The last season for Michael Vartan on Alias

Dou you think season 4 its the last seson?

• No way, Vaughn is to important to the show and for Sydney.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

• I dont care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
julesvartan said:
Guys MV recently said this was the best experience of his life work wise. He doesn't think he can do better than this. So I think if he said he was done he was referring to after ALIAS is over that he might not act anymore.

I wouldn't freak out about this.
[post="1145637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I dont think so...

I hope that Mike leaves or his part gets eliminated because his character makes Sydney weak. :rolleyes:

Vaughn is a minor supporting character whose increased screen time came at the expense of better and more interesting characters: Jack, Sloane and Dixon. Vaughn squeezed out Will & Francie from Syd's life.

I would guess that JJ and the writers heard that Mike had a large number of devoted fans so they decided to change Sydney from being a strong & independent woman who could beat any man, into a weepy woman who needed Vaughn for emotional support. So they created the substandard Season 3 storyline that revolved around Vaughn causing grief for Sydney. He was the leech that sucked the life out of Sydney (and Alias).

I think that it is impossible to redeem his character.

As an actor Mike has few variations to his acting: I'm serious, I'm angry, I'm sorry, and I'm injured! :confused:

Sydney and Alias needs someone new and dynamic to replace the dullness that is Vaughn.

Omg SuperIntellegent One.

What has Michael ever done wrong to you??

You seem to have a real grudge against him??

I love MV as an actor.

Hell he is better than trashy Britney and Paris but that is just my personal opinion.

Alias is a "Dramatic'' show what would you like him to do smile or cry in each scene??

Dullness of Vaughn??

What bring back Lauren and she won't make it dull.

Ugh it makes me mad that people out there watch the show and don't like Vartan!!

If you don't like him why do you even watch the show??

For Jen!! Hell yes I do but the whole ensemble cast is great.

Admitteley S3 was not the best but I would say was better not worse than S1.

Season 2 I love so yeah.

End rant :smiley: ;)

MV Fan

superintelligentone said:
I hope that Mike leaves or his part gets eliminated because his character makes Sydney weak.  :rolleyes:

Vaughn is a minor supporting character whose increased screen time came at the expense of better and more interesting characters: Jack, Sloane and Dixon.  Vaughn squeezed out Will & Francie from Syd's life. 

I would guess that JJ and the writers heard that Mike had a large number of  devoted fans so they decided to change Sydney from being a strong & independent woman who could beat any man, into a weepy woman who needed Vaughn for emotional support.  So they created the substandard Season 3 storyline that revolved around Vaughn causing grief for Sydney.  He was the leech that sucked the life out of Sydney (and Alias).

As an actor Mike has few variations to his acting: I'm serious, I'm angry, I'm sorry, and I'm injured!  :confused: 

Sydney and Alias needs someone new and dynamic to replace the dullness that is Vaughn.
[post="1146900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Couldn't have said it any better ... (y) (y)

I don't MV will ever get killed. he will eb ther to the very last ep. Jj would never kill vaughn. he would piss off some manyVartan/Vaughn fans. and don't ever get me started on how many SV shippers would be pissed off.(including me) unless JJ wants to lose his show. I agree with Dani!!! What did MV ever do to you!!! and it would be a huge mistake to get rid of Vaughn and JJ knows that. I don't know why everyone hates Vaughn. yes he made some mistakes but he's human!! Vaughn's staying get over it!!!!

Dani 22 01 1979 said:
Omg SuperIntellegent One.

What has Michael ever done wrong to you??

You seem to have a real grudge against him??

I love MV as an actor.

Hell he is better than trashy Britney and Paris but that is just my personal opinion.

Alias is a "Dramatic'' show what would you like him to do smile or cry in each scene??

Dullness of Vaughn??

What bring back Lauren and she won't make it dull.

Ugh it makes me mad that people out there watch the show and don't like Vartan!!

If you don't like him why do you even watch the show??

For Jen!! Hell yes I do but the whole ensemble cast is great.

Admitteley S3 was not the best but I would say was better not worse than S1.

Season 2 I love so yeah.

End rant :smiley: ;)

MV Fan
what you said (y)

(superintelligentone @ Jan 6 2005, 03:26 AM)
I hope that Mike leaves or his part gets eliminated because his character makes Sydney weak. 

