The Intel inside of a Mac.. Wow!

Actually, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting an ibook.

They don't carry them anymore, just macbooks which are much more expensive. (my sister just got an ibook for 1600, and according to her, she would have spent around another 600 for a macbook)

I don't think they ever put an intel chip inside an ibook before they got rid of them.

:P

I'm just happy with Max OS X.... based on the Mach BSD kernel, so I can install Apache, MySQL, PHP and turn it into a server. That's all I need from a Smack'n'toss.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by tasoli@Jun 12 2006, 04:51 AM
Mac finally figured out their processors suck.
I think their previous processors were made by motorola.

I never really cared how fast macs were, but then again, I didn't really need much computer to play DR.

They sure are pretty though.

Yea no joke, I think that commercial is hilarious. However, I don't think any of you finished watching it.

Yeah I didn't even know there was an end.

That end would be funny, but the blue screen of death is characteristic of windows, not intel. A for effort, though.

Originally posted by Javewa@Jun 12 2006, 11:14 AM
Now the Mac is actually useful for SOMETHING! ^^
It's always been useful for something, just not computer processing.

Top 10 Great Uses for Your Old IMac (prior to Intel addition):

10) Bowling Ball
9) Giant Snowball Core
8) Catapult Ammunition
7) Trebuchet Ammunition
6) Donate to a Charity (so they can use it as one of the above)
5) Throw it at somebody
4) Store pencils and pens (in the vent holes on top)
3) Put clothes where the motherboard used to be and use it as a suitcase
2) Use the screen as a marker canvas and harvest the USB ports for spare parts
1) Paper Weight

for my ibook which couldn't run osx, so I had os 9.2, I always liked http://mac.the-underdogs.info/

apparently the-underdogs.org site is down "temporarily" and they host the macintosh garden, but anyway. If you have a mac and like old abandonware, that is a great site. the-underdogs.org hosts abandonware for windows, but I tend to find better games on the mac site.

I'm with Tasoli... the smoky/clear case mac's are also useful as fish tanks, especially the older, non-flat panel Studio Monitors.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Jaraeth@Jun 12 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm with Tasoli... the smoky/clear case mac's are also useful as fish tanks, especially the older, non-flat panel Studio Monitors.

~ Jaraeth
Never thought of that! Thanks :D

Originally posted by tasoli+Jun 13 2006, 07:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tasoli @ Jun 13 2006, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jaraeth@Jun 12 2006, 10:42 PM

~ Jaraeth
Never thought of that! Thanks :D [/b][/quote]
They actually have websites showing you how to make a fishtank out of an old mac. It's a pretty popular thing to do.

I kinda wish we still had our old LC575 now. I'd totally make one.

Although I bet you can get one on ebay for a handful of bucks.. I'm gonna check!

Yeah there's one for 25 dollaz, and another 30 for shipping to NH...

I've never understood the hype with Macs? WTF can they DO? Nothing special, except NOT work right with anything cool. I don' think the ---- things even have solitare. The only time I've ever used a mac was at my old high-school 4 years ago. The fact that the ---- things don't have a right-click was enough to make me start blowing smoke out of my ears. F#%k macs. PC ftw.

Originally posted by Daax@Jun 14 2006, 06:51 AM
I've never understood the hype with Macs? WTF can they DO? Nothing special, except NOT work right with anything cool. I don' think the ---- things even have solitare. The only time I've ever used a mac was at my old high-school 4 years ago. The fact that the ---- things don't have a right-click was enough to make me start blowing smoke out of my ears. F#%k macs. PC ftw.
Macs support right clicking now, they've always had solitare, and they're extremely user friendly. PCs are harder to learn, windows is full of bugs and it easily gets spyware and viruses..

I don't understand what you mean by not working with anything cool.. There are plenty of games for macs, I mean, games were originally made for macs back in the day, and they're catching up now. If that's not what you meant, macs can use most other popular drawing/animation programs, like photoshop and flash..

So.. I don't see why people don't get macs. I've always loved them, they kinda just feel like... family.

PCs just feel.. like a machine.

Okay yeah, I'm completely weird.

Yeah, PC is harder to learn because there is ALOT more stuff to do. And PC is very new-user friendly. they've got tutorials for everything.

PC only has more bugs and spyware because there is literally thousands of things out there for it and people catch thes bugs and stuff because they don't take care of their comps.

And most importantly, macs just don't have the same amount of games than the pc. Macs just aren't special in any way.

I can hardly say PCs are user friendly. I'm pretty smart and I taught myself how to use a mac in a few weeks (back when I was little and we first got a computer). PCs still give me felgercarb.

For example, to close a window on a mac, you do (applesign is alt on mac) alt-Q. I've been using PCs for like, three years now, and I don't even know if you CAN close a window like that. Besides that, I can't just figure a lot of things out on my own on a PC. I don't want to have to rely on tutorials to use a box with pictures in it.

Apple has made giant strides in the past (five or six?) years. I don't think it will stop.

Anyway, in the end, to each his own. But you can't really put something down unless you know it pretty well. Use a mac for a few years, and then tell me.

So I'm gonna eat this icecreamemem now. (Breyers Snickers mmmmm)

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Jun 14 2006, 10:20 AM
For example, to close a window on a mac, you do (applesign is alt on mac) alt-Q. I've been using PCs for like, three years now, and I don't even know if you CAN close a window like that. Besides that, I can't just figure a lot of things out on my own on a PC. I don't want to have to rely on tutorials to use a box with pictures in it.

Alt-F4 closes a window in Windows.

I cannot make a comment on the macs having never used them. I do think they look kinda cute with all their smoothness and colours, so I might get one as a pet for my Dell at some stage.

I have never encountered any real problems with microsoft systems: I taught myself to use them, and can do pretty much anything I would actually want to on them with no difficulty.

People complain that there are lots of security issues with microsoft systems, but I suspect a lot of that is due to there being more microsoft users than Apple users.

If 2% of all people are hackers, and 70% of all people use Microsoft, how many hackers use macs?

Originally posted by crisisfox@Jun 14 2006, 06:49 AM
Alt-F4 closes a window in Windows.

I cannot make a comment on the macs having never used them. I do think they look kinda cute with all their smoothness and colours, so I might get one as a pet for my Dell at some stage.

I have never encountered any real problems with microsoft systems: I taught myself to use them, and can do pretty much anything I would actually want to on them with no difficulty.

People complain that there are lots of security issues with microsoft systems, but I suspect a lot of that is due to there being more microsoft users than Apple users.

If 2% of all people are hackers, and 70% of all people use Microsoft, how many hackers use macs?
See, how the heck am I supposed to know Alt-F4 closes a window?

Of course they're cute. I think a big reason Macs came back was because women were like "AWW I WANT A PRETTY COLORFUL COMPUTER" and made their husbands buy them. :P (Yeah, I'm the kind of girl that thinks women should be housewives and sit around and cook/clean all day while the men slave at work, but I think that's partially because I'm lazy and that is how I want to live.)

I don't doubt that you can do anything you want to on them, but macs can do quite a bit too. Actually I can't really think of much a mac can't do.. I mean, they can emulate windows if you really NEED windows, and especially now since they have intel chips, you can actually put windows on it..

And I never said why macs don't have viruses, but even so. Who would want to ruin a cute little thing like that? PCs, have at it. They're wicked freggen ugly.

Back