Horror The Hallow (2015) aka: The Woods (original thread before DMCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMjQ2MjUzNTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTY1MTY3NjE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

97 min | Horror | 13 November 2015 (UK)
The Woods (2015) - IMDb

A family who move into a remote milllhouse in Ireland find themselves
in a fight for survival with demonic creatures living in the woods.

Director:
Corin Hardy
Writers:
Corin Hardy (screenplay), Felipe Marino (screenplay) (as Olga Barreneche)
Stars:
Joseph Mawle, Bojana Novakovic, Michael McElhatton

Being of Celtic origins myself I found this Irish folktale movie interesting. It has the same foreboding as Pumpkinhead but with an Irish twist. Now I tagged it as Horror but after watching the film it might be taken as Science Fiction because the Hallow is a fungus spore (shown being discovered but not an intrigal part of the movie). The creatures are very well done and brutal. How long will a man's family values hold when pushed to the limits. The wife (Bojana Novakovic) is just plain beautiful. But then I am jaded because I find most Irish lassies beautiful. This is the kind of movie you want to watch at night with all the lights out. Oh, and the movie isn't over when the credits roll.

It's at {...}
Watch The Halow mp4
194 mb @ 350 kbs

*** EDIT: LINK TO TORRENT REMOVED (see below) ***

Last edited by a moderator:
The torrent link to the above movie has been removed per the below DMCA complaint.

The following message has been sent from Jeffrey Moreira <copyright1@ricomanagement.com> (IP: 96.40.172.71) via the contact form at Alien Soup.

DMCA Complaint
Monday January 04 21:06:33 2016

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a notice to report copyright infringement under § 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

The following works are copyrighted and are believed to be infringed:

IFC Films : The Hallow
Authorized example of work: The Hallow | Horror, Aliens, zombies, vampires, creature features and more from IFC Midnight, a leading distributor in genre entertainment. | IFC Films
Agent Signature And Information:
RMAgentJeffreyMoreira.pdf
Authorization From Copyright Holder To Request Removal:
The Hallow ATA.pdf

I believe that the following materials are infringing:

Horror - The Hallow (2015) aKa: The Woods

I have a good faith belief that use of the materials in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I demand that Aliensoup.com acts expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing.

Please note that failure to act expeditiously upon this notice may render Aliensoup.com ineligible for any Safe Harbor provisions under the DMCA such that it may be liable as an infringer under § 501 of the Copyright Law.

Under §§ 502-05 of the Copyright Law, an infringer’s website may be subject to being partially or wholly shut down or modified to prevent copyright infringement. Furthermore, the infringer may be liable for actual damages and profits, statutory damages, costs, and/or attorney’s fees. Should willful infringement be found, the infringer may also be liable for increased statutory damages.

My contact information is:

Rico Management
C/O IFC Films
Jeffrey Moreira
19510 Van Buren Blvd
Ste F3-182
Riverside, CA 92508
(951) 266-6929
copyright1@ricomanagement.com

I believe that the information in this notice is accurate, and declare under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Thank you for your time and handling of this matter.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Moreira
Rico Management

So, it turns out that removing the link to "{...}" was not enough for IFC Films -- they submitted a DMCA removal request to Google to have this page removed from Google's search results! :wideeyed: Either IFC doesn't understand that nothing was ever hosted here or being overly aggressive is their standard operating procedure.

For the curious here's a copy of the Google removal notice that we received.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM
Subject: Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search
To: {REDACTED Kevin's email}

Message type: [WNC-594600]
Search Console
Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search

To: Webmaster of Alien Soup,

Google has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of the material found on your site allegedly infringes upon the copyrights of others. We’re in the process of removing the allegedly unlawful materials from Google Search results.

The notice that we received, with any personally identifying information removed, may be found on the website of Chilling Effects, a third-party aggregator of legal complaint notices, at http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=11682799.

Please note that it may take several weeks for the notice to be posted on the above page.

What you can do next:

File a Counter Notice
If you feel that your sites or pages were mistakenly removed due to a DMCA request filed against you, Google can reinstate these materials into our search results upon receipt of a DMCA Counter Notification.

