Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

The Loch Ness monster hoaxes

Discussion in 'Supernatural & Unexplained' started by Tim, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

I'm guessing everyones seen the pictures. How many of you knew that the owners of said photographs in the main had admitted they were hoaxes of some sort? Here is the story of the photographs and which ones were faked.

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

I believe.

3. D.Floky

D.Floky Guest

I feel that the elephant story is a total non starter. Try to find pictures of elephants swimming. They inevitably have far more of their heads and body exposed.

I am in two minds about what Nessie actually is/could be. I would love to believe that she/he/it is a modern day dinosaur. Its possible I suppose. I tend to think that it is either a very large eel not freshwater they simply do not grow that big even though they are long lived or perhaps a sturgeon which do grow very, very large or perhaps it is some other unknown sea creature. I say sea creature because I do firmly believe that somewhere in Loch Ness there is an underwater tunnel leading out to the sea. It has to be something like this because the Loch itself simply could not sustain aliving creature that is the supposed size of Nessie. Being an angler I know that the food supply in the Loch is actually not up to much. The tunnel would also explain why Nessie can go for long periods of time without being spotted.

End of the day I do believe there is something there.

4. Kevin

Even after all this time? If there is something there, then it would have be either extremely old or is reproducing.

5. Veimipem73

Veimipem73 Guest

Hi Kevan,

I just wanted to let you know that i subscribe to your underwater tunnel theory, Scientists have scanned with radar, sonar, submersables and god knows what else and have never come up with anything worth looking at.

Whatever or whoever is living in loch ness is not likely to come up say cheese and give them an interview, It would scarper back out to sea where they cant find it, the loch is that deep that it could very well hide a multitude of tunnels.

When you look at it, The crocodilian species are all living dinosaurs, then you have things like monitor lizards and anacondas, all of them reach gargantuan proportions with the right conditions, One anaconda was recorded at twenty five feet long.

My point is this, The loch ness monster theory has not developed for no reason, people have been sighting something for centuries, Whats to hinder it being an as yet unkown species or leftover dinosaur.

best,

Jane

6. Starbeast from Planet X

Starbeast from Planet X Benevolent Galaxy Being

The Loch Ness Monster: Cryptozoological

ABOVE: Possible remains of the Mysterious Loch Ness Beast? And a new species of animal discovered living in Loch Ness by accident. It is quite an unearthly looking creature, but it's a natural living animal, I think it's cool to just observe it.

BELOW: Rod Serling narrates a classic documentary (segment only) about the Loch Ness Monster.

7. grace12

grace12 Guest

I feel that the elephant story is a total non starter.

8. Anthony G Williams

Anthony G Williams Greybeard Writer

The problem with any story which involves some kind of prehistoric survival is that Loch Ness was frozen solid during the last Ice Age (it had a glacier grinding down its length), and only thawed out about 10,000 years ago. Everything living in the loch has entered since then.

Rather than assuming that the absence of any convincing evidence indicates that there's a tunnel leading to the open sea, it would be more reasonable to conclude that the reason there's no evidence is that there's nothing there to find....after all, no-one has ever found any indication that such a tunnel might exist. Or, indeed, that any large unidentified beasts live in the oceans nearby.

9. Starbeast from Planet X

Loch Ness Animal

Well if the creature does exsist, I hope it can be brought to zoos so we can all get to see them. (If they are in great numbers)

[​IMG]

10. Kevin

I remain convinced that the answer to the Loch Ness monster fable has a far simpler explanation...

Somewhere in Scotland there is a group of old guys who still gather at their local pub for a few pints and talk about how many fools come around with hi-tech gear to look for a monster as a result of a prank that the now-old guys had some fun with years ago. After all these years, they don't even bother trying to tell anybody any more that it was all in jest because their explanation is dismissed by those who are convinced that there is something down there.

11. Electric Moon

Electric Moon Here to conquer Earth

Argh, people will believe anything these days...

Personally, I won't believe it until I see it--REAL and IN PERSON.

Good theory, dude; I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually how it went.

12. Starbeast from Planet X

Everybody likes a mystery.

[​IMG]

I always felt that unknown creatures like the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot are long gone, Earth has had many giant beasts that roamed the lands, but alas...they're gone. With the exception of a few very rare discoveries of other strange new and unchanged animals that people are still finding today. And of course there have been hoaxes though-out the centuries, but everybody likes a mystery.

13. JoeSimpson

JoeSimpson Scout

I have always been fascinated by the Lock Ness monster. I really wish there was a way to take underwater photos of the Loch that were clear :(

14. Electric Moon

Electric Moon Here to conquer Earth

Who knows, the Loch Ness monster may not exist now, but another pre-existing animal could evolve into one over time...