The Lake

hey guys, sorry for not updating. i'm just SO stressed about starting university on the 6th and moving on the 1st. i also have a crappy computer with an even crappier keyboard that i can't stand typing on. i'm getting a new computer on the 1st, but don't know when i'll have internet at my new place. when i get the new laptop i'll type up an update and post it asap.

:love:
~anja

Hey...great fic (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) ...but when are ya gonna update??? If possible, ADD ME TO THE PM LIST PLEASE??? ^_^

thanks....and i hope your uni days get better!! :smiley:

I finally got internet at home, so I’m actually able to update! :D I miss updating fics. Soon I’ll have the others with new pieces, just wait. School’s going really well. I love my classes. There’s nothing better than art’s school. No math or science! :smiley: So, please review, it’ll make me happy, and I’ll update sooner! ;)

Previously; I started the second part of the fic. It’s a new summer. Nadia is going to tell Weiss that she loves him, and Sydney’s more mature and experienced.

Chapter 2

“Syd, hey!” Vaughn called from down the beach.

“Oh, hey Vaughn!” Sydney said eagerly.

“How are you?” he asked when he reached her.

Nadia coughed from her spot on the sand next to Sydney, “Oh, hey Nadia!” Michael said politely with a blush, “I saw Weiss pulling into the driveway of his cabin a few minutes ago…”

“Really?” she asked with a smile, “Well, I’ll leave you two alone then. See you later!” she said as she picked up her towel and rushed off.

“So how was school this year?” Sydney asked.

“Not too bad. How about you?” he asked.

“Well, my English teacher is encouraging me to go into writing. I guess you were right,” she said with a smile. “I’m going to do it. I’ve decided. Next year I’m taking any writing course I can.”

“Good for you, Syd. That’s great!” Michael said with excitement. Is it me, or is she more mature this summer? Michael wondered.

He pulled her into a hug and breathed in her scent of vanilla and strawberry, “I missed you over the summer,” Sydney said, pulling him out of his little bubble.

Vaughn coughed, embarrassed that he had just smelled one of his best friends, “I really missed you too.”

“It’s hard, seeing each other every day in the summer, but not seeing each other for the rest of the year.”

“I know what you mean,” Michael groaned.

“We need to get together sometime this year. Nadia’s going to be visiting Weiss a lot during the year. Maybe I could join her a few times,” she suggested.

Vaughn smiled at her, “I’d like that,” he said happily. “What have your parents said about the whole writing thing?” he asked.

“My mother’s being supportive, but you know my dad. He’s trying to get me to do anything but writing. He wants me to do something more reliable; something more… generic. But I keep telling him that I’m not interested.”

“Good for you,” Michael said.

“Yeah. I just… Sometimes I wish he could just be proud of me for what I do,” she sighed sadly. “He always seems disappointed in me; especially when I get my report cards. My English marks are always so high. Math? Business? Economics? Not so much.”

“I don’t know how he can be like that. I think it’s amazing of you to want to be a writer. I wish I had that kind of a skill.”

“Yeah, but you have the visual creativity. You’re going to design houses and buildings and stuff Vaughn, that’s pretty cool. Your parents must be proud of you.”

“I hope they are,” Vaughn laughed, “But you never know what they aren’t telling you.”

“I guess you’re right.”

“Hey, do you want to go sailing? The winds are picking up and it’s turning into quite the day on the water.”

“Sure, I’ll just grab some things inside. Wanna come for a minute?” she asked.

“I’ll meet you there in a minute, I have to grab a couple of things first.”

“Sure.”

A few minutes later Vaughn met Sydney inside the living room of her cottage. “Lifejackets?” Sydney asked.

Vaughn held up two lifejackets on his arm, “Check!” he said with a smile.

“Great, let’s go.”

“Michael? Is that you?” Laura called from the kitchen. “Sydney, where are you going?” she asked, “And where is your sister?”

“Nadia’s with Weiss, and Vaughn and I are going sailing, we’ll be back later.”

“Well, have a good time. Be home before dark!” she called out as Sydney and Vaughn rushed out the door.

PM LIST
Meljay

laura_vaughn

Silvinha

Aliaschick347

grassyass

catfishally

Alwazabrat

EnglandAddict2020

Syd&Vaughn4eva

Jen-Jen

alias_chick_47