Politics The Hate in this Country

I've been reading through these posts looking at everyone's political opinions. It's perfectly normal to have a political opinion that differs from another person's (that's one of the great things about living in the USA). I just wish people would get rid of all of their hate:

Bush Bashing has becoming a regular sport for certain groups of this country! Is this really the way we all want to be? He's a person. He's a human being, a man. And I've heard he's a really sweet guy with a great personality :D Imagine you are George Bush, receiving all of this hate because someone doesn't like the way you do things. How would that make you feel? And it's not just Bush! It's Jaques Chirac, Michael Moore, John Kerry, Tony Blair... Be understanding of their choices and opinions, even if they're not to your liking. And not only is it mean, it's disrespectful to the country as a whole. We are proud to be Americans, no? Even if you don't want to admit it, you all cherish and utilize your freedom and rights to the max. Continue to utilize these freedoms, but be civil and understanding about each other.

Please, stop the name-calling, the reputation-ruining, and just all the bashing. Express your political opinions like the sophisticated, educated people with inquisitive, far-reaching minds that we are.

If you've made any mean remarks to any person in the news, whether it be politician, entertainer, or news anchor, you can repent right here on this board. I'd like to start...

Michael Moore, I understand your differences, and I respect them. I'm sorry for calling you names.

Jacques Chirac, I'm sure you're under a lot of pressure ruling France and all. I'm sorry for my mean remarks.

If you think this post is lame, click out! But let's all become model Americans, not ugly, desecrating people.

Keep it cool. :cool:

I believe that Teresa Heinz said something like this recently....then told a reporter to "shove it". Americans are hostile, even Mozambique-born potential first ladies. When one takes public office one has to expect that much more the a modicum of that hostility is going to be directed towards them.

I don't hate George Bush....I don't know the guy. I do know his public persona(cocky and smug), his stance on social issues(conservative and christian), and his foreign policy theory(shock and awe). It's those things I hate.

i understand where ur coming from tender, but when other ppl's opinions start affecting my life in a negative way, i think im entitled to hostile feelings.

I don't understand why people are so hostile. These interactions are less productive then reasonable debate. For example some people in my family seem to look down on me because I have different religious beliefs. it turns me off even more.

It is okay to disagree. And I have respect for people who have different views as long as their views are based on facts that they have questioned and ideas they have thought out. I have to admit I have been guilty of calling a certain filmmaker an idiot. I will try to be to be nicer, but the fact that this person seems to have no rational thoughts annoys me. :angry: Sorry! :(

Back