Drama The Last Samurai (2003)

Kewii

April 27th
Title: The Last Samurai

Tagline: In the face of an enemy, in the heart of one man, lies the soul of a warrior.

Genre: Drama, Action, War

Director: Edward Zwick

Cast: Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe, Timothy Spall, Tony Goldwyn, Hiroyuki Sanada, Koyuki, Shin Koyamada, Billy Connolly, Togo Igawa, Shichinosuke Nakamura, Masato Harada, William Atherton, Chad Lindberg, Scott Wilson, Ray Godshall Sr., Masashi Odate, John Koyama, Satoshi Nikaido, Shintaro Wada, Shun Sugata, Sosuke Ikematsu, Aoi Minato, Seizô Fukumoto, Shoji Yoshihara, Kosaburo Nomura IV, Takashi Noguchi, Noguchi Takayuki, Sven Toorvald, Yuki Matsuzaki, Mitsuyuki Oishi, Jiro Wada, Hiroshi Watanabe, Yusuke Myochin, Hiroaki Amano, Kenta Daibo, Koji Fujii, Makoto Hashiba, Shimpei Horinouchi, Takashi Kora, Shane Kosugi, Takeshi Maya, Seiji Morita, Lee Murayama, Takeru Shimizu, Shinji Suzuki, Hisao Takeda, Ryoichiro Yonekura, Ryoichi Noguchi

Release: 2003-12-05

Runtime: 154

Plot: Nathan Algren is an American hired to instruct the Japanese army in the ways of modern warfare, which finds him learning to respect the samurai and the honorable principles that rule them. Pressed to destroy the samurai's way of life in the name of modernization and open trade, Algren decides to become an ultimate warrior himself and to fight for their right to exist.
The Last Samurai (2003)

I saw this on the weekend. It was excellent.
I really enjoyed it and I recommend it to everyone out there.

Did anyone else see it?

It was such an awesome movie...it was a tearjerker...and really great action but the thing that got me totally into this movie was the pride and honor of the japanese...its really something. And the costumes were great so was the cinematography..japan is beautiful.

i thought it dragged on in alot of places alot longer than it had to...it was basically the japanese version of dances with wolves, except not nearly as good.

AgentNicBristow said:
i thought it dragged on in alot of places alot longer than it had to...it was basically the japanese version of dances with wolves, except not nearly as good.
So you wouldn't reccomned it? I've never seen Dances with Wolves so I wouldn't know.

I've seen this movie a few weeks ago on DVD and totally loved it! It's so great to see how these people lived and to learn something about another culture. The Story is great an the actors are awesome. That was the first movie of Tom Cruise I really liked. :rolleyes:

poster.jpg

What do you think of this movie?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database