The Goo Goo Dolls

All I can say is I've heard that one song of theirs on the local alternative station in saturation mode for years and I'm so fed up with it that I hate them forever (I switch the channel whenever it comes on)! But it's really the station's fault for overplaying it. And I actually kinda liked it in the beginning. I guess that's what's wrong with radio stations today . . . playlists as long as your finger.
;)

I like them...LOL...especially the lead singer..;) But their music is good, though I would never be able to tell you the song titles!

I am personally in love with their music. None of my friends like it, but I did convert my grandma to it last year! lol! Of course she watches Alias so I knew she was cool! lol! Yes, John (the lead singer) is awesome! I love his voice and all the lyrics to the songs are awesome too! They're so powerful and deep! I just bought Dizzy Up The Girl (I was envious of my grandma's coopy! lol!) and I listened to it for like 7 hours straight! I love it!

My favorite's of theirs are Iris, Dizzy, Slide, Broadway, Black Balloon, Acoustic #3, Here is Gone, American Girl....ok, so I like them all! lol! can't help it, they're just awesome!

I love the Goo Goo Dolls. Their songs bring back some great memories from high school . . . those were fun times! I get so excited when I hear one of their music on the raido because they also remind me of good times with my brother. He's serving a mission for our church in New Zealand and he'll be gone for 2 years, and I miss him like crazy. Hearing Iris or Slide or Black Balloon, whatever, always makes me smile.

Last summer, I swear everytime I got in the car to come home from somewhere I would hear at least part of Iris. I thought it was hilarious! Usually I get annoyed when they overplay songs, but in this case it was a good thing!

yeah, they played it a lot last year, it's been a while since they've had a big hit, or at least since Here Is Gone came out, so they might have another coming shortly! Or let's hope...

I LOVE the Goo's!
Have loved them for many years, but only just got to see them play live for the first time last year (i'm in Australia). They were so fantastic! And such sweet guys.
Definately good! Although i can understand why Iris could be annoying, even a lot of Goo fans are sick to death of that song on the radio! :rolleyes:

Goo goo dolls kick ass, very good band, i wish i could see em live :( iris is still a good song, radio stations play everything to death

candywiccan said:
I LOVE the Goo's!
Have loved them for many years, but only just got to see them play live for the first time last year (i'm in Australia). They were so fantastic! And such sweet guys.
Definately good! Although i can understand why Iris could be annoying, even a lot of Goo fans are sick to death of that song on the radio! :rolleyes:
OMG! I"m sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous, you have no idea!!!!! My friends will tell you I am obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! You're sooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!

and nope, Iris never wears out!!!!!!!!!! I still love it!!!! And I love when John Rzenick sings "I'm still Here" it comes on the radio once in a blue moon and I love it!

Aliasgirl47 said:
candywiccan said:
I LOVE the Goo's!
Definately good! Although i can understand why Iris could be annoying, even a lot of Goo fans are sick to death of that song on the radio!  :rolleyes:
OMG! I"m sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous, you have no idea!!!!! My friends will tell you I am obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! You're sooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!

and nope, Iris never wears out!!!!!!!!!! I still love it!!!! And I love when John Rzenick sings "I'm still Here" it comes on the radio once in a blue moon and I love it!
Oh i love them too! They were really great live, Adelaide (where i love) was the best as we were right on the front barrier (it was a festival) and then Melbourne (city we travelled to) was great too but John admitted he was hung over as they drink far too much Aussie beer when they are here! But it was still an excellent show (y)
:D

quietgirl27012 said:
love the goo goo dolls since dizzy up the girl in 98.
yep, I think Dizzy Up The Girl was their best album, but I'm still trying to get them all! I almost bought Hold Me Up a few weeks ago but I decided against this because I was low on cash but what I think is odd is that I have only seen one copy of Jed ever and it was at walmart! lol! I should have got it because some lucky person bought it and I can't find it anywhere else!

TephieD said:
My favorite songs from the goo goo dolls would probably be Iris and Sympathy. Love 'em both. :smiley:
Iris rocks as I have said before and I love Sympathy from Gutterflower. But also from that CD I love Big Machine and What a Scene the most

Back