Horror The Hallow (2015) aka: The Woods

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMjQ2MjUzNTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTY1MTY3NjE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

97 min | Horror | 13 November 2015 (UK)
The Woods (2015) - IMDb

A family who move into a remote milllhouse in Ireland find themselves
in a fight for survival with demonic creatures living in the woods.

Director:
Corin Hardy
Writers:
Corin Hardy (screenplay), Felipe Marino (screenplay) (as Olga Barreneche)
Stars:
Joseph Mawle, Bojana Novakovic, Michael McElhatton

Being of Celtic origins myself I found this Irish folktale movie interesting. It has the same foreboding as Pumpkinhead but with an Irish twist. Now I tagged it as Horror but after watching the film it might be taken as Science Fiction because the Hallow is a fungus spore (shown being discovered but not an intrigal part of the movie). The creatures are very well done and brutal. How long will a man's family values hold when pushed to the limits. The wife (Bojana Novakovic) is just plain beautiful. But then I am jaded because I find most Irish lassies beautiful. This is the kind of movie you want to watch at night with all the lights out. Oh, and the movie isn't over when the credits roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one has just hit Netflix; I've added it to my queue for when I'm in the mood for a horror film. :smiley:

This one has just hit Netflix;
After reading that I had to go there and rewatch it. The Netflix interface is different than playing videos from a file. There is no fine tuning the video or sound. Can't "keep on top" in a small window while viewing other sites.
It's okay for sit down and watch and it does go full screen but I like to surf the internet with something playing.
Goes back to the old days when I had a CRT monitor and a separate TV.
After looking at the recent NetFlix que, I notice some pretty decent movies have hit.
On a hunch, from this discovery, I checked DishAnywhere and that too has some recent/decent movies as well.

Back