The Lake

The Lake

Syd/Vaughn + some Sarkney (but it's only for a bit of time) + some Nadia/Weiss
AU Three parts (not three one parters, but 3 parts with many chapters) - Sydney is 16, Michael is 18. Sydney and Michael meet at The Lake as they have every year before, but things may change the first summer.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my laptop and my camera. But I do own the plot...

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
LATEST CHAPTER (Chapter 8+9)

Part 1

Chapter 1

“Nadia! Turn down your music!” Sydney screamed at her twin sister as they were driving to their summer house.

Every year, it was their family’s holiday – the children, Nadia and Sydney, would spend their summer at the lake house. The parents would be there for the first week or two, and then stop by on weekends when they had work off.

“Sydney, please don’t tell your sister what to do.” Jack Bristow groaned from the driver’s seat.

“But dad, I can hear every part of the song. It’s so loud,” Sydney sighed. “And look at her, she can’t even hear what we’re saying right now.”

They were twins. Weren’t twins supposed to be the same? In fact, these two were completely different. They looked nothing like each other, they listened to different music, wore different clothes, liked different guys, and had completely different personalities. It was a wonder they were even related.

“Alright.” Jack sighed. Laura, waved into the back seat to get Nadia’s attention. In a few moments, she took out her headphones and groaned.

“What’s up?” Nadia asked.

“Sweetie, we don’t want you to go deaf any time soon, so please turn down your music,” Laura said politely.

“Mom, this is Big D and the Kids Table, you can’t listen to that quietly; it’s loud music,” Nadia groaned and turned her music down a notch, barely noticeable to her parents. Sydney heard the distinct sound of trumpets coming from her headphones. At least it isn’t angry ‘I’m-going-to-kill-my-parents’ music, she thought to herself.

Laura sighed and turned back to the front.

“When we get to the lake, the first thing I’m going to do is go down to the beach and tan for a while.”

“That sounds great sweetheart,” Laura sighed.

After a few minutes of silence in the car, Sydney began to drift off in her thoughts of a certain someone that she always thought about when they were going to the lake.

The Vaughns owned the cottage down the road from the Bristows. Their families had run in the same circles for many generations, and their children had always become friends. Their son Michael was 18 this year and heading off to university when the summer was out. Sydney had always had a crush on Michael, but he had never figured it out; nothing could happen though, because he was 2 years older than her and thought of her as ‘a friend’ or ‘little sister’.

This year, Sydney was determined to move on, find someone better, more her age, and who likes her as more than a friend. Maybe this was her year.

It really might be, she thought to herself. In the past year, she had had her first real boyfriend, real kiss, and her body had grown… new (and fantastic) curves. Maybe there was someone at the lake who would actually want her for once. She was tired of being the kid sister.

This year will be different.

This year will be better.

This year, she was a councilor for the tennis camp, which Michael had talked her into helping out with. Oh, why didn’t I think of this before? I’m going to have to get over him, while working with him every weekday? This is going to be impossible… she thought.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw the lake up over the hill, on the horizon. She sighed and instantly, all worries had faded away.

This summer would be one that she would never forget.

The chapters will be getting longer after this. I promise. This was just an introductory chapter! :D

Please comment, and feel free to ask for a PM. I will be sending them out... when they work (there are bad days)...

Looks good to me
So does this mean that Vaughn hasn't seen her in a year??/
If not, guess he's in for a big suprise since she's grown up a bit

please keep me on your pm list

this looks like its going to be great.. i really hate the whole idea of sarkney but its ok as long as vaughn comes in sooner or later.. :D..

PMs please..

update soon

Back