The Invaders - Season 1 now on DVD

Viktor Kuprin

Spaced Cadet
The Invaders - Season 1 was released on DVD this week in the USA.

The Invaders, alien beings from a dying planet. Their destination: the Earth. Their purpose: to make it their world. David Vincent has seen them. For him, it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a shortcut that he never found. It began with a closed deserted diner, and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey. It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy. Now David Vincent knows that the Invaders are here, that they have taken human form. Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare has already begun.

One of my favorite series on TV from the 1960s, The Invaders combined science fiction, horror, and suspense as it portrayed one man's struggle against a covert invasion by ruthless aliens. The first season's soundtrack composed by Dominic Frontiere still gives me the chills. And the episode where a high-level alien leader was played by actor Michael Rennie (yes, who also played Klaatu in The Day The Earth Stood Still), well, that was total class!

[
Invaders_saucer_landing.jpg

I remember it well.
How all his friends and people who he finally convinced of the threat, all died of a seemingly natural cerebral hemorrhage.
We all know they had that little do-hickie placed on the back of their head while some other "baddie" distracted them.
Thrilling, that they could easily do such a thing. It made their existence seem very plausible. Especially at my age then.

A metaphor for "Black-Ops", and "Goon-Squads" ?

One of my favorite series on TV from the 1960s, The Invaders combined science fiction, horror, and suspense as it portrayed one man's struggle against a covert invasion by ruthless aliens. The first season's soundtrack composed by Dominic Frontiere still gives me the chills. And the episode where a high-level alien leader was played by actor Michael Rennie (yes, who also played Klaatu in The Day The Earth Stood Still), well, that was total class!
I don't think I've seen it before! :eek: Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

First Wave
The general synopsis is certainly similar. But it is generic enough to also describe something like The Arrival.

Back