"The Guys Thread" - How many Alias fans are male?

Itz the MT Posted Yesterday, 01:51 AM
  heej, I am male but don't watch Alias.. where do I belong?

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>You don't watch Alias??? I dunno I find that strange, so er why this forum then and not any normal/ non-themed ones??? (out of interest)</span>

(xinli11 @ Sep 25 2004, 04:08 AM)
Has it only been a month? !! I feel like I've been here forever.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Yeah I feel like I've been here for years too! ^_^ </span>

Oh, and by the way to the girls posting here, you can post, I didn't say this had to be a "guys-only" thread... or if I did (maybe I did, I just don't remember), whatever, just post however many times you wanna post... it's all good!

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I'm glad someone said it, cos I felt like I shouldn't post here or something

So why do guys watch Alias??? Is it for the missions and gadgety stuff, cos I can't imagine it'd be for S/V, though it'd be funny if it was :lol:
</span>

I really don't watch it beacuse of onlyS7V thing but I like it. I think if Alias wouldn't consist S7V relationship it would'nt be Alias. Yes' I like the action and I like that gadgets and technolegy but I also like S/V love-story. ;)

Sabella said:
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>You don't watch Alias??? I dunno I find that strange, so er why this forum then and not any normal/ non-themed ones??? (out of interest)</span>
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Yeah I feel like I've been here for years too!  ^_^ </span>
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I'm glad someone said it, cos I felt like I shouldn't post here or something

So why do guys watch Alias??? Is it for the missions and gadgety stuff, cos I can't imagine it'd be for S/V, though it'd be funny if it was  :lol:
</span>
[post="1011637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I like the S/V story, but only because it is a part of the larger Alias universe. See alias isn't about just one thing. It's really the interaction of all the storylines and backdrops that make it interesting. If it were just S/V, then I probably wouldn't watch it. But if it were just a spy/action/gadget parade, I wouldn't watch it either. It's hard to explain, but in the case of Alias, the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.

SpyDude Posted Today, 12:14 PM
  I really don't watch it beacuse of onlyS7V thing but I like it. I think if Alias wouldn't consist S7V relationship it would'nt be Alias. Yes' I like the action and I like that gadgets and technolegy but I also like S/V love-story. 

xinli11 Posted Today, 12:49 PM
I like the S/V story, but only because it is a part of the larger Alias universe. See alias isn't about just one thing. It's really the interaction of all the storylines and backdrops that make it interesting. If it were just S/V, then I probably wouldn't watch it. But if it were just a spy/action/gadget parade, I wouldn't watch it either. It's hard to explain, but in the case of Alias, the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I'm glad that guys don't watch it just for the spying and action but your actually into the relationships as well as us girls, that cool ^_^ </span>

xinli11 said:
Has it only been a month? !! I feel like I've been here forever.
[post="1008322"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

36 posts a day?!??! Whoa! Dude... you've got Aliasitis or something!

Well, I'm addicted to Alias too... whatever.

ivand67 said:
36 posts a day?!??! Whoa! Dude... you've got Aliasitis or something!

Well, I'm addicted to Alias too... whatever.
[post="1012338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

At one point, it use to be like 50 posts a day. But I've been busy. Like I said, I need to resume my original pace.

xinli11 said:
At one point, it use to be like 50 posts a day.  But I've been busy.  Like I said, I need to resume my original pace.
[post="1012393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I use to average around 80 posts a day last summer.

SecretAgentMan said:
I use to average around 80 posts a day last summer.
[post="1012397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's impressive. I don't think I ever pulled that off. There was one day where I came close to making 100 posts. But then the clock ticked past 24 and my posts for that day dropped...

And I make it a rule not to make stupid posts just for the numbers. And after 3 am, the respones slow down, so there's less reason to post stuff.

xinli11 said:
That's impressive.  I don't think I ever pulled that off.  There was one day where I came close to making 100 posts.  But then the clock ticked past 24 and my posts for that day dropped...

And I make it a rule not to make stupid posts just for the numbers.  And after 3 am, the respones slow down, so there's less reason to post stuff.
[post="1012408"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

back in the old days (by old I mean last summer) the Members Lounge was hot. We would go through two randoms in one day sometimes. There were so many people online and tons of posts to reply to. Things slowed down at the end of 2003.

SecretAgentMan said:
back in the old days (by old I mean last summer) the Members Lounge was hot.  We would go through two randoms in one day sometimes.  There were so many people online and tons of posts to reply to.  Things slowed down at the end of 2003.
[post="1012410"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ok, this may sound stupid, as I am sure it is, but I still don't know how the Randoms actually work. What does it mean to go through two randoms, and why do the randoms have a number attached to them?

xinli11 said:
Ok, this may sound stupid, as I am sure it is, but I still don't know how the Randoms actually work.  What does it mean to go through two randoms, and why do the randoms have a number attached to them?
[post="1012416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

randoms are there to discuss anything you want. That's the best place to chat with other members. The current random is #237 because that's the 237th random created here.

Here. I joined at the beginning of 04 so I must have missed the red hot time.

Back when the countdown thread was around, posting was really high too.

Back