The Halliwell Destiny

Previously on Charmed...

Piper, Phoebe, and Paige are not normal sisters with normal lives. In the magical world, they are known as the Halliwell sisters. More importantly, they are the Charmed Ones, descendants and inheritants of a long line of the most powerful matriarchical witches. These three preserve the balance between good and evil. Living together at the Halliwell Manor in San Francisco, they have experienced much in both their magical and personal lives. Piper, now the eldest since her older sister died, married Leo, who happens to have been the Halliwell's whitelighter (guardian angel). They became parents of a son named Wyatt and recently another son named Chris. However, Piper and Leo had separated when Leo was promoted to become an Elder (the whitelighters' boss). Phoebe is now looking for a new love after dating quite a few men since her husband Cole (the Source of All Evil) was vanquished. Unlike Phoebe, Paige currently has had a boyfriend for a little over a year named Danny. Although he is an alien, he looks exactly like a human. He has helped the sisters vanquish a demon who was trying to turn baby Wyatt evil and is currently searching for his birth parents. Unlike Piper, who owns a club called P3, and Phoebe, who is an advice columnist for the Bay Mirror, Paige is currently unemployed. Soon, however, that may change. The principal of a magic school has asked Paige to work as a teacher's assistant in the fall. However, that would require her to live at school and therefore hinder the Power of Three. On top of that, another club has opened down the street from P3 and has taken away their business. How will the sisters manage their personal lives while fighting off demons that are bound to attack them?

I am the son, I am the heir. I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else. See, I've already waited too long and all my hope is gone.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 2</span>

[Greece]

Paige and Danny orbed onto a grassy cliff overlooking a body of water. They looked to the west and saw the sun closing in on the horizon. "Is this where we're supposed to be?" Paige asked still looking around.

Danny turned so that his back faced the sun and replied, "Yes, this is the right place."

"How do you know?" Paige turned to look in the direction Danny was looking.

Danny pointed to the tallest mountain peak directly ahead and said, "Mount Parnassos, the Oracle is located on that mountain." He looked down at his watch. "10:30 AM...wait, that's still San Francisco time." Danny stuck out his fingers and counted. "7:30 PM is the time here, which means we should find a place for the night."

"We're in the middle of nowhere," Paige said. "Where the heck are we gonna find a place to sleep?"

"There's an abandoned farmhouse just beyond that ridge," Danny said pointing in the direction of the mountain. Paige, trusting that Danny knew what he was talking about, followed Danny as he started walking in that direction.

[P3]

Phoebe arrived at the club an hour before it opened to make sure things were going well. With Piper taking care of Chris and Wyatt at home for the next couple weeks and Paige gone, it was up to Phoebe to pull their weights at the club.

"Are you the owner of the club?" a young man asked. He looked like he was in college and Phoebe wasn't quite sure how he got in.

"We're not open yet," Phoebe replied instinctively.

"Oh, no," the young man said, cracking a smile. "I'm not a customer, I'm part of the band; we talked earlier on the phone."

Phoebe looked down and smiled embarassingly. "I'm so sorry. I just thought that..."

"Don't worry about it," he said. He looked over at the stage where his band had already set up. "My name's Dave, in case you forgot."

"Nice to meet you in person," Phoebe said. "I'm Phoebe." She walked behind the bar to check if everything was set there. She saw a glass that was a bit dirty and removed it from the shelf. Suddenly, her fingers slipped and the glass she was holding shattered on the floor. "Shoot!"

"Need help back there?" Dave asked, hoping Phoebe wouldn't cut herself.

"No, I'm fine," she said bending down to clean up the glass shards. "Just a bit stressed."

"Really? Would've never noticed," Dave said sarcastically as he made his way behind the bar. "Why so stressed?"

"Just life in general," Phoebe asked. "My sister, Piper, just had a baby so i have to help her out at the club. Then I find out that this other club opened down the street and is taking business away. On top of that, my other sister Paige went on some trip, and that isn't good for the Cha---". Phoebe caught herself right before she revealed her sisters' and her secret. "---nce to ask her for help around here." She began picking up the pieces more carelessly, trying to sense whether or not Dave picked up on her near blunder. Then she looked up at him, because she sensed something else.

"What?" Dave asked innocently. He had stopped cleaning as well.

"Nothing," Phoebe said. "I just thought that you..."

At that moment, a few other people walked in. "Dave, are you in here?" a female voice asked.

Dave looked at Phoebe a moment longer and yelled back, "Yeah, I'm behind the bar." He stood up and saw that the other three members of his band were here. "Guys, I want you to meet Phoebe. She runs this joint." He turned to Phoebe. "Phoebe, this is the rest of my band, Shane, Josh, and Jen." Shane and Josh were both taller than Dave was, but then again, Dave didn't set much of a standard in height. One thing the guys had in common was their unkempt hair. Jen, on the other hand, didn't look at all like she'd be in a band with three other guys. Her straight hair was organized but seemed like it wanted to scream wildness when the music started.

[Greece]

Paige was awoken by the sunlight sneaking through the walls of the farmhouse. She turned to her left, but Danny wasn't there. She sat up and looked around the farmhouse, thinking that maybe he'd be there, but surprisingly he wasn't in the farmhouse at all. She decided to get dressed and look outside. She headed toward the makeshift door that Danny made last night to keep animals out and opened it. When she stepped outside, she was taken aback by what she saw. The sky was spotted with clouds that she would have loved to jump into. The fresh breeze blew in from the water and made the grass tickle her bare ankles. For a moment, Paige wished that she never had to leave this place. In the sky, she saw something moving and as it approached her, she could tell who it was. He landed next to her and she said, "Good morning."

"It most certainly is," Danny said. "I couldn't help myself. When I awoke this morning, it seemed that the sky was calling me. I didn't want to wake you, because you seemed a bit tired last night, so I let you sleep in."

She looked down at the beach and recalled what happened there last night and thought, "Who wouldn't be?" Instead, she simply smiled and said, "Well one of these days, I'll have to feel for myself what it's like to fly." She shrugged casually, thinking Danny would pick up on the hint she left him.

"Maybe," Danny said. "By the way, I've scoped out the place where we're supposed to go and the coast is clear, but there's a mining camp nearby, so we need to be careful."

After breakfast, Danny and Paige did not waste any time and headed straight for the mountain.

"You said you wanted to know how it feels to fly?" Danny asked. "We could try it now."

"Really?" Paige asked excitedly.

"Yeah, why not?" Danny answered. "It's not really hard, all you have to do is hold on tightly." Danny picked up Paige and she wrapped her arms around him. With a firm push off the ground, they were in the air. But before she realized, they started descending and soon Danny was on the ground again. He set Paige back on her feet and asked, "So, how was it?"

A bit shaken, Paige said, "It's not like it is in the movies. It's like I was being hurled down the highway except I was hundreds of feet off the ground."

Danny laughed, "That was nothing! I can fly MUCH faster than that."

Paige looked around and saw the ruins of something that probably was prominent during the Roman Empire. There was a column here and there and the ground was littered with giant boulder-like chunks of buildings. "So this is Apollo's temple?"

"Yeah," Danny sighed. "It doesn't look much different than when i last saw it. Since Chemehuevi said that I could find Apollo here, then I can; but how?"

