, he still didn’t have a clue as to what she was speaking of. Then, like the stereotypical grand piano falling from a skyscraper, it hit him.

She’d seen Jess walk out of his room. Not only did she get the wrong impression, he now could pick up much jealousness in her tone.

“…I don’t get it. What was the point of stringing me–,” she was continuing before Vaughn’s mouth fused to hers. She didn’t gripe or squirm. Neither did she move any of her limbs, including her lips. The fact of the matter was that she was unable to by any means; she was practically paralyzed by his steamy, fiery kiss.

The room got hotter by at least ten degrees, and it spun like a tornado. Identical to the first time he’d ever kissed her, her knees went weak. However, he held her up, just as similarly to that initial locking of lips. In no way was he slowing down. His kiss was full of passion, of integrity, of fidelity, of meaning. Through actions, which speak louder than words anyway, he was showing her that not only was he not cheating on her, but that he was probably more in love with her than he’d ever been.

Three minutes into her paralysis, Sydney couldn’t help but respond – and not negatively as she would have thought. For the length of the kiss, if nothing else, all of her assumptions escaped her. She didn’t see that girl leave her boyfriend’s dorm, or them giggling and embracing. None of that happened. Right now, she was just a girlfriend who had not seen her boyfriend in months.

She missed him, so much that she was willing to temporarily forget everything she just witnessed. It didn’t matter.

Her palms went flat against his chest, using the resilient muscle as a buttress to keep her steady. His hands were clasping the area between her hips and the small of her back, right smack in the middle of her shirt hem and where the fabric of her jeans began. Vaughn broke the kiss unhurriedly. Sydney was positively speechless.

“I’m not cheating on you, Syd,” Vaughn said after two seconds, gazing unswervingly into her chocolate eyes. She stared back, a part of her still unsure, though her trust in him was restored. “That girl you saw…” he continued, “… Well, actually, you’ve met her a few times before. Her name’s Jess, from my high school,” he explained. “Remember?”

Jess. His friend Jess, who she’s met at least on two occasions. Sydney first met Jess at the hockey game that she miraculously ended up attending. Then, she met her again at the battle of the bands they had been to at Vaughn’s school.

Sydney was experiencing so much chagrin; she was enormously embarrassed. After conquering a new bout of astonishment, she covered her face with her hands in humiliation. “So you’re not…,” she mumbled through the spaces between her fingers.

“No, definitely not,” Vaughn answered, even-tempered. Since Sydney had chosen to remain where she was standing, to carry on feeling mortified, Vaughn decided to change the topic. “Ya gonna tell me why you’re here a day before you’re supposed to be?” he grinned charmingly, his hands hanging on the brims of his pockets.

She admired his attempt to make her feel better. “My class for tomorrow got canceled, so I moved up my flight,” she answered, slowly returning to normalness.

Vaughn looked around. She had brought no luggage with her. “Where’s your stuff?” he asked in a little laugh.

“Home,” she smiled, now her own hands in her pockets as she swayed gently.

Vaughn shook his head in a “You’re crazy” kind of way, but his smile blighted his credibility. He closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms around her lovingly. “How’ve you been?” he asked, his nose nearing the crook of her neck, picking up the fruity smells of her shampoo.

Her arms enveloped him as well. This is how their reunion should have started in the first place. She placed her chin on his shoulder, and nuzzled closer. “Besides missing you like no tomorrow, fine.” Sydney picked up her head every so slightly, and for the first time realized Vaughn’s roommate wasn’t in there. “Where’s Steve?” she asked.

Vaughn broke their embrace, and Sydney looked at him strangely. He countered her look with a raised eyebrow. “Well, you know, it’s just you come in yelling at me, then we’re okay, and now you’re asking about Steve,” he said in a factual way, but anyone would be able to tell he was joking. “I guess I want to know if there’s something you want to tell me,” he added, a full blown smile plastered on.

Sydney chuckled and walked past him to his bed. Though she’d never been in his room before, she knew which bed was his because she recognized his pillow, and there was a picture of them on the nightstand beside the bed, which was also a dead giveaway. “As a matter of fact,” she opened while plopping down on the bed, “I supposed it’s better you find out now about Steve and me. You know, even though I’ve never met, or even spoken to, him, we just have this,” she contorted her face in a serious manner, “unavoidable chemistry,” she finished.

“You are just,” he held up his hands and pinched his thumbs to his index and middle fingers, “so funny,” he said sarcastically as he went to sit next to her.

“I’m glad you think so,” she said before giving him a quick peck on the lips. “Because these west coast kids I go to school with don’t always pick up so well on my east coast humor.”

As they sat, thighs touching, backs against the wall, Vaughn informed Sydney that the all-famous Steven McKellen was at the student center, and wouldn’t be back for at least two more hours. They caught each other up on anything that need be. Somehow during their conversation, they began holding hands, though neither could recall who the instigator was. That was probably the part they loved the most. Actions came so naturally to them that they were obstructed from memory.

Seeing Sydney show her dimples, Vaughn said, “I’ve missed that.”

“What?” she questioned, not knowing what he was talking about.

“Your smile,” he said at first. But then he added, “You.” He paused. “Talking isn’t seeing.”

She knew what he meant, but she didn’t want to quit her light mode yet. “Relationships aren’t about looks-,” she was saying, but Vaughn butt in.

“-You know that’s not what I mean, that that’s not what it is about us.” Aware of precisely what he meant, she nodded. “You make me happy, Syd,” he said before leaning in to kiss her deeply. It began achingly sluggish, but picked up momentum as it persisted. The kiss wasn’t forced or needed, it just was. And it was revealing of every last feeling Vaughn felt for Sydney, and with a few moments, the same could be said about Sydney for Vaughn.

“You make me happy, too,” Sydney exhaled when they pulled apart. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

Ahhh what A way to explain
who could ignore vaughn when he kissed em
but i love the explaniation thank god it was decent
ahh they have TWO hours before steve comes back ... i can think of something more intresting they should be doing!

YA now I'm really REALLY happy!!
-I'm glad it was just jess....but I knew he wouldnt cheat on her!
They are just soo freakin' adorable...I LOVE this fic!!

Well, I'm glad Vaughn wasn't totally clueless about why Sydney was mad. I also like how he managed to reassure her, that she was the only girl for him.

Of course we all knew he wasn't really cheating on Syd but it did add some wonderful angst there for a while.

Last time I reminded you how long it was we got an update so I thought I would try it again! Its been 10 days since we have gotten an update...is that long enough?? :rolleyes:

Back