The Facebook

Jamison

Cadet
This seems like it would go here, since it deals with college life.

Is there anyone else out there who is hopelessly addicted to the wonderful invention that we like to call 'thefacebook'?

It really is a sickness.

SkyGirl5 said:
IT IS A SICKNESS!!!
one of the many that i have :P
hhahah 'the facebook' is the most wonderful thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="1253810"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol! It is! I love it so much!! :D

YES!
spying on people from high school is great!

plus i just met this girl whos just as obsessed w/ alias as i am - and she lives near me on campus!!! :D

SkyGirl5 said:
YES!
spying on people from high school is great!

plus i just met this girl whos just as obsessed w/ alias as i am - and she lives near me on campus!!! :D
[post="1254037"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that is awesome! I started an 'Alias Addicts' group...and we have like 60 members! It was awesome meeting so many other addicted fans :D

UncoveringAlias said:
Would it be... www.thefacebook.com ?
[post="1257396"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yep.

And for those of you that asked The Facebook is a community where you make a profile of yourself based on what college or university you go to (although some aren't on there). You make a profile filled with interests, where you live on campus, classes you take and all of that good stuff. Then you add friends from your university and others, and then are linked to all of their friends. And you can click on your interests to find people at your school that like the same things as you. Plus you can creat groups for anything. Like I made an Alias group and we have about 60 members now.

It probably sounds confusing and kinda dumb, but let me tell ya it's sooo addicting. I was really excited when they added my school back in November, and I've been a hopeless addict ever since.

I'm on the facebook, but I manage not to let it control my life the way it does for so many I know. It was started here in Boston, so the sickness is really an epidemic here at BU. Everyone in my sorority is addicted.

I love how "facebook" and "friend" have become verbs.

As in, "OMG the hot guy in bio friended me!"

Also, the # of random groups is funny. My friend is a member of Northeaserners Against Popped Collars.

lol...I get more messages on facebook than e-mails now...but I guess it is fair, I tend to check that more often.

And I notice here that people use facebook as friend too. I've had several friends say "Oh that hot guy/girl friended me."

And I'm guilty of being in a lot of groups...on is the Anti-popped collar club...hehe

Has anyone ever had/been a facebook stalker? You know, someone you barely know who sends you random messages and then when you talk to them knows like every word of your profile?

I had a problem with that last semester. There was this guy who would always throw in random facts that he only could have gotten from facebook, such as, "So, you like Sam in Sex in the City right? She's hot." And then he friended all my friends, even the ones from high school he hasn't even met.

But of course, I do the same thing to guys I like. Not that extreme, but I do look at their profile way too often.

My friend wants to have a bumpersticker made that says, "I am a facebook wh*re."

Back