Vaughn is a minor supporting character whose increased screen time came at the expense of better and more interesting characters: Jack, Sloane and Dixon.  Vaughn squeezed out Will & Francie from Syd's life. 

I would guess that JJ and the writers heard that Mike had a large number of  devoted fans so they decided to change Sydney from being a strong & independent woman who could beat any man, into a weepy woman who needed Vaughn for emotional support.  So they created the substandard Season 3 storyline that revolved around Vaughn causing grief for Sydney.  He was the leech that sucked the life out of Sydney (and Alias).

As an actor Mike has few variations to his acting: I'm serious, I'm angry, I'm sorry, and I'm injured!   

I'm really tired of reading this guy's trashing of Michael Vartan for the character he plays. He's been doing this since the Foley/Garner breakup. Get a life, Superintelligentone! You obviously need one!

I would guess that JJ and the writers heard that Mike had a large number of  devoted fans so they decided to change Sydney from being a strong & independent woman who could beat any man, into a weepy woman who needed Vaughn for emotional support. 
[post="1146900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Huh?

Syd has always been a weepy woman from the very first episode. Yes, she maybe able to take someone down with a punch but she has always very weepy and emotional.

Listen to why you some of you girls like Vaughn - because he is cute or hot? Tell me why he is a good character on the show. What does he do that a new character can't.

Why do I watch Alias? Because the show is about Sydney as an agent. To watch Alias because of Vaughn is like watching Star Trek for Dr. McCoy or Mr. Scott! It's like watching Buffy because you like Mr. Giles or Xander! Alias has never had Vaughn being as important as Syd.

I like Jennifer's personality and I like Sydney's character. That makes her unique. I don't like her for her body as the girls seem to like Mike. If I wanted to see a good body, I'd ask for someone like Heidi Klum.

From the moment that he was introduced, Vaughn was a jerk. He looked down on Syd. To this day he thinks that he is better than her in intelligence and as an agent. If JJ wants Vaughn's character to bring hurt and misery into Syd's life then he's doing a good job. If he is supposed to be a soulmate, then that isn't coming through.

It's not a matter of me hating his character. I might speak more about his flaws that others, but there are many anti-Vaughn people and anti S/V shippers who feel the same way. Most of these people are females, so it isn't a matter of me being a guy who doesn't understand Vaughn. These girls tell of how they resent Vaughn being shoved down their throat as Syd's supposed soulmate when they can't see why she should even like him. These girls want Vaughn gone as much as me.

Jack and Sloane don't vary their characters much, but they have the power to captivate that Vaughn doesn't remotely have. Even Dixon at his most wooden, has a dignity of character that Vaughn lacks.

I like Sydney having a heart; it is part of her. But I don't like her being a crying mess, which is what bothers people who don't like her character.

Katyray, it bothered me when people suggested Vartan was better for Jennifer than Scott. Scott came across as a more personable guy during interviews. Implying that Syd and Vaughn seem to be great on the show is not a reason for thinking the real people should be together.

Listen to why you some of you girls like Vaughn - because he is cute or hot? Tell me why he is a good character on the show. What does he do that a new character can't.

Why do I watch Alias? Because the show is about Sydney as an agent. To watch Alias because of Vaughn is like watching Star Trek for Dr. McCoy or Mr. Scott! It's like watching Buffy because you like Mr. Giles or Xander! Alias has never had Vaughn being as important as Syd.

I like Jennifer's personality and I like Sydney's character. That makes her unique. I don't like her for her body as the girls seem to like Mike. If I wanted to see a good body, I'd ask for someone like Heidi Klum.

From the moment that he was introduced, Vaughn was a jerk. He looked down on her. To this day he thinks that he is better than her in intelligence and as an agent. If JJ wants Vaughn's character to bring hurt and misery into Syd's life then he's doing a good job. If he is supposed to be a soulmate, then that isn't coming through.

It's not a matter of me hating his character. I might speak more about his flaws that others, but there are many anti-Vaughn people and anti S/V shippers who feel the same way. Most of these people are females, so it isn't a matter of me being a guy who doesn't understand Vaughn. These girls tell of how they resent Vaughn being shoved down their throat as Syd's supposed soulmate when they can't see why she should even like him. These girls want Vaughn gone as much as me.

I like Sydney having a heart; it is part of her. But I don't like her being a crying mess, which is what bothers people who don't like her character.