Speak to a lawyer

If you have legal questions about this notification, you may wish to speak to your own lawyer.

Here are the affected URL(s):

https://aliensoup.com/threads/the-hallow-2015-aka-the-woods.58037/

Need more help?
  • The DMCA is a United States copyright law that provides guidelines for online service provider liability in case of copyright infringement. We’re in the process of removing from Google Search results the materials that allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. If we didn’t do so, we could be subject to a claim of copyright infringement, regardless of its merits. See this DMCA FAQ for more details.
  • Read about the Google legal removal process in Legal Removal Requests in our Help Center.
  • Ask questions in our forum for more help - mention message type [WNC-594600].
Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 | Unsubscribe
Add partners who should receive messages for this Search Console account.
Seeing as how I promptly removed the only possible offending content upon receiving the notice from IFC I chose to submit a counter notice. :writing:

Wow! I am sorry you are having problems - If you have noticed I have curbed my linkage because of it

Guess who just wrote again? Maybe they get to charge IFC by how many bogus complaints they send out?

Date: Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Subject: DMCA Complaint (from Alien Soup)
To: {redacted}

Alien Soup
The following message has been sent from Jeffrey Moreira <copyright1@ricomanagement.com> (IP: 75.140.6.194) via the contact form at Alien Soup.

DMCA Complaint
Tuesday March 15 19:33:13 2016

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a notice to report copyright infringement under § 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

The following works are copyrighted and are believed to be infringed:

IFC Films : The Hallow
Authorized example of work: The Hallow | Horror, Aliens, zombies, vampires, creature features and more from IFC Midnight, a leading distributor in genre entertainment. | IFC Films
Agent Signature And Information:
RicoAgentJM.pdf
Authorization From Copyright Holder To Request Removal:
The Hallow ATA.pdf

I believe that the following materials are infringing:

https://aliensoup.com/threads/the-hallow-2015-aka-the-woods.58037/

I have a good faith belief that use of the materials in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I demand that Aliensoup.com acts expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing.

Please note that failure to act expeditiously upon this notice may render Aliensoup.com ineligible for any Safe Harbor provisions under the DMCA such that it may be liable as an infringer under § 501 of the Copyright Law.

Under §§ 502-05 of the Copyright Law, an infringer’s website may be subject to being partially or wholly shut down or modified to prevent copyright infringement. Furthermore, the infringer may be liable for actual damages and profits, statutory damages, costs, and/or attorney’s fees. Should willful infringement be found, the infringer may also be liable for increased statutory damages.

My contact information is:

Rico Management
C/O IFC Films
Jeffrey Moreira
19510 Van Buren Blvd
Ste F3-182
Riverside, CA 92508
(951) 266-6929
copyright1@ricomanagement.com

I believe that the information in this notice is accurate, and declare under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Thank you for your time and handling of this matter.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Moreira
Rico Management
Alien Soup

Attachments

• The Hallow ATA.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 79
  • RicoAgentJM.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 201
They are being anal
Indeed, but the problem is that at this point any DMCA notice regarding this page would be an abuse of the DMCA system.

It's a shame because what could have been a positive discussion about the movie on a genre fan community site has instead by overshadowed by an overly zealous legal firm.

Here's the response that was sent today.
Date: Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: DMCA Complaint (from Alien Soup)
To: Jeffrey Moreira <copyright1@ricomanagement.com>

To Whom It May Concern:

The only possible content on that page that might be subject to a DMCA notice, a hyperlink to a 3rd party site, was already previously removed on January 5, 2016.

Your March 15, 2016, notice appears to be based on inaccurate information and sent in bad faith. For any further action to be taken you need to identify explicitly what content, as opposed to just listing a URL, is allegedly infringing copyright.

Sincerely,

Webmaster,
AlienSoup.com

I've made a copy of the first post of this thread to start a fresh 'clean' thread about the movie.

Horror - The Hallow (2015) aka: The Woods

For talk about the movie, please use the new thread. I'm closing this original thread for now (assuming "Rico Management" is done trying to abuse the DMCA system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back