The EMP burst from the sun

Spacekat Tommy

Spacekat
Reporter: "And just like that, the world is standing still. We're currently waiting for the power to resume so transactions can be made. Food, water, gas, and other things in our lives have all been based around electronic transactions. With the most recent power failure everyone is beginning to get concerned about the next few hours, and there's a worry about whats to come in the next few days if it doesn't return."

What happens to society?

Sudden Loss of the Electrical Grid | GhOsTtOwN.Us

f053e49f6daa6cd110bee2e35d285bc0.jpg

Undead1 did a shoutbox message about power outages due to Geo-Magnetic Storms:
It is Saturday and I hope everyone is doing great. We had Electrical outages across the parts of the U.S. yesterday due to a Geo-Magnetic storm that will going on even today. Let's hope our Grid does not go all the way down. Are you Ready it if does

This got me thinking about the times in my life where I had to live without electricity
for extended periods (up to 2 months once).
All those times, it was me without electrical service but the grid was still on.
A very different type of scenario.

8884509ce93f0b30f6512765d5214a04.jpg

This scenario tasks us to list out what we would do if the entire world grid failed for an extended period of time.
To make it encompassing, the Earth is in a condition where electricity cannot conduct.
No electricity at all.
The outage is sudden, no warning of failure.
Just wham, no electricity!

5f1f119a5e0c7401c11a9654d996adbb.jpg

Batteries are dead.
Generators don't work.
Engines requiring electrical spark won't run.
All capacitors discharged.
Your windup flash light won't work.
Even your solar calculator won't work.

Imagine the mayhem and panic in the first hour.
Planes fall, vehicles crash, life support at hospitals fail.
The entire world is thrown into hysteria.

You are at home, asleep at night, when it happens.
You wake to find the power is out.
What do you do right away?
As morning turns to day?
As day turns to dark of night?

ac477dc930f84b92c6ddf36c04b4c974.jpg

This exercise tasks you to construct a timeline of events that you prepared.
A week passes, then a month, Spring turns to Summer and fades into Fall.
By the start of Winter you know the condition is world-wide.
How do you prepare for a long cold Winter?
Nothing requiring electricity works anymore, nothing!

The Saving Grace:
Fluid hydraulics still works.
Diesel engines still work if you can get them fired up.
Steam still works.
Fire still burns.
Work animals still work.
Mechanical physics still apply.

5c1b4ead273b88360fa67e52aad76adf.jpg

What columns would you make to construct your action plan?
Would you have individual plans for each member of your group?
How would you tie all the individual plans together?

Feel Free to come check out more SHTF scenarios at
GhostTown.US
A FREE Preppers Community

The sun has started to grow in solar flares has intensified. The intensity over the last 40 years has been increasing in the number of solar flare and how strong they have been. It would appear that maybe our sun is going through a phase that we do not understand yet. We have never studied any other sun close up before and really don't have anything to compare it all too. There are a number of scientists that believe that the cycle of our sun has repeating a cycle that that keeps happening that might be causing global warming and maybe the next ice age.

The Sun is a 12 billion year star. Its around 4.5 billion years old.
It is considered in main sequence.
Part of the Sun's normal life it sheds off what is called the solar wind.
Charged particles that move out from the star in all directions at differing intensities and velocities.
The Earth has an Iron Core surrounded by a molten iron outer core and both are spinning.
It creates a magnetosphere that deflects the solar wind from washing against the planet.

During periods of extreme activity the solar wind can penetrate some spots in the magnetosphere that do in fact cause blackouts in the electrical grid. The magnetosphere is a dynamic field not an impenetrable shield.

At 4.5 billion years and in the first half of main sequence the Sun is getting hotter.
However, the heat pulses over time, its not just a steady increase.
Ice ages are due to many factors of which the Sun is only part of the equation.
The Sun is getting hotter so it does affect global warming of the Earth but it is not the sole reason for global warming.

If anyone really does care about being accurate, all this information is available on the internet.
If you want actual science, try searching in Google Scholar and reading some of the abstracts or actually reference the complete papers.
If you depend on the TV shows for your science you are being fooled to sell airtime so they can make money.

I am not talking about TV shows, but rather Scientists. there could be something that is causing the increase that has been seen as a increase over the years. Now remember and scientific fact is only a best guess at the time for what is considered science fact at that time with the knowledge we think we know/understand. So there could be "others" that have new thoughts that might have some merit and need to be explored. We must strive to always continue to explore and study to see if there is more to learn and better understand. I am NOT a scientist myself, so I just try to stay open minded and looking at all options.

So there could be "others" that have new thoughts that might have some merit and need to be explored. We must strive to always continue to explore and study to see if there is more to learn and better understand.
I agree, absolutely.
Look at gravitational waves. Everyone was locked into the idea that they couldn't exist but someone chose to keep looking and bingo, they do exist.
If you could get your eyes on some old 50's and 60's documentaries and compare them with what science knows today you would realize that in 40 or 50 years those old documentaries will be the ones being made right now.
The sun has started to grow in solar flares has intensified. The intensity over the last 40 years has been increasing in the number of solar flare and how strong they have been.
I read this as you trying to place a significance on it. 40 years is a blink of an eye, mankind is a blink of an eye.
2 million years is nothing compared to 4.5 billion years. A million years from now the Sun will still be roughlt only 4.501 billion years old. Insignificant in the overall lifespan. Still in an increasing main sequence.
It would appear that maybe our sun is going through a phase that we do not understand yet.
Appear? We flat out do not fully understand our nearest star. We haven't had time to gather any significant data about it yet. We merely have a few observations and lots of ideas about it.
We have never studied any other sun close up before and really don't have anything to compare it all too.
First, there is only one Sun, that is the Star Sol. Sun is a nickname given to Sol by our early ancestors.
We have observations of other stars that we can't get from Sol. We have observations from Sol that we can't get from other stars. They are all different in one way or another. Any comparisons are insignificant and can lead to delusions that prohibit discovery. The worst thing in science is to assume anything.
There are a number of scientists that believe that the cycle of our sun has repeating a cycle that that keeps happening that might be causing global warming and maybe the next ice age.
Solar cycles are an established science, its not a belief. The Solar maximum happens on an 11 year cycle.
upload_2017-9-28_20-8-17.gif

Science also knows that Sol cycles up and down in its plane of orbit in the galaxy. That cycling is also a spiral and we have not recorded enough data to determine if that movement has an effect on Solar dynamics yet.

It has been proven that the Earth has a cycle of icing and warming. Global warming triggers ice ages.
Currently we are at the ending stages of Earth's last ice age. Of course its warming globally. We barely notice because we do not exist relative to geological time scales.
Some people will argue that humans are causing global warming. Consider for a moment that the last 200 years is insignificant to geological time. Geologically, the warming is speeding up because it is compounded as more heat melts the ice. Yes, humans do contribute to it but about the same as dropping a pan of boiling water in Lake Superior in the late spring.

I keep an open mind because I realize there are far, far more things we don't know than anything we think we know. There is no science that is completely unlocked and may never really be any.

For True Godhood Is To Know Everything About Everything Everywhere And In All Possible Outcomes.

By gone years, man you have all bases covered, yall got my semi sci-fi mind a spinnin' great debates though, Emp is also a weapon...hint, hint.....;);)

Back