Katyray, it bothered me when people suggested Vartan was better for Jennifer than Scott. Scott came across as a more personable guy during interviews. Implying that Syd and Vaughn seem to be great on the show is not a reason for thinking the real people should be together.

I need you do something for me. Repeat after me. "It's just a tv show. It's just a tv show."

To suggest any of us on here simply like Vartan/Vaughn simply because he is cute or hot is an insult. That is like me suggesting that the only reason you like Syd/Garner is because she is easy on the eyes. Why do I like the character of Vaughn? I think his character is sweet, understanding, and compassionate. All things Syd needed at the time when they first met. And where did you come up with the idea that Vaughn thinks he is better than Syd at intelligence? To say your example is terrible is an understatement. He wasn't trying flex his CIA muscle. He was giving Syd a reality check. She thought that sd-6 would be down within a few months. She needed to be shown that this assignement was going to take awhile. Quite frankly, if anybody thought they were the better intelligence officer, it was Syd. Remember how she got ticked off and started yelling? Accusing Vaughn, of not taking her seriously simply because she was a woman? And why? Because he was telling her the way they would communicate. Yes, how dare the he? You would think that it was his job to do such things! Oh wait a second! That was his job! But still yes how dare he. Bastard. End of sarcasm.

Now am I saying you have to like Vaughn? No. It's a free country. I personally don't think Sark is the badass that his fans make him out to be. I don't hate him. I just don't think he is as amazing as he is made out to be. We all have different tastes. Doesn't mean we have to insult others who don't agree with our tastes.

The whole Foley/Vartan argument is between you and katyray. I'm not going to touch it. Both men seem like decent men and apparently Jennifer thought so as well.

Finally, what the hell are you doing here? You don't like Vaughn. You don't like Vartan. Why go to his fan threads? I am not a fan of Melissa George or her character. Therefore, I don't go to Lauren/George threads. I'm not a fan of either but I certainly respect those that do. Going into a fan thread and insulting either the character/actress is also insulting her fans who have the right to discuss Lauren/George without being harrassed.

That is all. I mean, no personal disrespect to anyone. I'm just expressing my opinion. I have nothing against Jennifer Garner before you accuse me of being a Garner hater. And I do like the character of Sydney. Frankly, I don't think this thread should even be here since it does seem to promote gossip but that is a mod issue I suppose. Just my opinion doesn't mean it is the law of the land.

ETA: Just to clarify. I'm not insulted by the fact that you don't like Vaughn or even Vartan. That is a matter of personal taste. I'm insulted by the suggestion that the only reason why me or any of us on this thread like Vaughn/Vartan is simply because of his looks. Now do I giggle when he ends up shirtless? Hell yeah. Just like I am sure you giggled when Garner was stripped down to her underwear in the S4 premiere. Nothing is wrong with neither.

angel_audie said:
I need you do something for me.  Repeat after me.  "It's just a tv show.  It's just a tv show." 

To suggest any of us on here simply like Vartan/Vaughn simply because he is cute or hot is an insult.  That is like me suggesting that the only reason you like Syd/Garner is because she is easy on the eyes.  Why do I like the character of Vaughn?  I think his character is sweet, understanding, and compassionate.  All things Syd needed at the time when they first met.  And where did you come up with the idea that Vaughn thinks he is better than Syd at intelligence?  To say your example is terrible is an understatement.  He wasn't trying flex his CIA muscle. He was giving Syd a reality check.  She thought that sd-6 would be down within a few months.  She needed to be shown that this assignement was going to take awhile.  Quite frankly, if anybody thought they were the better intelligence officer, it was Syd.  Remember how she got ticked off and started yelling?  Accusing Vaughn, of not taking her seriously simply because she was a woman?  And why?  Because he was telling her the way they would communicate.  Yes, how dare the he?  You would think that it was his job to do such things!  Oh wait a second!  That was his job!  But still yes how dare he.  Bastard.  End of sarcasm.

Now am I saying you have to like Vaughn?  No.  It's a free country.  I personally don't think Sark is the badass that his fans make him out to be.  I don't hate him.  I just don't think he is as amazing as he is made out to be.  We all have different tastes.  Doesn't mean we have to insult others who don't agree with our tastes.

The whole Foley/Vartan argument is between you and katyray.  I'm not going to touch it.  Both men seem like decent men and apparently Jennifer thought so as well.

