The Flour Moth

You get to be Team if you are an official site contributor like a columnist, news poster, etc. I am Team because I post news for other Alias fans to read. I don't think there are any open Team positions right now, but keep checking the main page.

Irina Bristow said:
vh that was absolutely brilliant . . . You had me in tears, which is a very hard thing to accomplish (I hardly cry) . . . I hope you this some what incourages you to write more character analysises
:blush:
Wow, thanks.

Actually, I'm trying to get back to some of my own stuff, now that I've got this story out of my head . . .
;)

Irina Bristow said:
analysises (not sure on the plural form)
Since you sort of ask (usually I don't volunteer spelling/grammar info), "analyses" is the plural of "analysis." Another item for your list of things that you probably didn't really want to know . . . (but, hey, part of what I'm actually paid to do is edit).
;)

Yes, I did ask. Thank you, I usually would have taken the time to look it up but I was whipped out last night sorry -_- but thank you for answering my question with your grammatical expertise.
:D Won't my English teacher be excited when I find a way to add that into one of my papers ;)

Great!! (y) (y)

I usually don't read fics, but I made an exception for this, because I knew it would be good. And it definitely was! I've only read the first two posts, and I'm sure the rest will be great.

[In fact, it inspired me to write my own Spy Family prequel (coming soon). It's Irina's POV, but it may change later in the story.]

Great job ^_^

:smiley:

Thanks! I have to confess I don't usually read fics, either. :blush:

In this one I tried to link the alternating scenes together and some actually linked quite nicely (dinner/fight aftermath). Actually, I originally envisioned Jack's mission as having to go in and rescue Sydney while concealing his identity, but I think that the mission that I finally came up with worked out much better for the story because of its bitter--and more dramatic--quality. I don't know if anyone's actually interested in these details, but as a writer I find the process of writing fascinating (for example, it wasn't written beginning to end).
;)

(y) (y) (y)
You say you don't read fan fiction or, I believe, write fan fiction either. However, VH, THe Flour Moth was TERRIFIC.
:groupwave:
Occasionally I will read one if the title catches my eye or if it's someone whose previous work was good. One reason I don't like to read it, is that I might become disconsolate and never hit the computer again to write a story. Yours almost might keep me from doing it, BUT I have too many stories in my mind to stop.
Your wordsmithing is really A+. You do have talent for storytelling. I don't know how many times you re-wrote or edited, but I'm betting the analyst in you made you go over it more than once.
I'm fortunate in that I have an analyst friend who is my "editor". Goes over my stories with a fine-tooth comb.

Thanks again for a really excellent well-thought out story. :D

WOW that was fantastic!!!!!
Your portral of Jack was so realistic I was nearly in tears.
You should definitely continue with fan fic
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Thanks guys! I haven't gotten a reply on this in a long time. This is encouraging!
:D

wow....that's pretty much all I can say...that was...incredible! I mean, screw the people who say people shouldn't be writing with so much description, that was just...wow...okay, I'm shutting my mouth and moving on now :smiley:

This will be on my summer reading list. I still haven't reached the 4th post. That's how slow I am.

But the parts I read way back, very good 👍

P.S. You should advertise it in your signature. The way I do it very subtly. :rolleyes:

AliasALIAS said:
P.S. You should advertise it in your signature. The way I do it very subtly. :rolleyes:
It is on my columns listing--maybe that's too subtle . . .
:rolleyes:

I just read this now, and it was really amazing. Your portrayal of Jack was amazing, and the plot line was extremely well thought out. Congrats on a brilliant fic!!! I loved it!!! This one had tears in my eyes, especially the part where Jack heard Syd crying in the next room. Very moving, and I loved it!

Okay. I guess I was a little slower than most people in getting to this. I usuallly spend my time writing fanfic rather than reading it, but I've made exceptions for your three pieces. They are absolutely *amazing*! I must ask. Do you write for a living? Because you really could.

(y) (y) (y)

Great job!

AllTheBest said:
Do you write for a living? Because you really could.
I'd like to. But what am I doing with my spare time? Working on fan fic instead of "real" fiction.
:lol:

;) Well thats Ok that your writing fan fiction instead of real fiction because I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say that you are a very talented writer and I for one am glad that you spend your time (and talent) writing here and letting us read it!

Well said Irina Derevko...hehehe...thats kinda funny...but this stuff really is great, and I'm glad we can read it all on AA, although if she did publish a book, I'd be first in line to read it... ;) :D

Back