The Facebook

ms.katejones said:
Has anyone ever had/been a facebook stalker? You know, someone you barely know who sends you random messages and then when you talk to them knows like every word of your profile?

I had a problem with that last semester. There was this guy who would always throw in random facts that he only could have gotten from facebook, such as, "So, you like Sam in Sex in the City right? She's hot." And then he friended all my friends, even the ones from high school he hasn't even met.

But of course, I do the same thing to guys I like. Not that extreme, but I do look at their profile way too often.

My friend wants to have a bumpersticker made that says, "I am a facebook wh*re."
[post="1284924"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hahaha...that'd be an awesome bumpersticker!

And I have had the facebook stalker thing. There was this guy who I didn't know who friended me (I friended him back, thinking that I might possibly know him and felt bad rejecting him). He then starts sending me IMs and stuff...it was kinda creepy.

the_alliance said:
i think it's cool, but i wouldnt say im addicted to it.
[post="1419500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Just wait until you actually get to school and start meeting new people...that's when it becomes addictive.

Jamison said:
Just wait until you actually get to school and start meeting new people...that's when it becomes addictive.
[post="1420029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well, what i meant was that i dont check it constantly but i know that people use it lots to find out bout parties and the lot.

im excited about Cal! GO BEARS! :cool:

the_alliance said:
well, what i meant was that i dont check it constantly but i know that people use it lots to find out bout parties and the lot.

im excited about Cal! GO BEARS! :cool:
[post="1421860"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Like I said, once you actually get started, it gets much more addicting. I took a bit of a break over the summer, but once I move in (later on today) and update my schedule and all of that good stuff, I know I'll be on there constantly.

Jamison said:
Like I said, once you actually get started, it gets much more addicting.  I took a bit of a break over the summer, but once I move in (later on today) and update my schedule and all of that good stuff, I know I'll be on there constantly.
[post="1458885"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
lol, you were so right! :lol: i check facebook like 5 times a day now. and i depend on facebook to remember everybody's names. it's like if you dont exist on facebook, you dont exist.

yendys47 said:
Has anyone heard of Sconex? Sorta like the HS version of a facebook.
[post="1487303"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Never heard of it, but Facebook now does high school too ^_^

ooo i saw this in a friends buddy profile on AIM lol. i went to try n sign up but some reason it didnt work. i didnt try too hard though...i mite try again now! heh...

AliasALIAS said:
[post="1487355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ugh! dont remind me...

i started a facebook club called College Facebook is Way better than high school facebook...you know it. and i started one on my high school facebook.

i think it's silly that this college privilege is extended to high school students. to quote my friend "go back to myspace!"

Facebook is catching on! :D

the_alliance said:
lol, you were so right!  :lol: i check facebook like 5 times a day now. and i depend on facebook to remember everybody's names. it's like if you dont exist on facebook, you dont exist.
[post="1487251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I told you!! I knew that once you got into the school thing you'd be hopelessly addicted. ^_^ It's so silly.

AliasALIAS said:
[post="1487355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*sigh* That bothers me. It was supposed to be this special thing just for college kids. Eh, what can I say I enjoy things that I can have that my sister couldn't yet :P

Moonlite Star said:
ooo i saw this in a friends buddy profile on AIM lol. i went to try n sign up but some reason it didnt work. i didnt try too hard though...i mite try again now! heh...
[post="1487582"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Depends on if your school is in their network yet. Most colleges are up now (not all though). And they are in the beginning phases of high school, so that'll take some time.

AliasALIAS said:
I check Facebook all the time, even though not much goes on :lol:
[post="1488522"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol...I know how that is. I check it multiple times daily as if I expect something to change drastically. :lol:

oh yes--facebook!

it's it really an "addiction" if you only check once a day??...alright, two or three times a day? ..i guess so

yep--facebook is cool

and all of us college students HATE highschool facebook. the only good thing right now is that all highschool kids are like "facebook? what's that?" so maybe it will die...

()aliasyeah() said:
oh yes--facebook!

it's it really an "addiction" if you only check once a day??...alright, two or three times a day?  ..i guess so

yep--facebook is cool

and all of us college students HATE highschool facebook.  the only good thing right now is that all highschool kids are like "facebook?  what's that?"  so maybe it will die...
[post="1489918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Agreed! Highschoolers are supposed to use myspace...not facebook!

i adore facebook. i love joining groups and "friending" people. when people "friend" me, it makes my day. facebook is the greatest

I love getting an e-mail in my inbox that says that I have been "friended"! It makes me feel loved.

And I'm a group junkie...I'm a member of a ton of them.

Back