Finally, what the hell are you doing here?  You don't like Vaughn.  You don't like Vartan.  Why go to his fan threads?  I am not a fan of Melissa George or her character.  Therefore, I don't go to Lauren/George threads.  I'm not a fan of either but I certainly respect those that do.  Going into a fan thread and insulting either the character/actress is also insulting her fans who have the right to discuss Lauren/George without being harrassed.

That is all.  I mean, no personal disrespect to anyone.  I'm just expressing my opinion.  I have nothing against Jennifer Garner before you accuse me of being a Garner hater.  And I do like the character of Sydney.  Frankly, I don't think this thread should even be here since it does seem to promote gossip but that is a mod issue I suppose.  Just my opinion doesn't mean it is the law of the land.

ETA:  Just to clarify.  I'm not insulted by the fact that you don't like Vaughn or even Vartan.  That is a matter of personal taste.  I'm insulted by the suggestion that the only reason why me or any of us on this thread like Vaughn/Vartan is simply because of his looks.  Now do I giggle when he ends up shirtless?  Hell yeah.  Just like I am sure you giggled when Garner was stripped down to her underwear in the S4 premiere.  Nothing is wrong with neither.
[post="1148211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Listen to why you some of you girls like Vaughn - because he is cute or hot?  Tell me why he is a good character on the show.  What does he do that a new character can't.

Katyray, it bothered me when people suggested Vartan was better for Jennifer than Scott.  Scott came across as a more personable guy during interviews.  Implying that Syd and Vaughn seem to be great on the show is not a reason for thinking the real people should be together.
[post="1148168"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

First of all, it bothers me when people talk about Jennifer's life and the decisions she makes. That's none of anyone's concerns but hers.

Quite frankly, sir, you're coming across as condescending and incredibly rude. I'm 21 - the preferred term for me (and really any other poster here) is not "girl". That'd be like me saying "Stuff it, boy! You only like Jen for her boobs!"

I'm not going to defend my reasons for actually liking M. Vartan. Why bother? No one here owes you an explanation for anything, and I doubt it would sway you anyway.

This superiority complex has got to go - or you will, from AA. It's your choice, I'm only a 'girl' and wouldn't dream of choosing for a super intelligent man like you.

Oh, and Michael? Is here to stay.

Quite frankly, sir, you're coming across as condescending and incredibly rude. I'm 21 - the preferred term for me (and really any other poster here) is not "girl". That'd be like me saying "Stuff it, boy! You only like Jen for her boobs!"
:D :lol:

(y) (y)

Jinnie said:
First of all, it bothers me when people talk about Jennifer's life and the decisions she makes. That's none of anyone's concerns but hers.

I'm not going to defend my reasons for actually liking M. Vartan. Why bother? No one here owes you an explanation for anything, and I doubt it would sway you anyway.

This superiority complex has got to go - or you will, from AA. It's your choice, I'm only a 'girl' and wouldn't dream of choosing for a super intelligent man like you.

[post="1148353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well Jinnie, it is common to say "Guys and Girls" rather than age specific titles. "The boys are going out to the tavern. It's girls night out." Don't paint me with any misperceptions about being disparging without cause.

If I sound like I'm talking about younger people, I am 47. I do sound older because I am older. I do recognise forum members if they are older or young. The older ones talk about being married. The younger ones talk about being in school.

I remember seeing someone on the forum talking about her husband complain asking why Vaughn was going to be a member of the APO. The wife had no answer other that "He's hot". I am addressing hotness is superficial.

I thought that evyone can tell when people's Aliases are facetious. I've explained that "superintelligentone" comes from a TV Wrestler's of the 1970's title. It is a ridiculous title. You obviously don't know me very well. People know me on the internet call me "SI" or "SIO" not superintelligentone.

So let me introduce myself.
- I am a 47 year old male of Cantonese descent.
- I come to these forums to talk about Alias & Jennifer Garner
- I'm here to take my mind off of my daily stresses of cardiomyopathy and its symptoms. I'm here to relax and have fun, not get into fights.
- I enjoy the intelligent discussions that come from the analysis of the show.
- I don't lust over Jennifer, her face or body. I find her fascinating as a person and as an actress.

I was responding to that allegation by Katyray that my dislike of the Vartan character must have to do with Jen and Scott. I don't see how anyone finds anything judgmental about real life characters.

I support Jennifer. I am not against Vartan. I am neutral about him.

