The Gold Rush of 1849

Some backstory:
In acting class we were asked to put together a scene to demonstrate the stage fighting techniques we have learned. My partner and I, of course, picked a very odd situation. It's August 1849 and we are gold miners in California. To make a long story short, my partner steals my gold and we have a fight.

My question is: what type of accents, if any, would be appropiate in such a setting? I tried doing some research, but my searching has failed.

Any and all help is immensely appreciated. However, the sooner you can respond, the better because our scene is due on Monday, September 4th.

you could either go with english accents or spanish...most of california was found my the spanish, but I think the english were the ones who found the gold, at least that's what I remember from a paper I did on California (6 years ago). so you could do it with a spanish person finding gold and the english person stealing it...or visa versa. ;)

you could either go with english accents or spanish...most of california was found my the spanish, but I think the english were the ones who found the gold, at least that's what I remember from a paper I did on California (6 years ago). so you could do it with a spanish person finding gold and the english person stealing it...or visa versa. ;)
Thank you :D

Back