Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

The Favorite Author Thread

Discussion in 'Books' started by Tom, Mar 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

2. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

3. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Ensign

1-kevin j. anderson
    2-peter david
    3-bob mayer (with aliases: robert doherty & greg donegan)
    4-lawrence watt-evans
    etc.. etc...

4. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I think I may ave read one or two of the 'Hope' books on the ship in the 80's. I read a whole bunch of an engineman's paperbacks. He pushed so many SciFi books at me I thought I was drowning! I miss it!

5. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I haven't even heard of any of these! Now I feel like I've been left out. I gotta google them out and see what they wrote. Thanx for sharing SciFiChick! I love new things and you just gave me some stuff to find out about!
    :worthy:

6. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

7. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Ensign

yep, anderson also helps co-write the newer (not-as-good) Dune books. and he writes a lot of movie novelizations.. but his original works are excellent too.

peter david writes movie novelizations too (spider-man movies are a couple), star trek books, and original novels as well.

bob mayer/robert doherty for "Area 51" series/greg donegan for "Atlantis" series ... he's a military man that writes scifi/action books that seem like you're watching a movie.

lawrence watt-evans writes humorous fantasy.