Don't rap my knuckles over a fictional character Vaughn. He isn't real.

Jinnie said:

[post="1148353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Don't rap my knuckles over a fictional character Vaughn. He isn't real.

Where in my post did I mention Vaughn? Although, thanks for letting me know he wasn't real. I'm a silly young girl and utterly had no idea.

I'm rapping your knuckles, so to speak, due to your posts being deliberately condescending to anyone you know disagrees with you, as just demonstrated.

I don't care about who you happen to like or dislike, just like you ultimately don't care about mine. Because we're set in our opinions, and the world would be quite boring if everyone was the same.

Quit the mocking attitude, and you and I don't have any problems at all. Even if you hate Vaughn. ;) Keep it up, and, well... Gartan and Jen/Ben fans have learned I don't mess around when it comes to doing what is needed to preserve the coziness of the AA community.

The end.

P.S. I appreciate the support, but posting with emoticons really doesn't do much except use up Charlie's bandwidth. ;) But thanks!

angel_audie said:
I need you do something for me.  Repeat after me.  "It's just a tv show.  It's just a tv show." 

To suggest any of us on here simply like Vartan/Vaughn simply because he is cute or hot is an insult.  That is like me suggesting that the only reason you like Syd/Garner is because she is easy on the eyes.  Why do I like the character of Vaughn?  I think his character is sweet, understanding, and compassionate.  All things Syd needed at the time when they first met.  And where did you come up with the idea that Vaughn thinks he is better than Syd at intelligence?  To say your example is terrible is an understatement.  He wasn't trying flex his CIA muscle. He was giving Syd a reality check.  She thought that sd-6 would be down within a few months.  She needed to be shown that this assignement was going to take awhile.  Quite frankly, if anybody thought they were the better intelligence officer, it was Syd.  Remember how she got ticked off and started yelling?  Accusing Vaughn, of not taking her seriously simply because she was a woman?  And why?  Because he was telling her the way they would communicate.  Yes, how dare the he?  You would think that it was his job to do such things!  Oh wait a second!  That was his job!  But still yes how dare he.  Bastard.  End of sarcasm.

Now am I saying you have to like Vaughn?  No.  It's a free country.  I personally don't think Sark is the badass that his fans make him out to be.  I don't hate him.  I just don't think he is as amazing as he is made out to be.  We all have different tastes.  Doesn't mean we have to insult others who don't agree with our tastes.

The whole Foley/Vartan argument is between you and katyray.  I'm not going to touch it.  Both men seem like decent men and apparently Jennifer thought so as well.

Finally, what the hell are you doing here?  You don't like Vaughn.  You don't like Vartan.  Why go to his fan threads?  I am not a fan of Melissa George or her character.  Therefore, I don't go to Lauren/George threads.  I'm not a fan of either but I certainly respect those that do.  Going into a fan thread and insulting either the character/actress is also insulting her fans who have the right to discuss Lauren/George without being harrassed.

That is all.  I mean, no personal disrespect to anyone.  I'm just expressing my opinion.  I have nothing against Jennifer Garner before you accuse me of being a Garner hater.  And I do like the character of Sydney.  Frankly, I don't think this thread should even be here since it does seem to promote gossip but that is a mod issue I suppose.  Just my opinion doesn't mean it is the law of the land.

ETA:  Just to clarify.  I'm not insulted by the fact that you don't like Vaughn or even Vartan.  That is a matter of personal taste.  I'm insulted by the suggestion that the only reason why me or any of us on this thread like Vaughn/Vartan is simply because of his looks.  Now do I giggle when he ends up shirtless?  Hell yeah.  Just like I am sure you giggled when Garner was stripped down to her underwear in the S4 premiere.  Nothing is wrong with neither.
[post="1148211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that it is just a TV show, fiction. Nothing to get aggravated about. Chill pills for all!

The point of what I said is not to judge him based on his appearance. That is subjective. It's a pet peeve of mine that people look for superficial appearance first. Comment on him as an actor. Comment on how he plays Vaughn.

I can accept when people have good reasons for their different opinions. But to say that Mike is hot so that is why he is good for the show, it makes me response that there are other actors who are as hot or hotter. Jennifer brings her unique athleticism and vulnerabilty to her role as Sydney that can't be replaced.

I don't like him as a actor because I don't think that he has a wide acting range. His Alias co-stars kidded him and he kidded himself about his acting in the Alias DVD commentaries. I guess his role calls for him to act in ways that conflict with Sydney, but I don't enjoy it.