"What if the actual temple is hidden from normal view?" Paige asked, thinking it sounded reasonable. "Chemehuevi said that you needed me to come with you, so maybe a bit of magic is involved in revealing it."

"That's not a bad idea," Danny said. "What kind of spell do you have in mind?"

"Good question," Paige said. "Let me think about it." Paige began composing a spell as Danny walked around the remnants of the temple. "I think I got it. Ok, here it goes:
Apollo's temple, hear my plea,
show yourself now to me.
Mend yourself to your rightful place,
let our vision now embrace.
"

Suddenly the ground began shaking and Paige and Danny were amazed at what stood before them.

[P3]

It must have been the early hours of Saturday morning as the band finished another great song. Phoebe sat in her usual booth, but this time, not accompanied by her sisters, Leo, or anybody else. Dave said into the microphone, "This last song is for all those who are glad the week's finally over and that you finally get a break from the hectic week." He looked at Phoebe and smiled. She also noticed that Jen had put down the bass she'd been rocking on tonight. Instead, she pulled up a stool in front of her microphone as Shane played the first notes to this quiet song on the keyboard. When Jen began to sing, Dave softly strummed the chords on his guitar as Josh added a nice background ambiance with the cymbals on his drums.

Before Phoebe knew it, the song was over and everyone cheered for the band.

"Thank you," Dave said enthusiastically. "You've all been great and in case you liked our music, we're selling our album in the back."

Over the next few minutes, the club emptied as the band began taking down their equipment. Phoebe approached Dave and said, "That was really great. I loved it."

"Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it," Dave said, pausing to look at Phoebe. "I thought you'd like this." Dave pulled out a CD and handed it to Phoebe.

"A copy of you album?" Phoebe asked. "I can't take this for free." She opened it and saw his autograph on the CD. "And it's signed, really, I can't take this without paying or something." Phoebe reached into her pocket for some money, but Dave placed his hands on hers.

"Check the insert," he said. Phoebe looked at the side facing her and saw something written on it.

"Call me," Phoebe read, "at this number. Maybe we could go out sometime."

"So will I be expecting a call?" Dave asked nervously.

"I have to give you points for being creative," Phoebe sighed. She didn't want Dave to know that she almost burst out with a "Yes". "Sure".

"They both smiled. "Excellent," Dave said. "Then I'll see you later."

[Greece]

The crumbling ruins were no more and in their place stood a magnificant frieze and roof supported by many towering columns. In front stood rows of steps that seemed to be made of white, polished marble.

"Ok then, let's go," Paige said and headed towards the stairs.

Danny's hand shot out and grabbed Paige's arm and she stopped.

"You can't just walk into the sacred space," Danny explained. "We have to be cleansed first. That is what the springs are for." He pointed to the right at the pool situated at the foot of the temple. He held Paige’s hand and together they headed toward the springs.

The water was so clear that the colored tiles at the bottom easily reflected the late morning sunlight. Paige dipped her toe in and the coldness of the water caused her to quickly remove her toes from the water. She couldn’t understand how Danny could get in the water so effortlessly.

“Paige,” Danny said from the inside the pool, “come on.”

Paige saw steps leading into the water from the other side of the springs. She stepped down on the first step and the water came halfway up her calves. The next step down and the water rose up her thighs. Soon she stepped onto the tiled floor to discover the water was quite shallow. She looked at Danny who was splashing the water onto himself, but there was something interesting about the way he did. It wasn’t like a little kid playing in the community pool. He was cleansing himself somewhat ritualistically.

Just as Paige was getting started, Danny pulled himself out of the pool and dried himself with a towel. “Wait a second,” Paige thought, “those towels weren’t there before.” She decided to follow Danny’s lead and got out to dry herself.

Danny wrapped the towel around his waist so it covered the bare necessities. “I saved the bigger towel for you,” he said to Paige as if reading her mind. She picked up the towel and wrapped it around her body. Danny now held a glass jar with some sort of yellowish liquid in it. He poured it on his body and the viscous liquid slowly dripped out of the jar. He rubbed it on himself until his body reflected the sun’s light. He handed the jar to Paige and said encouragingly, “It’s body oil, put some on.”

He then picked up what looked like a bedsheet from nowhere and wrapped it around his waist. The length of it covered his legs and touched his feet. The second sheet looked like the top of overalls. The straps met at the shoulders and he fastened them with round, medallion-like objects the size of his palms. On top of it all, somehow his coal black hair was now curled.

“You’d better get dressed,” Danny said.

Paige looked at herself still wrapped in the towel. “Right,” Paige said stupidly.

Danny and Paige walked into the temple, both looking like Greek deities.

“So where do we find the Oracle?” Paige asked looking around the lighted interior.

“There,” Danny said pointing ahead to a crack in the ground. Upon further examination, she saw wisps of vapor rising out of the cracks. As they walked closer, more and more vapor rose out. Soon the vapor was so thick that they couldn’t see past it. Suddenly, amidst the vapor appeared a person. She wore raggedy clothes and her silvery hair flowed past her feet. Her skin seemed to hang on her bones. Her eyes were closed and then she opened her small mouth to speak.

Surprisingly, her voice thundered through the temple in a language Paige did not understand. When the Oracle stopped, Danny addressed the Oracle in the same, foreign language. The Oracle responded with what Paige hoped to be the answer to Danny’s question about his parents. The next thing Paige noticed was that the Oracle was gone and the vapor was dying down.

“What did she say?” Paige asked Danny.

“I’ll tell you later,” Danny said looking elsewhere. “First, we should leave and return the temple to its original state.”

Once the two were a distance from the temple, Paige chanted:
Apollo’s temple heard my plea,
Hide yourself now from me.
Return to ruins in this place,
From our vision now erase
.”

In an instant, the temple looked as it did when Danny and Paige first found it. She looked at Danny and saw that he was once again wearing his normal clothes as she was.

Danny sighed, “As usual, the Oracle was vague. ‘Path is blocked with a knot, but in it don’t be caught. Unraveling is naught, use sword the Great had brought.’”

“What does that have anything to do with finding your parents?” Paige asked.

“It’s the third and fourth pieces to the end result,” Danny explained. “I have a total of nine tasks to complete. The first was to come to Earth, the second was to train myself in demonic attacks. Only after I complete the previous tasks can I advance to the next.”

“So the question now is still, what does that mean?” Paige asked.

The following chapter has been submitted in the 3rd Non-Alias Fanfic Contest. Thank you so much for reading my work.

In the underworld, there sits a dark fortress. Within the main chamber of the fortress is a demon, who is using her powers to unite the Underworld. However, she is also trying to recruit more demons right under the noses of the Charmed Ones.

[Halliwell Manor]
Chris and Wyatt are both sitting in high chairs eating their lunches. Piper spoons the baby food into Chris’s mouth as Wyatt feeds himself the peanut butter and jelly sandwich Piper made.

“Here comes the airplane,” Piper said taking the spoon full of mush and making it go in circles while making the sounds of a plane. “In it goes,” she said as she put the spoon in Chris’s mouth, “and out it comes.” She let out a sigh as Chris spat the food back out. “At least it’s on the bib and not the clothes.”

