Sci-Fi Forbidden Planet (1956)

Remember Leslie Nielson's black hair? Remember Robby the robot creating booze for the Irish cook? Fascinated by the Krell's underground city, boy I was, then this is the thread for you! Collectables? Books?, Maybe a new film in the works? One featuring the Krell before humans landed there. Maybe when the good evil doctor landed there and what really happened to his crew? Chime in sci-fi brothers!
x31Pvgz1h7TCRkuXxHpiDkD9LKt.jpg
Annex%20-%20Francis,%20Anne%20%28Forbidden%20Planet%29_01.jpg
forbiddenplanet11124.jpg
th
Forbidden%2BPlanet.png

The Krell had a incredible civilization, but they let their ID get the better of them and wipe themselves out. So it proves that despite all their greatness, they were just as imperfect as us poor stupid humans.

The Krell had a incredible civilization, but they let their ID get the better of them and wipe themselves out. So it proves that despite all their greatness, they were just as imperfect as us poor stupid humans.
I wonder what those Kell looked like, and I would have loved to see a series just about them, maybe ending with the good Dr. Morbeius arrival?

Well remember the good said they ha a large head and wide bodies (door way shape) but closer to human. It was clear they came to Earth and captured animals from our planet and brought some back there. They must of brought other creatures from others worlds too that we just didn't see. They had to eat something to survive all that time.

Well remember the good said they ha a large head and wide bodies (door way shape) but closer to human. It was clear they came to Earth and captured animals from our planet and brought some back there. They must of brought other creatures from others worlds too that we just didn't see. They had to eat something to survive all that time.
krell-door.jpg
dougal%2Bkrell.jpg
th
tumblr_m5z64lFfmD1ro0ixho1_500.jpg
6760f310630863.560e81bb01f2d.png
<<<I found some cool clips, yeup, I agree, the film did show the doorways, but I will keep my eyes peeled for a remake...

Forbidden Planet is one of our all time favorite movies and had a part in shaping my love for science fiction, especially space adventures. Randy really liked Anne Francis particularly as Honey West.

Forbidden Planet is one of our all time favorite movies and had a part in shaping my love for science fiction, especially space adventures. Randy really liked Anne Francis particularly as Honey West.
Something about that film, just plain ol' good writing, acting, and great sfx! Je ne sais quoi......

New Line Cinema had developed a remake with James Cameron, Nelson Gidding and Stirling Silliphant involved at different points. In 2007 DreamWorks set up the project with David Twohy set to direct. Warner Bros. re-acquired the rights the following year and on October 31, 2008, J. Michael Straczynski was announced as writing a remake, Joel Silver was to produce.[36] Straczynski explained that the original had been his favorite science fiction film, and it gave Silver an idea for the new film that makes it "not a remake", "not a reimagining", and "not exactly a prequel". His vision for the film would not be retro, because when the original was made it was meant to be futuristic. Straczynski met with people working in astrophysics, planetary geology, and artificial intelligence to reinterpret the Krell back-story as a film trilogy.[37] In March 2009 Straczynski reported that the project was abandoned, and that a new script was requested. ~ wiki

Forbidden Planet
Sci-Fi |See all in-development titles on IMDbPro

Forbidden Planet
(Forbidden Planet)
A movie directed by
20?? - Color - NC - (in development)

If a remake actually gets done...I seriously want to see it

You guys are making me yearn for a Forbidden Planet viewing; it's been some time since I've watched the whole thing last. {OK, Netflix has it on DVD only... added to queue.}.

And, please, not Cruise. I can handle him in some roles, like the Jack Reacher movies, but for the most part his monotone dialog just grates my nerves after awhile. Some movies, like Edge of Tomorrow, keep me entertained strictly due to the story line, not his acting.

I'm in the process of posting the complete screenplay for Forbidden Planet on All Sci-Fi at the link below. It's available on archive.org, and I've downloaded all 111 pages so I can improve the clarity by increasing the contrast of the text.

Just for fun, I'm placing screenshots from the movie between some of the pages, showing the scenes which the pages of the script pertain too. Here's a sample below.

By the way, you can click on each page and zoom in on a 2,550 pixel version that's much easier to read. And boy oh boy, wait until you see how DIFFERENT many of the scenes and the dialogue are from the final version of the film! It's amazing. :cool:

sVvj3xp.png

PkpaIf9.jpg.png
Mf7tbSA.png

enQivpu.jpg.png
hvFhhBz.png

If you'd like to join All Sci-Fi, use the registration password "gort".

Last edited:
So what's the word on a remake/reboot, is something still happening or did it never get past a studios idea stage?