The Graduate

I decided to start a topic on this classic movie since hearing that Anne Bancroft, the actress who plays Mrs. Robinson, just died today of cancer at the age of 73. This is the movie that (rightfully) made Dustin Hoffman a movie star and is one of the best movies of all time and the oldest movie in my DVD collection. Richard Dreyfuss has a one-scene role in this movie. RIP Mrs. Robinson. :rip: :(

sidenote: the church scene at the end (where Hoffman's character,Ben, screams repeatedly, "Elaine!") is just west of where I grew up (Claremont,CA) in La Verne,CA and I've been inside the church building before.

Wow, I can't believe Mrs. Robinson is dead. :( This movie is seriously amazing -- a must-have for movie lovers. Dustin Hoffman is pure genius. I also LOVE the use of the 70's style (duh, made in the 70s :lol:smiley:... it's just perfectly done. I've sen 70's movies that didn't make good use of the typical style, but this one is a paradigm.

You're KIDDING about the church!!! LUCKY! Best part of the movie, hands down (imo anywa ;)). Guh. Now I want to watch it again...

Leslie said:
You're KIDDING about the church!!! LUCKY! Best part of the movie, hands down (imo anywa ;)). Guh. Now I want to watch it again...
[post="1373693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My half-sister went to nursery school there almost a decade ago. It's also across from Bonita High School where my high school team (Claremont Wolfpack) would play their home football games since they didn't have a football field until fall 2002 just 3 years after I graduated (no pun intended) there, 1999.