The Lake

I'm only updating here today. Normally I update at both SD-1 and here at the same time, but they're being punished. I had 2 pages of people comment on the first chapter, and it went dramatically down for the second, but the third? not even a full page. I'm disappointed in them.

But for the good part, I saw Sam Roberts last night. Do you know who he is? Well, he's a Canadian boy who's GORGEOUS (my type 100%) and a great singer. And in the middle of 'Don't Walk Away Eileen' it started pouring! It was AWESOME! :woot:

Also, on July 2nd I stepped on his toe by accident in an ice cream parlour near my cottage... interesting? I think so. :D What was he doing in the small - minescule - town of Bala, Ontario? (he was playing a show, that's what!)

Chapter 4

The dance was already in full swing by the time the Bristow’s arrived. Sydney watched Michael and his friend Eric from across the room for a few minutes before Lauren came up behind her, “He’s more gorgeous than ever, isn’t he?”

Sydney felt her cheeks flush. Lauren always had this way of keeping her off balance, “Uh, yeah, gorgeous,” Sydney murmured, trying to quit blushing.

“Don’t you just want to eat him up?”

“Uh, not really…”

“Come on,” Lauren elbowed her side, “You do, everyone does.”

“Uh, not really.”

“Oh, yeah? Who doesn’t?”

“Nadia,” Sydney said.

“Well, of course not. She’s a freak.”

Sydney gasped, “Excuse me? My sister is not a freak.”

“Yeah, she is!” Lauren scoffed, “She’s dating Eric Weiss. He’s not hot at all; he’s that dorky cute.”

“So, day camp starts tomorrow,” Michael said from behind them. “You’re still gonna be co-counselor with me, Syd?”

“Yeah, of course!” she said enthusiastically. Lauren looked at her, it looked like she was burning her with her eyes.

“Hey Syd, Vaughn,” Weiss came up beside them. Nadia was next to him, his arm around her waist, “How was your year, Syd?”

“Good, how was yours?”

“Well, it was weird, going to a new school and all that stuff, but it worked out for the best.”

“Good to hear.”

Lauren sighed, “I’m going to go over there,” she pointed at the opposite side of the room, “and talk to them.”

“Okay, sure.” Michael said.

“See you, then.”

“Hey guys!” Julian Sark walked up to them, “Did Lauren just leave? I thought I saw her over here.”

“Yeah, she went over there,” Sydney said, pointing at Lauren, who was talking to some other lake kids who now had fake smiles on their faces.

“You still like her?” Weiss asked Julian.

He blushed, “What? I don’t like Lauren,” he squeaked.

“Whatever you say, Jules,” Sydney said.

“Well, I’ll see you guys later,” he said before walking off towards Lauren.

“I don’t understand why he likes her,” Sydney sighed, “He’s nice, and she’s just… horrible.”

“I know what you mean,” Michael sighed, “He totally worships her. Always has, it’s pretty obvious.”

“It’s really obvious to Lauren; she takes advantage of him any chance she gets.”

“If he was taken, I’d bet she’d want him. Don’t you think?” Sydney laughed.

“We’ve got the entire summer to watch and see how things play out,” Michael sighed.

“Hey, guys,” Nadia said, “We’re gonna dace for a bit.”

“Okay, see you later,” Sydney said with a smile. Nadia really seemed to care for Weiss. It was completely different than she’d ever been with anyone else. Normally she went for the ‘punk’ or ‘skater’ boys; but Weiss was the class clown type. And he worshiped her, too.

“They’re cute, aren’t they?” Sydney asked Michael.

“Yeah, they’re good for each other. Weiss’ kind of liked her for the past two years, but she made the first move.”

“Really? Nadia didn’t tell me… then again, she doesn’t tell me much about her dating life.”

“Really? I wouldn’t have guessed that. You’re twins, so I thought you guys told each other everything.” Michael said with surprise.

“Contrary to popular belief, not all twins are like that. We both have our fair share of secrets.”

“Oooh, secrets? Tell me some. You deepest darkest ones.” Michael said with a teasing smile.

“Okay,” Sydney blushed, “Well, I have this one. But I can’t tell you unless you dance with me.”

