The Hardest Thing

ooooohhhhh Syd should just have told her that it WAS Michael. Of course it's going to happen again...it's Michael and Sydney...she should just realize that now and get it over with! Can't wait for more!

“I’m kidding. That’s…well, it’s not that bad I suppose…when did this happen anyway?” Nadia asked.

“On our anniversary,” Sydney mumbled into her cup of coffee.
Poor Peter, your screwed! :D

Nadia choked on the hot liquid in her mouth. “Yikes Syd! That is bad! Are you and Peter seriously having problems?”
Yes, he's boring!! :rolleyes:

“Whoa,” Nadia stopped her with her hands held out in front of her. “This was Michael you imagined?! Because then we have a whole ‘nother set of issues.”

“NO, no it wasn’t Michael,” Sydney lied quickly. “What I was saying was – Michael and I were watching this movie and-”
And the obsessing continues...

Sydney blushed slightly. “Of course not. I’m not going to think about him ever again,” she told Nadia. The only problem was she wasn’t sure that was possible.
Yea good luck with that!! :angelic:

ahhh i just got caught up. i haven't had a computer :( and i've been dieing without ur fan fics everday!!! but now i don't have to worry because i got it back!!! :D

but anyway...wow Syd really is in trouble thinking that. but who cares i hate Peter anyway lol :smiley:

The conversation Sydney and Nadia just had might be one of the weirdest conversation you ever wrote! If it's not the weirdest then it's definitely in the top 5. How can 2 sisters talk about THAT thing, even if they are also each other best friend? That's wrong! If I had one sister I know for sure that I wouldn't have this kind of conversation, I talk about such things with my friends, but never EVER with a relative, it would give me nightmares, and I hate it when I can't sleep :P

Sydney will continue to think about what happened and realize she's in trouble. Soon she'll try to analyze Michael's actions and words to her, trying to determine if he has feelings towards her.

Chris

“if you’re fantasizing about say…the English teacher across the hall you could easily do it with him on your desk after school-”
i totally wouldnt be opposed to that. anyone else have any problems with a little 'after school make-up work'?

i thought not.

see janet, everyone wants the nasty nasty in the teachers lounge to go down. (that was totally not intended, but i know you get it now :devil: )

Well i wouldn't go for the english teacher but at my old school there was a BLOODY HOT RELIGION TEACHER AND A FRIGGIN HOT COMPUTERS TEACHER......MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm Hot guys....

I LOVE NADIA... she has this way of brightening up a chapter all on her own

Well i wouldn't go for the english teacher but at my old school there was a BLOODY HOT RELIGION TEACHER AND A FRIGGIN HOT COMPUTERS TEACHER......MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm Hot guys....

I LOVE NADIA... she has this way of brightening up a chapter all on her own
:lol: are you okay there?

Chapter 10
Unfortunately for Sydney and her mental sanity, she did think about Michael once more in a less than G-rated fashion. This incident occurred only a few days after her conversation with her sister, during a time when Sydney was still obsessing over the first incident. Keeping her obsession in mind, she attributed the second incident’s occurrence to her conscious thoughts constantly being on Michael. She thought (or, at least, prayed) that once she stopped obsessing over her subconscious thoughts, she would have no more Michael-in-her-dreams incidents. Luckily, she was right, at least, for a little while.

One weeknight evening when Michael was sharing dinner with the Tucker’s the trio was conversing about movies, though, really, the conversation was a little one sided. As a general rule, Peter was not a fan of movies. Sure, he could appreciate Disney movies when his little nieces were involved and he enjoyed an occasional documentary, but as for the movie that told a story…well, they made him want to gag. Sydney loved movies, but during that point in time she was trying to focus not on Michael, which meant she was doing a lot of staring at the mashed potatoes on her plate. The only person who seemed to be talking was Michael, and even he was silent at times. Finally, at the mention of one movie, Sydney finally spoke up.

“I really want to see that new on…what’s it called? Something about fog…oh! Yes! Into the Fog,” Michael said.

“Oh I want to see that too,” Sydney chimed in with a smile. Across the table, Peter began to mutter about the Hollywood-ization of America and how movies only succeeded in putting more focus on celebrities, who already received more than enough press time. “I still want to see it,” Sydney said after his rant was over.

“Wanna go? Together I mean,” Michael offered.

Sydney looked tentatively over at Peter who scoffed, “I’m not goin’ with ya…”

Sydney then turned to Michael and smiled, “I’d love to. When? Friday after work?”