Wyatt began to whine and make a funny face while fidgeting in his chair. “Uh oh,” Piper said, knowing too well what that meant. She took Wyatt out of his chair and he dashed for the stairs. Then she picked up Chris and chased after Wyatt while wiping Chris’s chin so there was no food dripping.

Surely enough, when they reached the upstairs, Piper found Wyatt in the bathroom at his potty training toilet.

“Good job, Wyatt,” Piper said happily.

When Wyatt was finished, Piper took both of them to the nursery and put them down for a nap. She put the crystal in the doorway that activated the other crystals around the room. She headed downstairs and saw Phoebe, her younger sister, come through the front door. She seemed very happy.

“What are you smiling about?” Piper asked curiously.

“You’ll be happy too, once you hear it,” Phoebe said. “Ready?” Piper nodded. “P3 beat Hades in revenue last month!”

“You mean that club down the street?” Piper asked.

“Yeah, isn’t that great?” Phoebe asked.

“Of course!” Piper exclaimed happily. “Thanks so much for working the club the past few months, Phoebe; I couldn’t have raised Wyatt and Chris without your help.”

“No problem,” Phoebe said. “anything for my nephews. Here’s the mail.” Phoebe handed Piper a few envelopes. Piper looked through it and saw bills and bills. However, the last envelope was strange. It had no postage or return address and was written in a familiar handwriting. She opened it and read:

Dear Piper, Phoebe, and Paige,

You are cordially invited to join us at the Magic School for our 105th Annual Opening Banquet this Wednesday. Please arrive prior to the 6:00 PM departure of your flight from the airport. Directions have been enclosed. Dinner starts promptly at 7:00 PM. Please dress semi-formally. The school is honored to host the Charmed Ones once again.

Sincerely,
Mr. Leo Wyatt
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Principal</span>

“What the...” Piper asked, totally confused.

“What?” Phoebe asked. “Who is the letter from?” She took the letter from Piper and read it. “Leo’s the principal of the magic school, since when?”

“Your guess is as good as mine,” Piper said. All of a sudden, the door opened and Piper and Phoebe saw that it was Paige, their youngest sister. Having returned from Greece a couple weeks ago, Paige had just about settled back into her regular life.

“Danny all moved in?” Phoebe asked. Paige was helping her boyfriend, Danny, move into his new apartment all morning.

“Yeah,” Paige said. “It’s kind of ironic that last year, he lived half an hour south from here and then this year, when I’m moving out of town, he decides to move into town.”

“Oh, that’s right,” Piper said. “You’re going to be teaching at the magic school this year.”

“Speaking of the school,” Phoebe said handing Paige the invitation.

Paige read it and asked, “Leo as in our Leo? What ever happened to being an Elder?”

“That’s what we were wondering,” Phoebe said.

“Anyways, I’m off to go over the texts selected for the class this year,” Paige said heading upstairs.

Phoebe followed Paige, “I’m going to pick out what I’m going to wear tonight on my date with Dave; it’s our one month anniversary.”

“Well I’m gonna clean up in the kitchen and then nap while Wyatt and Chris nap,” Piper said as her sisters disappeared upstairs.

“Let’s go guys,” Piper called as she headed to the nursery. She looked down at the baby sitter whom she has called several times before to baby-sit Wyatt. “It’s my first time leaving Chris and I’m not sure I can, not saying that I think you can’t handle it or anything, it’s just that…”

“I know, separation anxiety,” the sitter said. “Don’t worry about a thing, dearie, I once babysat 13 gremlins, I can handle two kinds until you get back.”

“Thank you so much for helping me out,” Piper said.

“It’s my pleasure to be helping out the Charmed Ones,” the babysitter said. “Now, you just go to that dinner and don’t worry about us. Have fun, you deserve it!”

[Plane]
Piper looked out the window and saw nothing but the desert sand below. Phoebe and Paige were chatting with other teachers and students who were on the same flight.

“Dave?” Phoebe asked, not sure if she just hallucinated and saw her boyfriend. The man turned around and to Phoebe’s amazement, it was. “What are you doing here?”

“I teach here,” Dave replied.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” Phoebe asked.

“You never asked,” Dave said slyly.

An automated voice came on the overhead speakers and said, “Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to arrive at our destination. Please return to your seats, buckle up, and return your trays to its upright and locked position.” Immediately, people did as the instructions said. The plane began to descend and Piper saw at a distance, a patch of green. As they approached, she noticed that the oasis must have covered at least 30 square miles. Then she realized what she was the magic school.

The plane skidded to a stop and pulled up to the terminal at the school. The automated voice came on again and said, “We have now arrived at the Magic School. The outside temperature is 95°F. The local time is 6:29 PM. Thank you for flying with us and have an excellent school year.” Piper got up and filed off the plane with everyone else.

[Dining Hall]
The door to the dining hall flung open and all the students turned to look. The teachers processed in. Piper, Phoebe, and Paige were last, with the exception of Leo, who was at the end of the entire procession. As they walked up the aisle, students stared at them and whispered.

“I can’t believe I’m in the same room as the Charmed Ones!”

“Wow, she’s even hotter in reality.” That comment made Piper turn to look at where that comment came from, but decided to refrain from saying anything.

“I heard that one of them is teaching here this year.”

Finally, they approached the Staff table and were seated. Leo stood up and said, “Welcome back to another year at the Magic School. As some of you may know, Principal Chemehuevi has passed away this summer after being principal here for over 70 years. Let us take a moment of silence to remember this great principal, mentor, and person.” The hall fell silent for a few seconds. “On a lighter note, I am proud to introduce the Charmed Ones who have joined us today at our banquet.” Everyone applauded as Piper, Phoebe, and Paige stood up and smiled. Leo nodded to them to signal what they had discussed prior to the dinner.

“Thank you for inviting us,” Phoebe said to the people. “It is great to be here. Don’t worry, there’s not a long speech here. I know everyone is hungry, so let’s eat!”

Paige said, “Plates!” Suddenly, in front of the hundreds of students and staff, their dinners appeared in an orb of light. On the ceiling hung a huge orb-like object. Piper waved her hands and the whole thing exploded and the liquid inside neatly flowed into each person’s cup. Everyone “oo-ed” and “ahh-ed”. Leo smiled, knowing that his pre-dinner entertainment was a success.

After dinner, Paige said to Piper and Phoebe, “Do you guys have to go so soon?”

Piper replied, “Yeah, the babysitter is still at the house and Phoebe still has to work tomorrow.”

“Well, if you need me, I’m just an orb away,” Paige said.

“Yeah,” Phoebe said with a sigh. “Hug?” The three hugged for several seconds. “Well, have fun this year. Don’t forget to come visit on the weekends.”

“I won’t,” Paige said.

“Alright, just take care ok?” Piper asked.

“I’m just not going to be living at home, so stop treating me like I’m dying or something,” Paige said reassuringly.

“Ready to go?” Leo asked Piper and Phoebe. They held hands and orbed back to San Francisco leaving Paige by herself in the hall.

[Whitelighter Classroom]
The students filed into the classroom and took a seat. There must have been at least 40 students, each a different age. The teacher orbed into the room in a swirl of light.

