Sci-Fi The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005 movie)

ms.katejones said:
Is it just me or is the guy playong Arthur kind of cute? I have a thing for accents.
[post="1316971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
YES lol. I am an obsessed Martin fan. So yes. :D He's adorable. But you can't have him becaus I already stole him. :D ;) jk

He's from Aldershot. :smiley:

Ohhh yum.

GAHH I NEED SOMEONE TO GO SEE THIS WITH ME TONIGHT! :( :cry: *whine*

Oh PS: I recommend seeing the UK version of The Office (amazing show) -- you will go totally gaga over Martin in that. :smiley:

Oh yeah and he was in Love Actually, tho people hardly recognize him in it. ^_^ Played the sex scene double. :D

Leslie said:
YES lol. I am an obsessed Martin fan. So yes. :D He's adorable. But you can't have him becaus I already stole him. :D ;) jk

He's from Aldershot. :smiley:

Ohhh yum.

GAHH I NEED SOMEONE TO GO SEE THIS WITH ME TONIGHT! :( :cry: *whine*

Oh PS: I recommend seeing the UK version of The Office (amazing show) -- you will go totally gaga over Martin in that. :smiley:

Oh yeah and he was in Love Actually, tho people hardly recognize him in it. ^_^ Played the sex scene double. :D
[post="1321021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just KNEW I had seen him before. But there were so many people in Love Actually it's hard to keep them all staright.

I can't find anyone to see this w/ me either. The guys all wanna go see XXX and the girls wanna see A Lot Like Love.

I saw it on thursday..if you can't find anyone to go with..go by yourself...worth it...i loved it...apart from zaphod

the movie was good its more for ppl that havent read the book but coz the stuff a fuw thing up and left stuff out that they could have ezyerly but in but apart for that it is a good movie still like it but a fuw diapointments

BennyBoy said:
the movie was good its more for ppl that havent read the book but coz the stuff a fuw thing up and left stuff out that they could have ezyerly but in but apart for that it is a good movie still like it but a fuw diapointments
[post="1324983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah i agree about that...definitely more for people who haven't read the book. its not quite as dry or sarcastic as the book but its tried its best to work with the current generation. Zaphod was completely overplayed...not sure why they felt it necessary to have him like that. Martin Freeman was excellent as arthur and of course marvin is just like the cutest depressed robot ever.

and ford is meant to be white not black well that how it is in the book and the tv show coz he is meant to fit in straigh way but meh and it not meant to be a ring it supose to be a hand held thing to get them to the ship and the is meant to be like 3 ships not like s*** loads like there was

BennyBoy said:
and ford is meant to be white not black well that how it is in the book and the tv show coz he is meant to fit in straigh way but meh and it not meant to be a ring it supose to be a hand held thing to get them to the ship and the is meant to be like 3 ships not like s*** loads like there was
[post="1326348"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think Ford's race is central to his character, seeing as how he's actually an alien. As long as they get the personality that's what matters.

As for the large number of ships, I think they did that because it was visually more powerful than just one.

I FINALLY SAW IT! lol I forgot to post here (I posted on my LJ tho)... Saw it last Thursday (I'll never forget, being as it was Thursday, and Arthur never could get the hang of Thursdays). :D

Can I just say -- H2G2 is quite possibly the best movie I've seen all year! :D It was funny, cute, action-packed... it was perfect. Martin was AMAZING, as were Bill Nighy, Sam Rockwell, Mos Def and Alan Rickman. They were seriously all PERFECTLY cast. I'm still in awe of the casting... And Marvin, oh my sweet Marvin.. I just want to take him home and cuddle him to death. ^_^ :hug:

One of my favorite Marvin lines:
I don't know what you're all worried about. Vogons are the worst marksmen in the galaxy.
[he is shot in the back of the head]
Now I've got a headache.
Not to mention, he is so KYOOOT! lol yes, I even spelled it horrendously to show just how cute I find him. ;)

Argh!

I hated it!

I studied the books at high school, I've seen the original series, and the movie was 'right' in so many ways.

And yet, I left the theatre feeling so flat. I didn't laugh once. It was just missing something, and I really don't know what.

I think it would have been better if I had gone in with no knowledge of what it was all about.

I actually spent most of the movie daydreaming because I was so bored.

I saw it last wednesday with my friend Dan, and thought it was interesting, it was very funny but kinda weird and I left the cinema thinking "what was that movie really about? I mean it was funny, but I didn't really get it!" But it's well worth a watch! Martin's acting is great! He was so good! :D And I just loved the dolphin song! *sings* So long, so long, so long ... and thanks for the fish!" *stops singing* :throb: I just thought that bit was just hilarious!

lol marvin's great but i kinda imagined him to be more of a tin can robot than a like rounded thing thats cute..!! :lol:. films sometimes spoil those sorta things though.
very very very good movie though hehe :P loved it :D

omg my friend Scott and I went to see it again the other day and we cannot get that song out of our heads now! :lol: It's his favorite part. ;)