Fantasy The Librarians

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: The Librarians

Genre: Action & Adventure

First aired: 2014-12-07

Creator: John Rogers

Cast: Rebecca Romijn, John Larroquette, Christian Kane, John Harlan Kim, Lindy Booth

Overview: A group of librarians set off on adventures in an effort to save mysterious, ancient artifacts. Based on the series of "The Librarian" movies.
The Librarians

If you haven't been watching The Librarians on TNT and if you really liked & miss Warehouse 13, then you should be watching! :D

The Librarians is based on the series of made-for-TV movies named The Librarian starring Noah Wyle. The original Librarian movies had Wyle starring as an Indiana Jones type character in search of magical artifacts to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. The artifacts, and 'home', was a secret library in NY that had a mysterious past and its own magical elements. The library was vast and would expand as needed. To aid in his quest The Librarian has an assistant who acted as a caretaker for both him & the Library.

The series picks up right where the movies left off with Noah Wyle. Wyle is still the Librarian but in the first episode of the series an attack on the library causes him to seek out help from other people who were Librarian candidates but weren't chosen. The Library itself ends up being no longer anchored to our reality. That is a bit of a simplistic description but I'm trying to give any obvious spoilers for those who are going to watch it.

With the formal Librarian traveling the world in search of the Library, the job of continuing to seek out the magical artifacts around the world falls on three rejected Librarians and their Guardian. Besides the Guardian, who comes from a US military background, the rejected Librarians consist of a world-class thief who is carefree, a math genius who can visualize problems but at the cost of her health, and guy from a blue-collar background that is secretly an art expert with several published works under different names. Aiding them is Jenkins, the caretaker of a portal to the Library who has own his mysterious past. The Librarian makes appearances in several of the episodes but he is not the central character. On the opposite side is an organization lead by Matt Frewer ("Eureka", "Max Headroom") who wants to use the magic artifacts to wipe out society and start over again.

Dean Devlin ("Independence Day") is the producer of the show and it has a very strong Warehouse 13 vibe to it in both the overall basis of the show and the tone of it as well.

Besides, who couldn't like a show that has Bruce Campbell ("Evil Dead") as Santa Claus!? :D

Good news, Librarian fans, The Librarians series has been picked up for a second season. If you liked Warehouse 13 then you really ought to be watching this one.

I guess I'll watch a second season.

But I never really got into this show.
Kinda like the premises though. Think it's a casting thing. It didn't quite work for me.

Warehouse 13 was a much better show imho.
Agree about the vibe though. If you liked Warehouse 13 you should give The Librarians a try.

/SK

first two episodes reminded me hugely of Doctor Who; somewhat scatterbrained genius travels around aided by a girl.
in Angel, Christopher Kane played a Texan what got involved with supernatural stuff.
in Librarians CK plays an Oklahoman who...

The new season starts tonight at 8:00PM EST with two one-hour episodes airing back-to-back.

I read that they would start looking for another home.
Not sure how big of a chance it is that will work out though...

I stand by my words earlier in this thread.
Never really became a big fan even if I actually ended up watching it all.

/SK