“Welcome to Whitelighting,” the teacher said. “I’m Mr. Angelus. Some of you returning students may recognize me as the TA, but this year, we are honored to have a new TA.” He looked at Paige. “This is Paige Matthews. Most of you know her as a Charmed One. If you have any questions and cannot find me, Ms. Matthews is more than qualified in this line of work. Now, a bit of background for the new students, Ms. Matthews?”

Paige stood up and said, “Obviously the question is ‘What is a Whitelighter?’ A whitelighter is a being assigned to aid and advise witches, called charges, in their lives about the world of magic. Some basic abilities that we will develop this year are: orbing and sensing your charges. As a whitelighter becomes more experienced, they have more and more charges and that can get really hard to sort out all their calls at the same time. But first, the most basic ability is orbing. It can range from orbing small objects like that apple on the teacher’s desk. Apple!” Paige stuck out her hand and the apple disappeared from the desk and appeared in her hand in a swirl of light. “to larger objects like the teacher’s desk. Desk!” Paige moved to her right as the teacher’s desk across the room disappeared and reappeared where she was standing. “and finally learning to orb yourself from one place” she disappeared in a swirl of light and appeared in the midst of the students’ desks “to another.” The students around her jumped when she appeared next to them. “So who wants to go first?”

the following is the topic of the month in the fan fic thread

Galicdreamer said:
How To Review Fanfiction

So, now that you have gotten some ideas on how to write a fanfiction, lets talk about how to review fanfiction. Good Reviewing is just as important as good writing.

A person that writes a Fanfiction is allowing the readers to view something that is very personal and important to the writer. The reader needs to remember to keep that in mind as they are reviewing the stories they read.

This topic of the month is all about Reviewing, and giving you tips to make sure that the negative and positive reviews both can be done in ways that are kind and thoughtful.

Tip #1

Use Quotes in you Review

Using quotes in your reviews allows the writer to know specifically what part(s) of the story affected you the most. If there was a part of the story that just made you laugh out loud, quote that part and say that.

Tip #2

Remember to Read the Story

Jumping in and skimming the story is not a good way to review a story. It makes the writer think that you really don’t care. Saying “Thanks for the PM, great update”, Doesn’t show that you read the story. Saying, “I loved how Sidney and Vaughn were . . . ” is just and easy and shows that you know what is going on.

Tip #3

Write a Review the Way You want to be Reviewed

Write a review the way you would want to be reviewed. Fellow readers and writers will see the way you are reviewing the fics and will follow your example when reviewing your own work. People follow from examples.

Tip #4

Even Negative Reviews can be Positive

If you read a part of a fic that just didn't work for you, for example: "Jack looked over at Vaughn with the affection of a father for his son." Instead of saying..that sucked. You can say, I can see what you were trying to do there but, I just didn't feel that was something Jack would do. That way you are still expressing your point and being polite about it.

Tip #5

Pay It Forward

If another writer reviews your story take the time and review their’s. You will appreciate the review and the other person will appreciate you taking the time out to return the review.

Tip #6

Share Personal Insight

If read apart in the story that happened to you, share it. Sharing your personal experience (or the personal experiences of others you know) will show the writer that you read the story but will also show that you enjoyed what was written.

Those are our tips for being a good reviewer. If you still want to know some more, then I suggest checking out this site for some good ideas from some writers themselves. Lurkers versus Reviewers
If you have any questions or any other suggestions please feel free to post them here! :D
[post="984661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

[Conservatory]

A cool early autumn breeze blows through the open window as Piper feeds Chris. Thomas, their new Whitelighter, orbs in.

"Where's Phoebe?" Thomas asked.

"She's at work," Piper said. "Why, is there something wrong?"

Thomas said, "There was an accident. A group of archeologists were doing a dig in Libya and came across an object. This object imprisoned many demons, 18 to be exact. Little is known about them because they were entombed over 2000 years ago."

"So you want us to track them down and vanquish them?" Piper asked. "But how are we going to do that if they're not even in the Book?"

"Well, they might be in the Book, because the Halliwells are a line of a matriarchs," Thomas said.

"So what?" Piper asked.

"Well, these demons were entombed by a group of Amazonian women. The Elders think that the key to their demise can only be found by female witches and seeing that the Charmed Ones are the most powerful..."

"Great," Piper sighed.

"Do you need me to do anything?" Thomas asked.

"Well, now that I think about it...there is something," Piper smiled.

Piper walks into the attic as Thomas follows her. "Run P3?" he asks not hiding his disbelief. "But I don't know anything about running a club!"

Piper asked, "Didn't you say that you were some CEO before you died?"

"Yes, but: a) that was in the 60s, and b) a club is very different than a corporation," Thomas protested.

Piper said matter-of-factly, "A) in the 21st century, life is simpler due to something called 'technology,' and b) yeah, a club is much smaller and easier to run. It's not even that big of a committment. Monday through Thursday, work from 5 to 11, and Friday through Sunday, work 4 to 12."

"As a Whitelighter, I'm supposed to protect you and help you in the field of magic," Thomas explained.

"You are, indirectly," Piper said. "If you cover the club, it allows Phoebe and me more time to concentrate on magic."

Thomas thought about it and reluctantly said, "Fine, I'll do it for one week and then we'll see how it works."

"Thanks," Piper said. "I can't find anything in here about these demons!"

"Let me give it a shot," Thomas said.

Piper moved aside and Thomas started flipping through the Book.

"Stop!" Piper said abruptly.

"What?" Thomas asked.

"I think this is it!" Piper said.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing on this page," Thomas said.

"Uh, no, it clearly is not," Piper said. "Tell me that you see something."

"I don't see anything, do you?" Thomas asked confusingly.

Piper paused and said, "Yeah, I do."

I really love how you incorporated the show into your fic... I tried once, didn't work.

Leo being the new principal? Very interesting....

I also like how you concentrated on all the characters and not just Phoebe cuz she's hot (what the show's writers do). Great work!

[Halliwell Manor]
The doorbell rings and Phoebe rushes over to answer it. When she opened the door, Dave was standing there dressed as Superman. Next to him stood a young Asian guy.

“Dave,” Phoebe said, “come in.”

“Thanks for inviting me,” Dave said. He stepped in and gave Phoebe a kiss. “I hope you don’t mind, but I brought on of my students.”

“No, of course not,” Phoebe replied, “the more the merrier.”

“I’m Kalihiwai,” he said, “but people call me Kal for short.”

“Nice to meet you Kal, I’m Phoebe,” she said shaking his hand.

“It’s an honor to meet you in person,” Kal beamed. “I never thought I’d ever talk to a Charmed One.”

“Phoebe, where should I put the cake?” Dave asked, holding out the dessert he bought on the way over.

“Oh, I’ll take that,” Phoebe said. Kal headed for the living room as Dave followed Phoebe to the dining room. “You think you can keep the suit tonight?”

Dave smiled at her and said, “Of course; bet you’ve never slept with Superman.”

“No, I haven’t,” Phoebe replied.

[Living Room]
Kal walked into the living room to find Danny playing with Wyatt and Chris. All three were in costume: Danny was dressed as a Roman soldier, Wyatt as a pumpkin, and Chris as a bunny.

Danny turned around and said, “Hi, I’m Danny.”

“Kal,” Kal introduced in reply. Suddenly, Danny bore a strange expression on his face. “Is something wrong?”

