Horror The Empty Man (2020)

Tom

An Old Friend

The Empty Man (2020)​

R | 2h 17min | Crime, Drama, Horror | 23 October 2020 (USA)

MV5BNWQyMzA3NDItMDRhZi00MWUxLTgyYmYtM2I1NTI3ZTE2NjY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0...jpg
On the trail of a missing girl, an ex-cop comes across a secretive group attempting to summon a terrifying supernatural entity.
Another film in my que I haven't watched yet. From the trailer it looks like another Urban Legend monster movie like Candyman or Bloody Mary. This time ya gotta blow in a bottle found on a bridge? BUT, the trailer looks pretty cool. Problem is, I've seen movies where the trailer is better than the movie so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, here's the trailer...

Jethro

Staff member
Hey Tom, surprisingly have this one down as a must watch, but haven't got to it yet. More of the same or did the script writers find a new approach? Guess we'll find out.

Tom

An Old Friend
In and of itself it can be an okay film to see but if you have seen any other urban legend movie it leaves much to be desired. Still, it has enough of a difference it could be a source for alternative legend discussion. Just don't expect too much or very different.
Candy Man and Bloody Mary are twice better film legends and worth more of a watch but given the bankruptcy of writers and directors lately, its still better than most horror flicks.