The Long Road Home

Hey people *waves*
This is a cowrite by me (Lauren) and alias=mylife26 (caitlin)!!
We're really excited about this one you guyses so give it a chance!!

disclaimer: we own absolutely nothing.
rating: pg13 at the very most
summery: sydney's getting married, but to whome???

As Sydney was getting ready for her wedding she thought back to the
long road it had taken her and her fiance to get here.
*********** 3 years earlier**************
*Sydney's P.O.V.*
It had been my first year of college and I was at NYU studying to
ger an English Lit. major. It's been hard for me to be so far away from
my family because I've never been very far away for my family,
especially not for this long. I'm very close to my
mother and younger sister Nadia, partially because our dad was always
so busy
with his work and didn't have a lot of time to spend with us kids.
However, on the positive side, my boyfriend since
9th grade, Danny Hecht, and my two best friends, Francie Calfo and
Will Tippin, went to the same college as me; Fancie's studying to be a
chef, Will's studying to be a reporter, and Danny's studying to be a
pediatritian.

I'm very excited right now because its finally spring break and I get
to go home and see my family!
I finally arrive at my parents mansion- yes im rich but not
spoiled like you might think all rich kids are- and I'm slightly
nervous because this is when I plan to tell my family that Danny and I
are engaged. They like him, but I'm still very nervous about telling
them. Just as soon as I open the front door, Nadia tackled me.
"Hey Nads! So I'm sensing I was missed?" I laughed out
":YOU'RE FINALY HOME SYD!!! And of course you were missed!!!!"
"Yup I'm gettin that but I'm also being suffocated!"
"OH!!! sorry" Naida laughed a bit nervously as she got up and
then helped me up "It's okay" I laughed "And by the way nice to see
you too!"
"Whats goin on down there Nadia? Please dont tell me one of
your guy friends is here!" We heard our mother, Irina, call out. I
looked at Nadia skeptically for a second because of the guy friends
part but i got over it quickly and said
"Um I'm pretty sure I'm not a guy mom" I shouted back at her.
"Oh SYDNEY!!!!!! YOURE HOME!!!!! What was the ruckus about then??"
"Oh I'm guessing Nadia's been working on her tackling skills with these
guy friends of hers because she tackled me pretty hard when I opened
the door" I responded, earning a glare from Nadia and a light hit on
the arm "HEY thats not nice!" she exclaimed as I laughed at her.
"Well you deserved it for making fun of me! and just to set
the record straight I just tackle some of my friends that I hang out
with!"
"Yea, and they just happen to be guys!"
"UGGGGH theyre just friends!! JUST friends" by this time Nadia
was frustrated and me and my mom were cracking up.
"ITS NOT FUNNY!!!" Nadia yelled at us, although she was starting to
smile. She soon started to laugh with Mom and me.
After laughing a while, we caught up about things and talked about
whatever was new in our lives. Soon we lost track of time and before
we knew it, Dad was home.
"I'M HOOOOME!!!" He yelled just like he always did.
"Nice to see some things didnt change" I said as I got off the couch
to give my dad a hug.
"SYDNEY!! You're home!!!"
"Yup!" I said as I pulled him into a big bear hug.

YAY u posted!!!!
yup yup we be really excited!!!!! *nods* mhummmmmm
pwease give it a chance!!!!
i be vewy happy right now and hyper which be weird cause i just got done with vball practice and soccer practice almost right back to back *ponders*
o well my brain be hurting so ttyl!!!
THNX LAUR FOR POSTING!!!!!
and thnx to vaughnsgrl4lf and tunita for reviewing!!!

yay we have a list
albeit its not long but its a list *shrugg*
oh yea and btw the first chap was by me!(thats why it took such a long time to post :D lol)

and heres chapter 2!!! by laur!!!(dont expect next one this fast cause im a BIIIIG procrastinator!!! but shhhhh dont tell laur!!!) lol and on with the story!
Chapter 2
by:Laur (sydneyluvsvaughn4eva)

Sydney applied her makeup, feeling butterflies flutter in her stomach. She couldn't believe that she was about to marry the man that she loved more than life itself. Even when she was young, she had never imagined a more amazing man would fall in love with her and want to marry her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sydney POV
My parent's, Nadia, and I decided to go to our favorite restaurant, Joey's Pizza, for dinner. We all piled into mom's car and Nadia and I bantered the whole way there. We pulled into the parking lot and went inside.

"Table for four, nonsmoking please." Dad said to the hostess.

"Okay, please come with me." The hostess said as she led us to a booth in the middle of the restaurant. We all sat down and ordered our drinks. Mom and Dad asked me about school and how Francie and Will were doing. Then, after our drinks and breadsticks came, I decided it was time to tell them about me and Danny.

"Mom, Dad, Nadia, there's something I want to tell you." I said and took a deep breath.

"Okay dear, we're listening." Mom said, " Oh but first, before I forget, there's a luncheon at the country club we want you to come to."