“No,” Danny said distantly, “nothing wrong at all. Can you watch these two for a second?”

“Sure,” Kal said as Danny left the room. He headed towards the kitchen and saw Phoebe and Dave kissing in the dining room. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his chest and he pressed his hand against his heart and gasped for air. Phoebe noticed this and pulled away from Dave.

“Oh my god,” Phoebe said and sprang towards Danny. She and Dave got there to catch Danny just before he hit the ground. Kal came in and saw what happened.

“Kal, can you grab his legs and help us carry him to the couch?” Dave asked. Kal immediately did as he was told.

Piper and Paige burst from the kitchen and Paige asked, “What happened? Is he ok?”

[Dining Room]
Piper, Phoebe, Dave, and Kal were sitting around the table as Paige walked in.

“How’s he doing?” Piper asked.

“He’s fine,” Paige said. “He just needs some rest.”

“It’s too bad he missed dinner,” Phoebe asked.

“Yeah,” Piper added. She now wished she dressed up seeing Phoebe dawn the costume of Eve and Paige as Gwenivere.

“I like that necklace-thing, Kal,” Paige said. “What’s it made of?”

“I’m not quite sure,” Kal answered. “My grandfather gave it to me when we lived on Kauai. He says it contains power that can be unleashed around this time of year.”

“You know what else can happen on All Hallow’s Eve?” Dave asked.
Phoebe looked at him pessimistically, “What?”

“They say if you look at yourself in the mirror hard enough, you can see your past lives,” Dave said.

Phoebe laughed, “Yeah right.”

“Hey, I am an expert in Divination,” Dave said. “I should know.”

“One would think,” Paige joked.

“Tea leaves, sure,” Piper said. “Tarot, maybe…mirror revelations, no.”

“May I use your restroom?” Kal asked.

“Sure,” Piper responded. “It’s upstairs, to the left.”

“Thanks,” Kall got up and followed Piper’s directions.

“I hope you guys don’t mind my bringing Kal,” Dave said. “it’s just that his parents died when he was a kid and his grandfather died a few years ago.”

“That’s too bad,” Phoebe said. “Maybe we can summon his grandfather tonight so that they can talk again. I always love talking to Grams again.”
The doorbell rings. “I’ll get it,” Paige said. “It must be trick-or-treaters. I love to see their costumes.”

[Bathroom]
Kal stares intently into the mirror, not sure what he will see. “Great,” he thought. “I’ll bet he just made up that story to get me out of the room.” Then, his necklace began to move. The black stone in the middle began to glow and it emitted darkness that ate away at the light in the bathroom. Soon, Kal was enveloped in the darkness and then he disappeared into the mirror.

[Downstairs]“What was that?” Paige asked as she finished handing out the candy.
“Don’t know,” Phoebe said looking around the room.

“Kal,” Dave whispered and he bolted upstairs. The sisters followed him. He pounded on the bathroom door. “Kal, are you ok in there?”

“Paige, I think you should orb in there,” Piper said sensing something was wrong.

“No,” Paige protested. “How do I know he’s not just using the bathroom in there?”

“Because he’s not,” Danny said from behind them. They all turned around.

“Danny, you should be lying down,” Paige said.

“I’m fine,” Danny reassured her.

“How do you know he’s not in there?” Phoebe asked.

“If he were in there, I’d hear his heartbeat unless…,” Danny said, hoping the latter thought was not true. He tuned his hearing again and heard nothing. Paige immediately orbed into the bathroom and unlocked the door. The others walked in and looked at what Paige was staring at.

"Bloody hell,” Danny whispered as he stared into the mirror. There was a swirling of darkness in the mirror and it didn’t seem to end.

“What is that?” Piper asked.

“I don’t know…,” Phoebe said quite confused. “How did he do this? A student would not have the power to be using this kind of magic.”

“You’re right,” Dave said. “He didn’t do this.”

“I don’t get it,” Phoebe said.

“Do you remember what I said at dinner?” Dave asked.

“About the endangered breeds of unicorns?” Phoebe asked.

“No, about seeing your past life in the mirror,” Dave corrected. “Kal must have tried it, but he wasn’t supposed to be sucked back into it.”

“I’ll go check the Book for…mirror-time travelling,” Piper said as she headed to the attic.

“We should change out of these, seeing that we’ll probably end up going after him,” Paige suggested.

“My place is a long walk from here,” Dave said.

“I can give you a ride,” Danny said.

“Thanks,” Dave replied.

[Underworld]

A female demon reclines in the shadows of her extravagant dwelling. There is a row of 18 demons in front of her.

“What is this place?” their leader asked. “Who brings us here?”

“I do,” the female demon responded. “And now, you all work for me.”

“We only serve our leader,” one of the demons said.

The female demon waved her hand and their leader burst into flames. “Now your leader is dead. As I was saying, I have managed to lure a few witches into the past and I need you to go there and kill them.”

“What’s in it for us?” a demon asked.

“If you do as I say, I might spare your lives,” the female demon said.

Picking up her hint, another asked, “Where will we find them?”
With another wave of her hand, a swirl of darkness (like that in the mirror at the manor) enveloped the remaining 17 and then they disappeared.

[Attic]
Paige walked in to find Piper still flipping through the Book. “I can’t seem to find a demon that uses mirrors as a medium to transfer bodies,” Piper said.

“If we really can’t find it, we’ll still need to go in to get Kal,” Paige said. “He’s an Innocent now.”

“We have to know what we’re up against or else we’re putting our lives at risk too,” Piper said. “You should know this by now.”

“You’re right,” Paige said, knowing that Piper was going to say that. There are some things that Piper will not change her mind on, and this was one of them. “But don’t you think that if it were a powerful demon, it would be in the Book?”

“Well. you know how the Book can show different things on the same page every time you open it,” Piper said. “Here it is, the demon’s name is Blaze. It says here that she possesses a wide range of powers including time travel and is a force to be approached with great caution.”

“Is there a vanquishing potion?” Paige asked.

“Yeah, except I haven’t heard of most of these ingredients,” Piper said.

“It looks like the only thing we can do to rescue Kal is to get in and get out as fast as possible,” Paige said. “If we encounter a demon, you freeze her to buy us some time to get out of there.”

“Sounds a bit risky to me, but it should work,” Piper said.

“Great!” Paige said enthusiastically. “Let’s go tell Phoebe and wait for the guys to get back and then we’ll move in.”

[Nursery]
Danny and Dave walk into the nursery to find Piper with Wyatt and Chris. “Where’s Phoebe and Paige?” Danny asks.

“They’re in the attic, trying to figure out what Kal looked like in his past life,” Piper says. “That way we’ll know who we’re looking for.”

“Why don’t you send the babies to Magic School?” Dave asks.

“The Elders have closed off magic school so that nobody can orb in or out,” Piper says. “So I’m asking Thomas to baby sit.”

“Ah, well, let me see if Phoebe and Paige need any help,” Dave says. He leaves the room and walks up to the attic.

Chris begins to cry and Danny picks him up. “What’s wrong?” Piper asks Chris in a motherly way.

“I can tell you, unless you already smell it,” Danny says. He puts Chris on the changing table and undid the diapers. The pungent odor attacks the air. “Wow, I forgot how bad this could be.”

