Horror The Empty Man (2020)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: The Empty Man

Tagline: The first night you hear him. The second night you see him. The third night he finds you.

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller

Director: David Prior

Cast: James Badge Dale, Marin Ireland, Sasha Frolova, Samantha Logan, Evan Jonigkeit, Virginia Kull, Robert Aramayo, Ron Canada, Jessica Matten, Aaron Poole, Stephen Root, Jamie-Lee Money, Owen Teague, Joel Courtney, Connor Dowds, Vere Tindale, Tanya van Graan, Michael Bundred, Reine Swart, Sven Ruygrok, Brian "Wolfman Black" Bowman, Bryan Kreutz, Connie Hollins, Jaan Marion, Robert Coutts, Phoebe Nicholls

Release: 2020-10-22

Runtime: 137

Plot: Retired cop James Lasombra is asked by a friend to investigate the disappearance of her daughter, who seemingly packed in the night and left an ominous message on the bathroom mirror - "The Empty Man Made Me Do It." As he investigates this mysterious figure further, James begins to see and hear strange things, and is forced to come to terms with his past and what it means for his future.
The Empty Man (2020)

The Empty Man (2020)​

R | 2h 17min | Crime, Drama, Horror | 23 October 2020 (USA)

On the trail of a missing girl, an ex-cop comes across a secretive group attempting to summon a terrifying supernatural entity.
Another film in my que I haven't watched yet. From the trailer it looks like another Urban Legend monster movie like Candyman or Bloody Mary. This time ya gotta blow in a bottle found on a bridge? BUT, the trailer looks pretty cool. Problem is, I've seen movies where the trailer is better than the movie so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, here's the trailer...

Hey Tom, surprisingly have this one down as a must watch, but haven't got to it yet. More of the same or did the script writers find a new approach? Guess we'll find out.

In and of itself it can be an okay film to see but if you have seen any other urban legend movie it leaves much to be desired. Still, it has enough of a difference it could be a source for alternative legend discussion. Just don't expect too much or very different.
Candy Man and Bloody Mary are twice better film legends and worth more of a watch but given the bankruptcy of writers and directors lately, its still better than most horror flicks.