Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

The Hours

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Irina Bristow, Mar 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Irina Bristow

Irina Bristow Rocket Ranger

The Hours is a story of three women searching for more potent, meaningful lives. Each is alive at a different time and place; all are linked by their yearnings and fears. This is a brief overview of the movie and novel whilst not giving away the ending! It won Best Picture at the Golden Globes (along with Best Actress) and is up for best picture at the Oscers alone with other nominees (9 total).

Virginia Woolf- In a suburb of London in the early 1920s, is battling insanity as she begins her first novel, Mrs. Dalloway. (Nicole Kidman)

Laura Brown- a wife and mother in Los Angeles at the end of World War II; she is reading Mrs. Dalloway, and finds the novel so prolific she is contemplating a very destructive decision.(Julianne Moore)

Clarrisa Vaughan- is a contemporary version of Woolfs character Mrs. Dalloway. She lives in New York City and is in love with her best friend Richard who suffers from AIDS.(Meryl Streep)

Anyone who has seen it or wants to see it post replies here!
    Thanks to The Hours Official Site for providing info.

2. Victoria King

Victoria King Rocket Ranger

i really want to see this! it looks soo good, but it isnt at the movie theatres here, which is very sad!

3. Kara

Kara eternally nostalgic

I was really looking forward to seeing it, but they're not releasing it at the theatre here! It makes me very mad! :mad: And, they took Chicago out early, so I missed that too. Grr....

4. allaliasallthetime

allaliasallthetime Rocket Ranger

This movie was ok...I liked how there was a real twist at the end of it. Kinda freaky but i liked it.lol