He smiled and held out his hand, “Let’s dance, then.”

They walked onto the dance floor and wrapped their arms around each other tightly and they swayed to the music.

Too young to fall
For a light I think I see
Can't say for sure
The plants have died,
My hair has grown
From the thought of you
Coming home

Cuz it ain't easier
Waking up at dawn
To find I lost my crown
If I found you there
With flowers in your hair

I'd hold you in my arms
Till we came back down
A smile that explodes
I could never understand

After two songs in each others arms, Michael finally spoke, “Want to get some air?”

Sydney just nodded and they headed outside. “It’s gorgeous out tonight.”

“It really is,” he said distantly.

“I love it here. When the summer’s over, I don’t want to leave. I never want to leave.”

They found a bench on the porch and sat together, “Do you ever think about things you know you shouldn’t be thinking about?” he asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“I don’t know. I just… can’t stop thinking, and wishing that I had this one thing, but it’ll never happen. It can’t happen.”

“What can’t happen?” Sydney asked curiously.

“This,” he said, waving between the two of them, “I want to, so bad, but it’s just…” he sighed and then suddenly kissed her.

Sydney was taken completely by surprise and felt his lips on hers. He tasted like the coke he had just finished before dancing with her. His lips were so soft and smooth and gentle. She started kissing back when he pulled away. His eyes were full of passion and hers were full of surprise. Getting over him is going to be much harder than I thought.

A/N: Lyrics – A Smile That Explodes: Joseph Arthur

A spoiler for y'all, because I'm in a good mood.
“You don’t want to deal with all the little girls with crushes on you, right?”

Michael blushed, “Well, you saw what happened last year, didn’t you? They were flocking.”

Sydney laughed again, “They were flocking?”

“Uh huh,” he nodded, “flocking!”

awww they kissed now syd is never going to get over him
but i think thats a good thing he he he
hey i like the spoiler to
hey i forgot i dont think im on the pm list so can u ad me if im not

~amber~buy :D

oops, i forgot to post the pm list.

Meljay
laura_vaughn
Silvinha
Aliaschick347
grassyass
catfishally
Alwazabrat
EnglandAddict2020
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Jen-Jen

alias_chick_47
fox_canada
UndercoverPhoenix47
jadeygirl
oooRevesDouxooo
sydneymicheal
KAliasGirl
SydneyVaughn47
gregstar
smartgirl2004

Ms.MichaelVaughn
tubby
cookiemonster
vaughnroxmysox
amlynac
LittleNicky
cookiesncreamdream
Addicted 2 Alias
Syd4Vaughn
Lily Ella

texasalias2004
MH55995
vaughnshoney
sydney_alias_vaughn
sparklingrainbow
Michael_Vartan_Rocks
Spydrummer06
dandan
lady alias
littleangel

derevkointraining
vaughnsgurl4lf
ballerina
gtwallichs
mnkdance963
xMountineer02300844x
iheartvaughn
SpygirlAmy
seevanw
fire*N*ice

Julia47Thorne
ChrisM
AliasSydney502
xxaliasluverxx
aliasfan212
alias#1
angels_fire_88
laura_vaughn
Alias_Angel
funkymonkey

kittykatsmeow
Chicketepee
Catpin
aprilsfool6
tunita
Kate_14
loane
frangipani
ambre

yep getting over him is gonna be very hard now
he kissed her :D
but why wouldn't it work??
thanks for the update and pm
i can't wait for more
update really soon
thanks

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

That was great ... aww soo cute ... hehe aww he likes her and he kissed her ... love that Syd stood up for Nadia ... aww poor Julian ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
that was SO great!!
PLEASE let it work out between them so that they end up going out!?
lauren seems way to judegemental about people! :(
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D
update soon :smiley:

OK now why would Vaughn think that they couldn't work!!
-Syd better not be stupid and agree with him...she better tell him that they can and will work!!!! :D
Great update!! LOVED IT!! Thanks for the pm!!!

So much for saying nothing can go on between you two, Michael. How is Sydney going to fight her crush now?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Why would Vaughn think they the two of them will not work??? :angry: They are perfect together....and hope this time around they will realise that they are menat to be together.... :blush: :blush:

Back