The First Circle

Ophelia

Cadet
"The First Circle" is a terrific Canadian production from 1991 based on a novel by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. It's about a minimum-security prison in the Soviet Gulag during Stalin's tenure. VG is one of the prisoners, a Russian Jew by the name of Lev Rubin, and he has some memorable moments. And now I'm reading the novel. Thank God for amazon.com! :smiley:

Has anyone else seen it or read the novel?

I really liked this movie. I didn't think I would as Victor has facial hair and well I don't like it on anyone but.... I fell :love:

He wears a white sweater alot, has glasses and a beard. I forgot it was prison because I became so entralled with the character interaction.

There is one scene that made me teary it is so powerful.

This definitly made me realise how wonderful an actor Victor is :D

i did see it and tape it. well, technically i saw it. it aired during my final exams last year so i only had time to tape it and jump to all the victor bits. i still haven't gotten around to watching the whole thing yet. someday soon i hope :D
Barbara

I know I don't have to tell those who saw this movie but her was brillant in it.
He also got nominated as best supporting actor, but as usual, he didn't win.

I didn't know that Victor was nominated for First Circle. I am not surprised that he didn't win. I honestly don't know what voters are looking for when they vote.

Back