I think that the Vaughn character is written to bring angst to Syd. I'm reacting to how his character appears to me - as someone who makes Syd weak and sad. I don't want to see more sadness for Syd. If the writers made him a wonderful guy in Season 4 and the remaining years, that would seem boring.

The topic asks if this should be Mike's last year. We had Vaughn as Syd's adversary, love interest, boyfriend, and ex-boyfriend who causes her grief. What growth of character/evolution is left? Husband, then father of her kids? That can't happen as long as Syd is an agent. There isn't really anything left for Vaughn. "Same old thing" isn't good for the show.

Alias is about a single woman who is an efffective spy, but has a disfunctional personal life. Happy Syd with happy Vaughn doesn't fit the concept. Syd can't have a happy normal life as long as she is a spy. This is how JJ wrote the story.

The topic asks if this should be Mike's last year.  We had Vaughn as Syd's adversary, love interest, boyfriend, and ex-boyfriend who causes her grief.  What growth of character/evolution is left?  Husband, then father of her kids?  That can't happen as long as Syd is an agent.  There isn't really anything left for Vaughn.  "Same old thing" isn't good for the show. 

Alias is about a single woman who is an efffective spy, but has a disfunctional personal life.  Happy Syd with happy Vaughn doesn't fit the concept.  Syd can't have a happy normal life as long as she is a spy.  This is how JJ wrote the story.
[post="1148468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Let me just add that Vaughn has been the angst for Sydney since the beginning of their relationships ... seems to me everybody wants a happy and everlasting life of love for the two characters, Syd and Vaughn ...

Thats why JJ brought in Lauren ... to mix the relationship ... and what did Vaughn do ... he married her, found out Syd was alive, and came to her to ask for closure ... afterwards he wanted to be with her, while still married to Lauren ... as a mistress and Syd just didn't want that ... so, she said no ...

When Syd told him, I think I saw Lauren in the club, his response ... can't be, I know Lauren, it can't be her ... he doesn't believe her ...

When Jack confronts him about the same thing, he adds ... "I know the woman I married" ... but did he ... no, he didn't ...

Now, he killed her in the finale of S3 ... now to S4 ... he said he was quitting because last year "Sucked" ... ofcourse, with him being married to Lauren, ofcourse it sucked, he couldn't have Syd ...

To finish, I don't want Syd and Vaughn to live happily ever after ... as to that would really suck, cause there are no happily ever afters ... every relationship has its ups and downs ... and it wouldn't be wise to keep those two together for a long time, since it would be boring as hell ...

We need some action in that relationship ... maybe someone new for Syd to keep things alive ... I don't know ...

Ofcourse Vaughn is a big part of "Alias" and I am sure he'll here for some time ... but wouldn't it be nice if the relationship between Syd and Vaughn had their ups and downs like everybody else's ...

Nobody is perfect, and Vaughn is definitely not perfect ... ;)

I was responding to that allegation by Katyray that my dislike of the Vartan character must have to do with Jen and Scott. I don't see how anyone finds anything judgmental about real life characters.
I support Jennifer. I am not against Vartan. I am neutral about him.

I don't like him as a actor because I don't think that he has a wide acting range. His Alias co-stars kidded him and he kidded himself about his acting in the Alias DVD commentaries. I guess his role calls for him to act in ways that conflict with Sydney, but I don't enjoy it.

I can accept when people have good reasons for their different opinions. But to say that Mike is hot so that is why he is good for the show, it makes me response that there are other actors who are as hot or hotter. Jennifer brings her unique athleticism and vulnerabilty to her role as Sydney that can't be replaced.

Superintelligentone, actually what you're doing is bashing Michael Vartan through his character which is very evident. I've read your posts on other boards related to Alias and Jennifer Garner and the above quotes by you posted in this thread are mild compared to some of your other posts regarding Michael Vartan on other boards.

Michael Vartan nor his character are going anywhere. You and others who do not like him are but a mere fraction of the Alias viewing audience.

So, since you're so intent upon keeping up the anti-Vartan chatter, why don't you take your posts elsewhere where someone really gives a "rat's ass" (just coining a partial phrase by "Vaughn" in the S3 finale.)

By the way, in the very first quote (bolded remarks), you are against Vartan and definitely not neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back