The Hours (2002)

Title: The Hours

Tagline: The time to hide is over. The time to regret is gone. The time to live is now.

Genre: Drama

Director: Stephen Daldry

Cast: Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Meryl Streep, Stephen Dillane, Miranda Richardson, George Loftus, Charley Ramm, Sophie Wyburd, Lyndsey Marshal, Linda Bassett, Christian Coulson, Michael Culkin, John C. Reilly, Toni Collette, Ed Harris, Allison Janney, Claire Danes, Jeff Daniels, Jack Rovello, Eileen Atkins, Margo Martindale

Release: 2002-12-27

Runtime: 114

Plot: "The Hours" is the story of three women searching for more potent, meaningful lives. Each is alive at a different time and place, all are linked by their yearnings and their fears. Their stories intertwine, and finally come together in a surprising, transcendent moment of shared recognition.
The Hours (2002)

The Hours is a story of three women searching for more potent, meaningful lives. Each is alive at a different time and place; all are linked by their yearnings and fears. This is a brief overview of the movie and novel whilst not giving away the ending! It won Best Picture at the Golden Globes (along with Best Actress) and is up for best picture at the Oscers alone with other nominees (9 total).

Virginia Woolf- In a suburb of London in the early 1920s, is battling insanity as she begins her first novel, Mrs. Dalloway. (Nicole Kidman)

Laura Brown- a wife and mother in Los Angeles at the end of World War II; she is reading Mrs. Dalloway, and finds the novel so prolific she is contemplating a very destructive decision.(Julianne Moore)

Clarrisa Vaughan- is a contemporary version of Woolfs character Mrs. Dalloway. She lives in New York City and is in love with her best friend Richard who suffers from AIDS.(Meryl Streep)

Anyone who has seen it or wants to see it post replies here!
Thanks to The Hours Official Site for providing info.

I was really looking forward to seeing it, but they're not releasing it at the theatre here! It makes me very mad! :angry: And, they took Chicago out early, so I missed that too. Grr....

I saw the hours a few days ago.
really good!
very interesting, all the storys connecting with eachother, all the crazy women.
what i didnt like much, although important for the story, was all the women/women kisses.
i think there has been a overexposure of this.
lately in most movies, two woman cant be simply friends anymore.
and besides that, i liked that meryl streep's character was called Clarissa Vaughan

I have not seen this movie yet. As I read your thoughts for this movie, I think it just a wastage of time...

Amazingly I have missed watching The Hours movie. I have just read IMDB movie review. It looks the movie is based on some unique story to give a look to. Whatever the women did with each other in the movie I will still like to analyze the worth of watching this movie my own-self. I think the movie won't be a disappointment to me.