Season 3 The end!

Ok, I love her place, but it is so big and empty. I almost cried at the shot of her alone on the couch. He was such a jerk to her and I am so sick of her being sad and crying so much. Ugh. She is so alone and it is so not fair! :angry:

Vaughn could have slept on the couch!!! He could have stayed good, honorable and kind without literally getting back into bed with his wife.

I think he seriously blew it with Syd...at least it will be a long long time before she opens herself up again to the possibility of love with him

I do think that the fact he got up, out of bed to call SYd in the night may be a little spark of hope...maybe if she hadn't hung up on him, he would have told her that it was a temporary set back in his plan to leave Lauren.

I do think he'll smack Lauren down next epi

that was once again another extremely depressing ending!! how many times now have we ended with syd crying and vaughn goin back to his wife acting like nothing has happened!!
but like mentioned above i know there still is hope and vaughn having called syd just proves that, or he did it to make him feel better for ditching her but i think he knows his marriage is over and its just a matter of time til he ends it and with the whole laurens dad death thing he is just there to comfort her and nothing more. or so thats what im hoping for.
and the look lauren gave when lyin in bed was so freakin freaky!! it was really creepy!

Watch Out Sark said:
am i the only one who still sees that . . . Vaughn rejected lauren!!! and vaughn and syd still have a chance? (despite the fact that syd should be pissed at vaughn)
Nope, you are not alone. Although hope seemed to fly out the window, I believe it's still there.

Vaughn really had no choice but to be there for his wife. And let's face it, if Vaughn had not been there for Lauren.... I would have thought that he was a heartless SOB.

as much as i love vaughn, he made me so mad in this eppy. of course he should feel bad for lauren, but go running back to her? no way. dont you think he would realize that it didnt work with alice and its not gonna work with lauren! UGH. i was SOOOO mad! and sydney was so sad!! poor girl.

Lauren looked really freaky at the end too. when she opened her eyes and that weird music was playing. it was like she was some evil doll.

heartbreaking...exactly the word i used, over and over again...it made me so sad...

i thought he was on the couch, and then they showed Lauren (who was looking very evil as she opened those eyes) and everyone in the room here just yelled, "Ohh!!!! Damnit!!!!"

I was just thinking.... we S/V shippers have had to put up with so much heartbreak this season. All I have to say, is when it finally happens and they are able to be with each other..... we better see some serious screen time between the two of them and not just a couple of longing looks, hugs, etc... I know alot of people may disagree because they would rather do without that. But, I hope that J.J. makes it well worth the wait.

Vaughnlovesonlysyd said:
I do think he'll smack Lauren down next epi
Only when he finds out what she is, and that's too bad. He should be able to leave her because they don't belong together--or figure it out before it's thrown into his face. Right now he's proving Jack's statement about him, and that's too bad.
;)

The ending was heartbreaking, but I really don't think Vaughn was ignorant of it. The reason he called her in the first place was because he couldn't sleep. The fact that he even called her means (to me) that he cared about apologizing. After Sydney hung up on him, I noticed how upset Vaughn looked. He knew he crushed Sydney's hopes, & his as well. I think that's why he was so short with what he said.

I wouldn't call that weak. It takes incredible strength to sacrifice your own happiness in favor of someone else's. Unfortunately, Sydney is taken along for the ride. He knows that no matter what he does, he is hurting someone who loves him. He doesn't know that Lauren is a conniving beast, & he probably won't care about how she feels after finding that out.

Also, do you really think Lauren would've been okay with him crashing on the couch? Given her tantrum when Vaughn said it wasn't working, it seems doubtful. Not only is he being there for the woman he married in her 'time of need,' but he also probably understands that she doesn't need to add the stress of the separation on top of her father's death.

I can't wait until Lauren is exposed & for Sydney & Vaughn getting back together. It sucks that shippers have dealt with this all season, but there always has to be conflict to keep viewers. I'm sure JJ knows how people feel about the issue, otherwise, we wouldn't have that tension. Sydney would be dating someone else or throw her free time into getting another degree, etc.

Sunburst said:
After Sydney hung up on him, I noticed how upset Vaughn looked.
Good. He should be upset.

It takes incredible strength to sacrifice your own happiness in favor of someone else's.  Unfortunately, Sydney is taken along for the ride.
And he's almost always been willing to sacrifice Sydney's happiness . . . even for that of people who don't mean one-tenth as much to him. People who aren't his wife . . . Hm.