Michael nodded. “It’s a date.”

~*~

On Friday Sydney rushed home from work and changed at lightening speed so she would be ready when Michael came to pick her up. At first, Sydney was concerned Peter would be upset with the two of them going out, especially after Michael had used the term date, but, in actuality, Peter seemed relieved that Sydney was not going to be dragging him along with her. In fact, Peter suggested that Sydney drag Michael to all the movies she wanted to see, including the sappy romantic comedies, but Sydney was pretty sure he was joking.

Michael arrived to pick up Sydney at six on the dot, just like he promised. Much to Sydney’s pleasant surprise, she saw that Michael was holding out a single yellow rose. “Well aren’t you sweet,” Sydney smiled at him, taking the rose.

“Eh, not really – I pulled it from your neighbor’s garden,” he told her. Sydney’s jaw dropped in shock until Michael started laughing, a clear indication he had been joking. Annoyed, Sydney elbowed him in the ribs as she followed him out to his car. “This is gonna be fun – you and me,” Michael smiled at her.

“Of course,” Sydney said, “it’s always fun when we hang out.”

At the movie theater, Michael bought tickets for both Sydney and himself before she had a chance to pull out her wallet. She protested his generosity, but he assured her that it was a thank you for saving him from being the creepy loner guy in the back with his hand down his pants. This comment only succeeded in making Sydney laugh so hard she nearly choked. Michael assured her that he had never been that guy, which she found very comforting.

“Boy it’s crowded,” Sydney commented while she and Michael were searching for two seats together. Michael nodded in agreement before he spotted a pair of seats down by the front of the theater. Neither he nor Sydney enjoyed sitting that close to the screen, but if they wanted to sit together they had no choice. They slid into the seats just as the movie began.

~*~

“So I’m fairly sure my neck will never be the same,” Sydney commented with a groan as she rubbed her aching neck. Due to the close proximity of their seats to the screen, Sydney and Michael were forced to look up the entire movie, resulting in a very painful neck cramp for the both of them.

“Tell me about it…that was a good movie though,” he said, rubbing his own neck.

“Definitely good. Thanks for goin’ with me,” Sydney said, slipping one arm through Michael’s and hugging it against her chest.

“Of course,” he smiled down at her. “You’re like…my best friend anyway. Why wouldn’t I go with you?”

Sydney blushed softly and her heart fluttered as she asked, “What? I’m your best friend?”

“Sure,” Michael said, his cheeks turning notably pink as well. “I mean…well, yeah, besides Peter and all…”

Sydney leaned up and kissed his rose colored cheek. “You’re my best friend too – well, my best guy friend. Nadia’s my best girl friend,” she told him.

“I can live with that,” Michael said. “I don’t want you sharing your chick problems with me anyway.”

“No worries Michael,” Sydney said, patting his shoulder.

On their way out of the mall and to the parking lot, they passed an ice cream shop that was having its grand opening celebration. Michael whined and begged for Sydney to go inside with him and she agreed. The ice cream selection in the store was downright strange ranging from barbeque sandwich to garlic favorite. Needless to say, Sydney and Michael did not take advantage of the free samples they were offering.

“God that was disgusting – I feel the urge to throw up just thinking about eating some of that stuff,” Sydney shivered.

“Oh I don’t know… I would have tried the cheese flavored…yeah I’m kidding,” he added at the look on Sydney’s face. “But those people dancing in the back of the place were rather interesting.”

Sydney gave him a blank expression. “They were wearing lederhosen.”

“I know,” he laughed. Then he slipped an arm around Sydney’s waist and pulled her into a dance similar to the lederhosen-clad dancers right there in the middle of the parking lot. She squealed and told him to stop but he refused until they were both laughing so hard they could barely stand.

“You’re dangerous,” she told him, still laughing as she slipped inside the car.

“I know,” he grinned.

~*~

“Did you have a nice time?” Peter asked his wife when she arrived home.

“Oh…,” Sydney said, still laughing slightly from the conversation she had just had. “Yeah it was nice.”

“Good,” Peter smiled at her. “Glad you found a movie buddy.”

“Yeah…,” Sydney said unsurely. “A movie buddy…”

“They were wearing lederhosen.”
whats that

i cant believe dumbass didnt blow up
oh while they were at the cinemas he was cheatin on syd no wonder hes glad syd found a movie buddy!

Syd and Michael are seriously so cute together. I wonder if Peter is cheating too, he seems way calm about Syd and Michael hanging out than before and now he even encourages it.
Great update

Back