Politics The end

Eventually the sun will die and life as we know it will no longer exist on the earth.
I don't believe in God really, so I don't believe in Judgement Day or Armageddon or whatever, but scientifically it is pretty much sure that life will end on earth one day.

"The Sun will vaporize the Earth before it [the Earth] solidifies, but it's nothing you need to take out an insurance policy for." ah, my astro professor is so funny.

yeah, and so is everyones elses ideas. why, when the bible is mentioned, do things become debatable?
because people often confuse the Bible with a science textbook. the Bible is meant to guide us (well, Christians anyway) on moral issues and not scientific truth (lol, scientific truth, what an oxymoron). that's why things are always debatable with the Bible, because it's just "another idea". like i said before, wrong thread.

does anyone think that we're in the End now with all these natural disasters in the past year? Tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, war, food crisis, etc. did someone already bring this up? i think so, anyway...

does anyone think that we're in the End now with all these natural disasters in the past year? Tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, war, food crisis, etc. did someone already bring this up? i think so, anyway...

I know that there have been a lot of religious people who have said that they think we are living in the end of days. But as one pointed out (I can't remember who...sorry), people say this all the time. He said that he's been teaching that we'll see the end of days in the next ten years, but his father 40 some years ago said the same thing.

Natural disasters occur all the time, and while I think there have been some more extreme natural disasters in the past few years, I don't think it indicates the end of the world.

Yeah eventually of course, when the sun dies. Not because some psychotic religious fanatic like my poor grandmother informs me "the bible says so". I love my grandmother but when she starts that conversation, we all just roll our eyes.

Yeah eventually of course, when the sun dies. Not because some psychotic religious fanatic like my poor grandmother informs me "the bible says so". I love my grandmother but when she starts that conversation, we all just roll our eyes.

i find that comment quite insulting, considering that is what the bible says and i believe that. i dont call other people psychotic fanatics because of what they believe, so i think it is fair that other people dont either. furthermore, your comment relates to the question i posed earlier - why when the bible is mentioned do things become debatable or psychotic, as you so eloquently phrased it?

i find that comment quite insulting, considering that is what the bible says and i believe that. i dont call other people psychotic fanatics because of what they believe, so i think it is fair that other people dont either. furthermore, your comment relates to the question i posed earlier - why when the bible is mentioned do things become debatable or psychotic, as you so eloquently phrased it?

I don't think she was trying to group all people who use the bible as a basis for when the world ends as fanatical...just her grandmother.

I know people who believe the world is going to end and use the bible as their proof and sound completely eloquent and rational. I also know people who sound extremely fanatical and you really can't take them seriously.

Things become debatable when the bible is mentioned because it's not an end all be all to most people. Most people aren't Christian and don't view the bible as a historical text that is proving that the end of days is near. There are many biblical scholars and some religions who don't take what the bible says verbatim, instead they look at parts of it as a whole.

That's where things become debatable, because it's not something that everyone can believe.

That's where things become debatable, because it's not something that everyone can believe.

that may be correct, but people should respect other peoples beliefs. i may find someones belief 'iffy' but i dont go round saying its wrong and thats debatable and the like. A lot of people do believe in the bible, so other people should be respectful of that.

that may be correct, but people should respect other peoples beliefs. i may find someones belief 'iffy' but i dont go round saying its wrong and thats debatable and the like. A lot of people do believe in the bible, so other people should be respectful of that.

I agree...and I don't think that anyone is saying that it's wrong. But it is debatable, just as everything on this planet is debatable...that can't be denied.

no that cant be denied, but it seems that the bible is more debatable than most things

Depends on the person, and the area. A person who believes in Creation would find the Big Bang Theory very debatable. In my area, where the fast majority of people are very religious, the bible is viewed as a way of life, and isn't debated all that often...somewhere else it might be.

But that's getting a bit off topic.

Everything that has a beginning has an end :D

Of course world is going to end someday. If we won't destroy it (and I think we will) the sun will when it dies.

Back