Also, do you really think Lauren would've been okay with him crashing on the couch?
So? Has he no will of his own? I thought he had "incredible strength." He could say, "if you want my support, Lauren, you need to respect certain boundaries. We can't pretend everything is normal between us because times are hard." But it's just easier not to talk about emotions, huh? If she had insisted on throwing a fit, there's always Weiss' couch. I have a feeling she would have shut up quickly enough if he had suggested that arrangement.

I can't wait until Lauren is exposed & for Sydney & Vaughn getting back together.  It sucks that shippers have dealt with this all season, but there always has to be conflict to keep viewers.
What would really "suck" is if Sydney let him put her through all that and just turned around and immediately forgave him and said, "Here, let me drop everything and forget all you put me through and forgive you this second because after all you were married to her, how could you guess that she was an evil witch? Let me comfort you. Come to bed, Dear!" Jack's still paying for his mistakes over 30 years later. The least Vaughn can do is pay for his for a couple of weeks.
;)

:madfire: WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM???

Doesn't he realize that poor girl's been through enough in the last year to send ANYONE over the edge?!? I don't think he has any idea of what he's doing to her--leading her on & dropping her like a hot potato. I guess he just thinks she she a tough bad @$$ and it doesn't affect her that much. If he did, he would have NEVER handled it like that.

All I want is for Syd to lay into him ONE GOOD TIME, so he can stop feeling sorry for HIMSELF and start realizing what she's been through. :cuss:

As far as I'm concerned, he's not worth the heartache. BRING BACK WILL!!! He'd appreciate her for sure!

verdantheart said:
And he's almost always been willing to sacrifice Sydney's happiness . . . even for that of people who don't mean one-tenth as much to him. People who aren't his wife . . . Hm.

What would really "suck" is if Sydney let him put her through all that and just turned around and immediately forgave him and said, "Here, let me drop everything and forget all you put me through and forgive you this second because after all you were married to her, how could you guess that she was an evil witch? Let me comfort you. Come to bed, Dear!" Jack's still paying for his mistakes over 30 years later. The least Vaughn can do is pay for his for a couple of weeks.
;)
I agree with this. Vaughn just assumes that Syd will always be there waiting for him. A perfect example was when he told her that he was leaving his wife...then immediately asked Syd to go to coffee...almost like he was doing her a favor...by spending time with her..."taking her back".

Vaughn has done some amazing things for Syd and I can't fully discount those actions, but his recent actions leave much much more to be expected. I understand he is in a difficult situation. I don't think it is wrong to be there to comfort Lauren, but he could be honest with himself, Lauren and Syd by clearly stating his true feelings.

That being said, I think it is pretty clear that Syd will take Vaughn back. She seems willing to let him get away with just about anything...as long as he gives her a hug every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing those hugs just as much as the rest of the S/V shippers, but I want to see Vaughn take a little more initiative...she is supposed to be the love of his life.

Well. I might be in the minority, but I still believe that they are destined to be together. His wife's father had just died; he doesn't know that his wife's mother is the crazy person who killed her and that Lauren was supposed to; but he was doing the right thing. Him calling Syd to tell her that he wasn't going to make it; I would have rather been called than just sitting there wondering if he was just sitting next door at Weiss' apartment and not calling me. But after saying all of that; ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Take Care,

Kiki

Sure, eventually--but not OK, you just put me through hell, but you're my soul mate, so whatever, that's nothing. Walk all over me, treat me like dirt, I don't care.
-_-

verdantheart said:
Sure, eventually--but not OK, you just put me through hell, but you're my soul mate, so whatever, that's nothing. Walk all over me, treat me like dirt, I don't care.
-_-
Right on VH - what a strong female role model she presents...

Strong, spunky Sydney from the first two season needs to flash forward and kick weepy, boring season 3 Sydney's butt into gear!

:P

I was REALLY mad at Lauren anyway,but what really did it for me was when Vaughn hugged Lauren and she looked right at Sydney over his shoulder. I flipped out!!! I was shaking my fists and screaming at the TV. But then I cried at the end when Vaughn called Sydney. Vaughn is such a butthead!!! And Lauren is such a *h**e!!! Why can't he see that?!?!?!? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sycofancy said:
What's sad is when someone can't move on...
yes, Syd can't move on because she LOVES Vaughn ... when you love someone you just don't move on ... how hard is that to understand ...

And for Vaughn ... he actually called tolet her know what has happened, and even though he didn't have to, he did ... Syd was expecting the call, but wouldn't it have been worse if she was sitting there and he didn't even care to call ...

at least Syd is aware now of what happened ...

Back