The George Bush club

Sarkie47 said:
Ahhh! Finally! A Bush appreciation thread! I can't stand the way people are all bashing Bush lately! There's these 3 kids I know and they refuse to stand and say the pledge cuz they're anti-war and anti-Bush...I find that unbelievably disrespectful. And they call themselves American. I just find what they are doing so offensive especially because my uncle is in the navy and one teacher I used to have is over in Iraq. Sorry for that rant...I just can't take it any more!!!
Amen!!

totally4alias10 said:
Sarah said:
totally4alias10 said:
I'm a bush fan!! After Sept. 11 he helped our country recover. He is a caring presisdent. Oh, and I love the idea of tax cuts!!

I think we need to go to war. It is the only awnser to peace. I say KILL THEM ALL!!!
Saddum is a CRAZY man. And he needs to be stopped!!

God Bless Bush and America!!!!!!!  :godblessamerica:
I totally agree with you!! 100%!!
Thanks!! Now someone agrees with me!! ( I know this is late! ) :P
Yes i agree totally.
Kill Saddam.
re-elect Bush.

AliasHombre said:
totally4alias10 said:
Sarah said:
totally4alias10 said:
I'm a bush fan!! After Sept. 11 he helped our country recover. He is a caring presisdent. Oh, and I love the idea of tax cuts!!

I think we need to go to war. It is the only awnser to peace. I say KILL THEM ALL!!!
Saddum is a CRAZY man. And he needs to be stopped!!

God Bless Bush and America!!!!!!!  :godblessamerica:
I totally agree with you!! 100%!!
Thanks!! Now someone agrees with me!! ( I know this is late! ) :P
Yes i agree totally.
Kill Saddam.
re-elect Bush.
yay!! Another person!!

I am one of 5 people that stand up for the pledge in our class. out of 31 students. even theteacher wont...she stands, but she wont look at the flag...she puts her head down. And a bunch of teachers in my school are war veterans! its so sad to see that happening! Why don't you all just move to Iraq or something!! See how you like it over there! Then you'll see if you appreciate America!! They probably don't think about this...but they are so incredibly lucky that they can make fun of Bush as much as they want...even on national TV...in some countries theyd get shot for that...

I am one of 5 people that stand up for the pledge in our class. out of 31 students. even theteacher wont...she stands, but she wont look at the flag...she puts her head down. And a bunch of teachers in my school are war veterans! its so sad to see that happening! Why don't you all just move to Iraq or something!! See how you like it over there! Then you'll see if you appreciate America!! They probably don't think about this...but they are so incredibly lucky that they can make fun of Bush as much as they want...even on national TV...in some countries theyd get shot for that...

That last bit is true... Imagine how many people would die if "That's Our Bush" (or whatever that ridiculous comedy central spoof is) ran in another country and it was like... "That's Our Saddam" or something. I can't say that I'm a big Bush fan, but at least he has a sense of humor.

But just because you don't stand up for the pledge doesn't mean that you're not patriotic. Patriotism is pretty subjective. It can be shown in many different ways. I don't think that you should have to say a pledge to your country every day... 'cause really, they're only words. Some people take it to heart... but some don't. I mean, when I was in elem. school, I had to say it every day. And I grew up in a very agnostic household, so I was always confused by the "god" part. And even when I was that young, I was thinking, "but what about african americans and the rest of us who aren't white?" when I said the "... and justice for all" part. I don't know. So I guess what I'm trying to say, without being negative in any way, is that just because people won't say the pledge doesn't mean that they should be deported from the US. Like you said, Americans are lucky because they have freedom to make fun of someone in as high a position as Bush... so they should also have freedom whether to say the pledge or not.

I never said they should say the pledge...I said people whould stand up...I can totally understand people not saying it...but couldnt they stand up to show respect...especially for the war veterans in our school...i mean...standing up isnt too much to ask is it??

standing up isnt too much to ask is it??

I see... I misunderstood you there. That's a good point. I don't think standing up is very much of a big deal at all. I mean, at like every sporting event ever, everyone stands up for the singing of the national anthem... doesn't matter if you sing or not (for whatever reason), you always at least stand. And take off your hat.

lol yes! and take off your hat loL!...did you see that game on tv where a girl turned her back on the flag during the national anthem...ooo that made me mad lol

did you see that game on tv where a girl turned her back on the flag during the national anthem...ooo that made me mad lol

No, I didn't, but that's interesting. She wasn't facing another flag, was she? One time, some guy I know refused to take off his hat during the singing of the national anthem... I think he was having a bad hair day or something... so a teacher reached over and snatched it off. It was pretty funny.

I remember, at my old high school, the new stadium was built weird, so everyone on the home stands had to turn around to face the flag. People decided that would be unsafe (kids tumbling down bleachers backwards and so forth), so everyone just started facing center field, which meant, of course, that we all had our backs to the flag.

Existentialist said:
I remember, at my old high school, the new stadium was built weird, so everyone on the home stands had to turn around to face the flag. People decided that would be unsafe (kids tumbling down bleachers backwards and so forth), so everyone just started facing center field, which meant, of course, that we all had our backs to the flag.
ohmygoodness. i'm sorry but once i had an image of kids tumbling down the bleachers backwards, i couldn't stop laughing. i know it's not funny, but i just couldn't help it.

sorry, that was random, but hey, this IS the random forum, isn't it? :D

okay, just to get on topic - when i was young, i honestly didn't know what the heck i was saying when i did the pledge of allegiance every morning. i just said it by rote morning after morning after morning. eventually, it just meant nothing to me. and i suspect it's like that for millions of other children too. i honestly don't believe that children know what they're saying or even WHY they're saying it. which is just sad; i think if you're going to make children do the pledge of allegiance every morning, they should at least be taught why they're doing what they're doing.

and as for the god part....well, that's a rather hot topic. i don't really feel like going into it because then i won't shut up. :D

SydB_JenG said:
We don't even do the pledge.

I remember I was taught what it meant...my teachers would go through it all the time...I thought all the schools did that.

It's a lw in our state to say the pledge of allegiance every morning...we didnt start doing it till end of last year when some kid found it in a law book or something...

One thing I'm not liking right now is how the media is using the terms "pro-war" and "pro-troops" interchangeably--a practice that distorts the views of anti-war demonstrators and contributes to the media marginalization of the peace movement. A lot of people who are anti-war right now are pro-troops as well...its not fair to say that they aren't

Back