“Danny,” Piper says. “You don’t have to do that. Let me…”

“No it’s fine,” Danny says. “Take a break, we might need it later.” He tosses the soiled diapers into the trashcan. He cleans up and puts a new diaper on. “it’s been a while but I still remember.”

“Thanks,” Piper says. “But…”

Phoebe walks into the room. “We’ve got a picture,” she says holding out a can of colored liquid. Piper looks inside and sees a red-haired man probably in his mid-30s.

“Alright,” Dave says as Paige and he enters the room behind Phoebe. “Here’s what we’re going to do. We’re definitely not jumping through that portal, because who knows where that leads, so I have a spell. I also whipped up a generic demon vanquishing potion that should vanquish almost any lower-level demon and distract upper-level demons.” He hands a small vial of the potion to each person and the spell to Piper and she and her sisters chant, “Take us back to Kal’s past life, to time and place without any strife. Taken through time, that he was, not get in trouble, we hope he does.” In a swirl of light, they disappear.

[Room- Location Unknown]
They reappeared in a bedroom that seemed like it could have been a suite in a hotel. They looked at one another to find that they were now wearing clothes that were definitely not from their lifetimes. Dave and Danny wore slate and charcoal colored suits with peaked lapels that gave the outfit a v-shape opening to their collared shirts underneath. There was also noticeably more padding on their shoulders. The girls wore dresses that flowed down to their ankles. Their necklines were lined with ruffles. Piper had a stole around her neck and Phoebe had a mink fur coat.

“Ok,” Paige says. “I’ve got two questions: Where are we and why do Piper and Phoebe get fur?”

Danny walks to the window and replies, “The answer to the first question is ‘at sea’.”

“What?” Piper asks.

“We’re on a cruise of some kind,” Danny says.

“Everyone got their potions?” Phoebe asks, checking to make sure the potions survived the time travel. Everyone nods.

“We should split up into two groups,” Danny says.

“No that’s too dangerous,” Piper points out. “If danger pops up, that will leave us more vulnerable.”

“This way we can search the ship faster,” Danny says. “If you go with Phoebe and Dave, you can freeze the demon, giving you time to run to safety. “I’ll go with Paige and if there’s danger, she can orb the both of us out of there.” He takes out two pins that look like flowers from his pocket. “These are two-way communicators. This way we can talk to each other.”

“Cool,” Phoebe says. Danny pins one on Piper and the other on Paige.

“Alright, let’s go find him,” Dave says opening the door.

Piper’s group takes the elevator to the upper decks while Paige and Danny head further down into the ship. Piper, Phoebe, and Dave steps out when the elevator stops. They hear many voices coming from a room to their right and go in that direction, attempting to blend in.

[Lounge]
The doors swing open and they walk in. “Wow,” Phoebe says looking at the immense lounge-turned-ballroom in front of them.

“Get a load of the view,” Piper says pointing to the sidewalls. The walls are floor-to-ceiling windows that let the people inside look out onto the Promenade deck and the ocean beyond. They could see the sun setting over the ocean in the direction the ship was traveling.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” a man asks from behind them with a British accent. They turn around to find a young man, who couldn’t be over 30, dressed as formally as everyone else in the room. “My name’s Edward.” He stuck out his hand towards Piper and awaited her to return the greeting.

“I’m Piper,” Piper says, “and this is my sister Phoebe and her boyfriend Dave” motioning to them.

“So are you headed home?” Edward asks. Piper looks confusingly at Phoebe. “You lot are Yanks, right?”

“Oh, yeah, we’re headed home,” Phoebe replies matter-of-factly.

“I was wondering, Piper, if I could have this dance,” Edward says.

“Well…I…,” Piper stutters. She is supposed to be here to find Kal and leave as soon as possible.

Phoebe turns toward her and whispers, “Go ahead. It’ll be a great way to scope out the room for Kal, if he’s here.”

Piper says to Edward, “I’d love to,” and they disappear into the crowd.

[Lower Decks]
Paige and Danny wander out of the restaurant where some people are finishing their dinner. They walk down another deck and find the swimming pool. “This can take a very long time,” Paige says dragging her feet.

They open the doors and hear the sound of a waterfall and smell the pool water. They walk to the edge of the balcony and see the glistening water below. Proceeding down the stairs, they arrive at the level of the pool itself.
“If we were actually here on the cruise, I wouldn’t hesitate to jump in,” Danny says gazing dreamily at the Grecian baths that surround him. “I’ll check to make sure he’s not in here before we move on.” He walks into the other room as Paige sits on a poolside bench.

A man swimming in the pool climbs out and heads toward the bench. “Hey there, toots,” he says to Paige. “You look awfully lonely.”

Paige looks at him with disgust and says, “I’m fine.”

He smiles and says, “That you are indeed. How about going back to my room where I can show you my…”

Paige stands up abruptly and says, “How about you go back to your room and I’ll stay here.” At that moment, Danny comes out and yells to Paige, “Sorry to keep you waiting, please don’t be mad.”

Paige looks confused. He gave her a long kiss and turns to the guy and asks, “Do you two know each other?”

The guy says, “Oh, no. I was just getting my towel.” He picks up his towel and leaves.

Paige turns to Danny and says, “Thanks for getting me out of there.”

Danny replies, “Anytime.”

[Lounge]
Edward spins Piper around on the dance floor along with many other couples. With each twirl, Piper scans the room for Kal. Her eyes meet Phoebe’s and she gives a “I can’t find him” look. The music stops and Piper says, “I need to take a break.” She fans herself but keeps a smile.

“Maybe we should step outside,” Edward suggests, taking Piper’s hand. He leads her to the door separating the ballroom from the Promenade deck. Immediately Piper feels the breeze the ship creates as she glides on the sea. “So what do you think of the Queen Mary thus far?”

“It feels good to breakaway for a bit, you know,” Piper replies as the two stroll down the deck.

“I know exactly what you mean,” Edward says. “It’s like nothing else exists when you’re here. I mean, when I’m here, on the ship.” Piper cracks a smile at his slip. “What I meant was, it might be a long time before we can enjoy something like this.”

“What do you mean?” Piper asks, truly lost at what he meant.

“This morning, news came through via radio saying that we have declared war with Hitler,” Edward explains. There is a brief silence.

“This was fun,” Piper says, “but I’m feeling a bit tired so maybe I should call it a night.” She needed to get back to finding Kal, but didn’t want to make it too obvious.

“Do you need me to escort you back to your room?” he asks.

“My room?” Piper asks.

“Yes, your living quarters, the place where one resides for the night,” he explains.
“I’m aware of what a ‘room’ is,” Piper says. “I appreciate your offer, but I can find my way just fine.”

“Okay,” he says. “Good night, then.” She turns around and goes back indoors.

[Below Decks]
Paige and Danny listen to Piper's and Edward's conversation via the "pin" both Paige and Piper were wearing. "That's it?" Paige asks in disbelief. "Not even a good night kiss?"

From the pin, Piper says, "I'm glad you found that amusing, but we're here on a mission, remember?"

"We haven't got anything down here," Danny says into the pin.

"He wasn't in the ballroom either," Piper says. "I'm gonna try to meet up with Phoebe and Dave. You two keep looking."

