The future of gaming?

A buddy of mine built a wearable monitor into a pair of modified welding goggles. This was in 1999. Excellent quality on the screens, great resolution, and didn't tire the eyes. I never got around to making a pair myself, but I could probably replicate the design still.

I honestly don't know why things like this have been so slow in development.

~Dune Walker~

Ralanost

Cadet
For me, yes and no. Looks like fun, but no matter how much I am familiar with the keyboard, doing shift or cntrl + any F key means half the time I have to check my fingers.

Kuzzle

Cadet
For me, yes and no. Looks like fun, but no matter how much I am familiar with the keyboard, doing shift or cntrl + any F key means half the time I have to check my fingers.
Same here, only... Well, I look when I type unless I've been typing in a single session for around an hour at high speeds, non-stop. :(2

Ainilome

Scout
Keyboarding class, the only useful thing I learned in high school. I can still touch type at about 80 wpm. All the RPing helps as well :P

Vahsyl

Cadet
VR headsets usually allow for you to glance down without moving your head and see what's beneath you easy though.

Ralanost

Cadet
$400 for a novelty and looking like a complete geek, no thanks. Might be fun and useful, but just not enough for me for that price.

Ainilome

Scout
There's cheaper ones, I've seen them for $99 before. But you get what you pay for :)

Ainilome

Scout
Ah Virtual Boy... I once played Mario Tennis for three hours on one of those and had such a brutal headache afterwards XD

And what quote?

HJ-Onilink

Cadet
That link was floating around .hack official forum a couple months back. If the headset does what I want it to do, within reason, then I'd buy it. Other then that, it's a waste.

Top Bottom