"Paige!" Danny exclaims. "I remember something from my time travel classes way back when. If Kal traveled back to his past life, and he takes on his former body, his mind would still be his future self."

"What?" Paige asks.

"He's still a teenager at heart," Danny explains. "Where's the first place a teenage boy would go if he all of a suddent found out he were in his 30s?"

"A psychiatrist?" Paige guesses.

"No," Danny says, giving her a second guess.

"A strip club?"

"No! The bar!"

"Right, why didn't I guess that first? So where's the bar on this ship?"

"Up".

"Piper, we think Kal's in the bar. Do you know where it is?"

"Yeah, it's on the same deck we are," Piper's voice says from the pin.

"The Promenade Deck," Phoebe says into Piper's pin.

"Alright," Paige says. "We're getting into the elevator now. See you guys at the bar." The elevator doors open when it arrives at the Promenade Deck. Paige and Danny turn left and head straight for the bar.

[Bar]
They open the door, but the room is full of people. "Great!" Paige exclaims in frustration. "We're never going to find him or Piper in here."

Danny looks at the wall and pulls the lever labeled "Fire Alarm" and then, a shrill bell rings and people immediately rush to the only exit, which Paige and Danny just entered through.

"Paige!" Phoebe calls. "He's over there." Paige sees Kal and grabs him by the arm. Surprisingly, the bar emptied really quickly.

"Ms. Matthews," Kal says, a bit intoxicated.

"Alright, let's go," Dave says. They are almost at the door when a demon shimmers in front of them.

Piper waves her hands and blows off a small chunk of flesh from the demons chest. The demon lets out a groan and suddenly more demons shimmer into the room. The Charmed Ones are now surrounded and the demons draw closer. Piper furiously waves her hands only to wound the demons.

"The potions!" Phoebe says, remembering that they were to use the potions as a last resort. They all throw the potions and fortunately vanquish several demons, but also blowing up chairs and tables in the process.

"There are too many of them," Paige says, stating the obvious.

"Run," Dave yells seeing that the path towards the door is clear. Because Kal is in no condition to walk in a straight line, let alone run, Danny throws him over his shoulders.

[Below Decks]
They run down the stairs and Piper runs into someone as she turns the corner.

"Piper?" the man asks.

"Edward!" Piper pants, having the wind knocked out of her.

"Didn't think I'd run into you again," he says. "Is something wrong?"

"No time to explain," Piper says. "Is your room around here by any chance?"

"Yes," Edward replies. "I..."

"Let's go!" Piper barks. She grabs his hand and dashes down the hall with his directions. The rest follow them. They end up turning into a suite and Dave slams the door behind them.

"Piper, what's going on?" he asks a but scared of what she could be running from yet also confused at who these people are.

"Uh..." Piper thinks about what to say. "We're spies."

"What?" Edward asks.

"What?" Phoebe echoes.

"Yeah," Piper continues. "These three are with me from the American Intelligence Headquarters" motioning to Phoebe, Dave, and Paige, "and Agent Galanis," motioning to Danny, "is our contact in the UK, and," pointing to Kal, "he was the agent we were here to rescue from the Nazis." Piper thinks to herself, "That made sense, right?"

"Right," Edward says doubtfully.

"It's true," Danny says, playing along.

"Should I contact the authorities on this ship then?" Edward asks.

"No!" Piper blurts out. "I mean, there's no need to, because we've got everything under control."

"Yeah, we have government officials waiting to escort the enemies waiting for us in New York," Dave explains, catching onto Piper's lie. "There's no need to worry anybody onboard."

"But right now, you can serve your country too," Danny lies.

"How?" Edward asks curiously.

"By keeping watch outside in the hallway while we devise an escape route," Danny continues. Edward looks confused for a second and then does as he is told. "Call us from the hallway every couple minutes. If we don't answer, you can come back in. Oh, an by the way, His Royal Majesty is grateful for this service."

Edward steps outside into the hallway and closes the door.

"Spies?" Phoebe asks.

"I'll explain later," Piper says, "but now, what the hell do we do?"

"I was planning on extracting Kal here, but it doesn't seem time would permit," Dave replies.

"We have to go back to the future and do it there," Paige chimes in. Piper walks around the room looking for something. She comes back with a pen, piece of paper, and a lighter.

She writes "October 31, 2004" on the paper and says, "Alright, gather around." Phoebe meanwhile writes a spell and holds it out so Piper and Paige can read it. Piper lights the paper with the date on fire and the sisters chant, "Hear these words, hear the rhyme, we send to you this burning sign. The our future selves we'll find, in another place and time."

In a swirl of light, the six of them disappear.

"Hello?" Edward calls from the hallway. He slowly opens the door and sticks his head in. He walks into the room and closes the door. "How did they get out?" He looks around the room and up at the ceiling. He stares at the air vent and says, "Huh, very creative, aren't they?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow, i finally finished posting my halloween fan fic, a bit late isnt it, :lol:

[Halliwell Manor]
Several weeks pass and the colored leaves outside have fallen, leaving most trees naked. Piper enters the house through the front door with a bag of groceries. Thomas, their whitelighter, walks down the stairs.

“Wyatt and Chris are napping,” he says quietly.

“That’s good,” Piper replies. “Thanks.”

“By the way, I got a message today that I think you’ll enjoy,” Thomas says as Piper walks into the kitchen. He follows her. “I got word that Leo’s coming home for Christmas.”

Piper puts the groceries on the counter and asks, “Really? What about magic school? Isn’t he the principal?”

Thomas shrugs. “I don’t know. All that the Elders told me is that he’s coming home for Christmas Break.” A jingle sounds in the room. “I have to go.” Piper understands that the Elders are calling and Thomas orbs out.

[Bay Mirror]
Phoebe sits at her computer looking at the article she is typing. Christmas music quietly seeps out of her desktop radio and must compete with the hum of the heater.

Dear Phoebe,
My husband just came home after a long trip and I am obviously excited about seeing him. However, I feel that there is something that he isn’t telling me. I don’t want to question him because he might get the wrong impression that I don’t trust him. If I don’t find out if he
is hiding something or not, I’ll wonder every second I’m around him.
From,
Confused-about-to-be-Crazy from Colma

Phoebe types:

Dear Confused,
Curiosity is a natural human reaction. However, too much can turn into an obsession. I can’t tell you if your husband is or isn’t hiding something, but if he is, give him some time. Patience is also a human reaction but unlike curiosity, too much patience never hurt anybody.
-Phoebe

She looks at the time and sees that it’s time to go so she saves her article and shuts off the computer. She then grabs her purse and throws on her overcoat and steps out of the office.

“Phoebe!” Elise yells from behind her. She runs up to Phoebe. “I’m glad I caught you before you left. As a promotion for the paper, we’re having several members of our staff help serve meals in soup kitchens during the holiday season. I was wondering if and when you’re free.”

Phoebe thinks about it for a moment and says, “Yeah, I’d be happy to do it. Can you email me a list of days that are open and let me get back to you.”

“Sure,” Elise says. “See you on Monday.”

[Danny’s Apartment]
Danny takes the wine from the kitchen as Paige sits in front of the fireplace on the couch. As Danny heads toward her, he blows out the once long candles on the table from their dinner. He opens the bottle and pours out the crimson wine into the wine glasses Paige holds in her hands.

“That dinner was amazing,” Paige complements Danny. “I had no idea you could cook.”

“I’m glad you liked it,” Danny says. He sits down next to her. “The melomacarona was no problem, but the lamb fricassee was a challenge.”

“I must say, it definitely rivals that of Piper’s,” Paige says. “But don’t tell her I said that.”

Danny lets out a small chuckle, “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.” He looks at Paige and sees the firelight reflect in Paige’s diamond earrings. “That reminds me, I want to show you something.” He takes Paige’s hand and gets up to lead her to the window. He opens the curtains and Paige gasps.

“Oh my gosh, it’s beautiful,” Paige says seeing San Francisco dotted with city-lights below.

“Isn’t it?” Danny asks rhetorically. “That’s what’s great about living on a hill. And out there is the bay.” He points to the darkness in the distance. For several seconds, they just stare out into the night. “Paige, can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” Paige says sensing the seriousness in his tone. “What is it?”

“We’ve known each other for a year and a half, so you know me pretty well, and I know you pretty well, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Yeah, so what?”

Danny kneels down on one knee and takes something out of his pocket. He holds this small box towards Paige and opens it. Inside is a sparkling diamond ring and he asks, in the most respectful manner he can think of, “Paige Matthews, will you marry me?”

In truth, Paige is lost in both the surprise of the question and also at the ring. Paige smiles as she sees Danny’s smile. Fighting back tears of joy, she says, “Yes, Danny, I will.” Danny stands up, takes the ring out of the box, and slides it onto the proper finger.

They share a kiss and Danny says, “In case you are wondering, it’s a 0.96 karat diamond and the ring is 18 karat gold.”

Paige laughs a little and says, “I wasn’t wondering.”

Danny smiles and says, “What do you think your sisters will say?”

“Don’t know, but it doesn’t matter. How long did you say until your roommate gets back?”

“I told him about my plans to propose tonight, so we still probably have an hour or so.”

“Perfect.”

[Halliwell Manor]
Leo holds Chris and says, “Can you say ‘Dada’? Dada, dada.” Chris smiles and touches Leo’s face with both hands. Piper walks into the room.

“I think it’s time for bed,” Piper says. “What do you think Wyatt?”

Wyatt nods his head and says, “Yes, bed.”

Piper puts Wyatt down on his bed and changes him into his pajamas. Leo puts

Chris back into his crib. He walks to the doorway and Piper follows.

“Mama,” Chris calls. Piper turns around.

“Bedtime song,” Wyatt says as he throws off his covers.

Piper walks back towards them and asks, “A song? What song do you want?”

“Lullaby,” Wyatt answers.

Dave knocks on the door. “Leo, can I speak to you in the hallway for a moment?”
Unwilling to leave his wife and sons, he senses the tone in Dave’s voice and realizes that he has something serious to say. “Sure,” Leo says and leaves the room.

Piper softly sings, “Lullaby and good night, in the sky stars are bright. 'Round your head, flowers gay, set you slumbers till day. Lullaby and good night, in the sky stars are bright. 'Round your head, flowers gay, set you slumbers till day. Close your eyes now and rest. May these hours be blessed. Close your eyes now and rest. May these hours be blessed.”

[Hallway]
In a very quiet voice, Dave says, “Two more deaths occurred earlier this evening.”

“Powerful witches?” Leo asks nervously.

“Yeah, but here’s the kicker, they were sisters.”

Leo’s heart skips a beat. “You think the demons are coming after the Sisters next?”

“I hope not, but I think they should know why you came back.”

Leo takes a deep breath, “I’ll sleep on it.”

“Leo, there might not be time.”

“Call Paige and tell Phoebe what’s going on.”

[Piper’s Room]
Leo opens the door to Piper’s room and walks back in.

“What was that about?” Piper asks nonchalantly.

Leo closes the door and turns towards Piper. “I think that you and your sisters are in danger.”

“What’s new?” Piper sits on the bed, getting ready for some needed sleep.

Leo becomes more adamant and sits next to her on the bed. “This isn’t a regular demon attack I’m talking about. Over the past few months, there’s been a chain of witch killings, all targeted at powerful witches. Today, a pair of sisters was killed.”

Piper stops what she’s doing and asks, “What do the Elders know about the demons?”

“Not much, but what’s dangerous is that the Elders can’t seem to uncover anything new about these demons.”

“Should we take the boys to Magic School?”

“That brings me to my next point, I’ve been reassigned to be your Whitelighter again.”

“But…wha---”

“Thomas will be reassigned to another witch, my status as an Elder has not changed, and there will be a new principal at Magic School when the students return from break.”

Piper falls silent. “Why can’t we ever get a break?” She sighs. “So what are we supposed to do, go into hiding?”

“No, I think it should be safe for you and your sisters to stay in the manor tonight. Dave and I will stay watch and warn you guys if something happens tonight.”

“Do Phoebe and Paige know?”

“I’ve asked Dave to take care of them. You should get some sleep.”

Piper looks at Leo and says, “It’s nice to have you back again.” She gives him a quick good-night kiss and climbs under the covers. Leo turns off the lights and walks into the nursery where Chris and Wyatt are fast asleep.

[Danny’s Apartment]
Danny flicks off the bathroom light and walks into his room where Paige was lying on the bed. He put on a pair of sweatpants and rummages through his clothes to find a shirt.

“My roommate just came home and I think it’s time I took you home too,” Danny says.

Paige groans. “How about another half an hour?”

Danny laughs. “Don’t you want to be there when Leo gets home?”

“I see him almost everyday at Magic School, and he’s probably already home by now.”

“Your cell’s vibrating.”

Paige picks up her purse from the floor and takes out her cell phone. “Good hearing.” She answers the phone.

Danny hears Dave’s voice on the other side of the line. “Paige, you have to get home now!”

“What’s wrong?” Paige sits up very quickly. Her heartbeat increases very slightly.

“There might be a demon after you and your sisters. I’ll explain the rest when you get home.” The line is cut off.

“Hello? Dave?” She turns to Danny. “Something’s not right.”

Danny’s eyes widen as his special pager starts to beep. He throws her clothes towards her and yells, “Get dressed! Hurry!”

Paige does not waste a second and puts them on as fast as she can. Danny opens the door and darts into the living room. His roommate is watching TV.

“So, how did it go?” his roommate asks.

“Andrew,” Danny says impatiently. “I need to you go into your room for a bit.”

“Why?”

“Just do it! I can’t explain right now.”

“Jeez, man, don’t get your boxers in a bunch.” Andrew takes his TV dinner and heads toward his room. Paige comes out dressed.

“They’re here,” Danny says looking around the room. “I hear their breathing.”

Suddenly three grotesque demons shimmer in and just as Danny turns around, one of them jabs an athame into Danny’s side. The other two hurl energy balls at Paige.

“Energy balls!” Paige yells as she orbs the balls back towards the demons. The demons shimmer out and shimmer back next to Paige. They grab her and shimmer out. Before they could complete their shimmer, Paige orbs out of their grip and reappears in the room. The demon that stabbed Danny shimmers out with Danny. “Danny!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks for the comments, Margo, do you want to be added to my PM list?

Back