"Um, okay. Why exactly?" I asked. These country club things didn't really fit my style. Everyone there was so rich and most of them were kind of snotty. Most of them except of course Julian. He's been my friend for as long as I can remember. He's totally cute but we've never dated. He's been too busy with his boyfriends to get the chance to ask me out I suppose. But that's perfectly fine with me. He's like the brother I never had.

" Oh well, a bunch of our friends have asked about you. And Julian will be there; I'm sure he'd like to see you. Dad said.

"Alright, I'll go. When is it?" I asked. As long as Julian was going to be there, I would be fine.

"Tomorrow, actually." Mom said, twisting her spaghetti around her fork.

"Okay." I said.

"Now, what is it you wanted to tell us?" Mom asked.

"Well," I started.

"Lemme guess, you're pregnant?" Nadia asked playfully.

"No, I'm not pregnant. I...Danny and I are engaged!" I said holding up my left hand to show off the diamond ring that Danny had given me.

"Oh my gosh!" Nadia squealed.

"Sydney it's beautiful." Mom gushed.

"Daddy, what do you think?" I asked my Dad, who's expression I couldn't read.

"I, I'm so happy for you sweetheart. This is just a lot to handle." Dad said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Dad." I said.

We finished with dinner and drove back home, all chattering about wedding preparations and whatnot. Of course, Nadia would be my maid-of-honor and Dad would walk me down the isle, but there were so many more things to be decided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Sydney, get up" Mom urged as I opened my eyes.

"What? Why mom it's Saturday?" I asked groggily.

"Because the luncheon is in an hour and a half and I thought you might want to go in something other than your pajamas." Mom said.

" Ugh, okay. Thanks for the consideration." I mumbled and pulled myself out of bed. With my eyes half closed, I climbed into the shower and let the water rush down upon me, waking me up. I stayed in the shower for half an hour, then eventually decided that I should get out and get dressed.

I decided to wear a sleeveless polo shirt and a tennis skirt. Who knew, maybe Julian and I would play some tennis to ease the boredom. I put on a bit of makeup and pulled my hair up in a ponytail .

"I'm ready!" I call as I run down the stairs, knowing that I'm about to make us late.

"Sydney Anne Bristow, we're going to be late because of you!" Nadia yelled teasingly as she ran down the stairs after me.

"Oh hush Nads!" I said as we ran out the door and hopped into the car where Mom and Dad were already waiting.

"Sorry!" We said at the same time as Mom looked at us sternly.

Dad drove the 10 minutes to the country club and we arrived only 5 minutes late.

"Wow, " I said.

"What?" Nadia asked.

"Everything looks...exactly the same. Gosh, with all the money coming into this place you would think they could mix it up every now and then." I said as we walked, arms linked, into the main lobby.

"Well they did a little bit. See, look, they stairs have new carpet. It's more of a burgundy now." Nadia pointed out.

"Yes, I see tha..." I said as I was interrupted by someone bumping into me.

"Excuse me." He said with a pious air.

"The fault is all mine." I said as I looked into those vividly green eyes.

"No no, I believe it was my fault. But if you'll excuse me, I have to go see about my Asten Martin. I hear there was a little fender bender in the parking lot and I would hate to see my car dented." He said and walked away.

"Dear lord, I hate people with money." I said and rolled my eyes at Nadia.

" Well then I suppose you hate me then don't you?" I heard a guy's voice behind me ask.

"Why yes Julian, I do." I said with a smirk. He raised his eyebrow at me and I ran over and leaped into his arms.

" Well, well, maybe you don't hate me so much after all." Julian said, hugging me.

" I suppose not. Oh my gosh how are you? I haven't seen you in forever!" I exclaimed.

"I've been fine. Scott and I have been up to no good as usual of course." He said, gushing as he said the name of his long time boyfriend.

" Oh I'm sure. Is he here?" I asked.

"No, he couldn't make it. He's working."

"Aww, well maybe I'll get to see him sometime before I go back to school." I said.

"I do hope so. In the mean time, have you seen that cute little green eyed thing hanging out around here today?" Julian asked.

" I believe I have, although I'm not sure about him being all that cute. He seemed like kind of a snot to me." I said. Personally, I thought that he was hot but I wasn't willing to say that out loud.

"Well, just because you don't like him doesn't mean I can't." He said with a big smile.

"Yeah, alright." I said, laughing." So when are we actually going to do the lunch part of this luncheon? I'm starving."

"Um, I think they're doing it buffet style." Nadia said and led Julian and me to the food. We all filled our plates and walked out onto the back porch and sat down.

" Hey Julian, do you want to play a little tennis later?" I asked.

" OH I wish I could love. But I sprained my thumb playing tennis a week ago." Julian replied.

"You liar. You won't play me cause you know I'll win." I chided.

" Fine, you caught me. But I really don't want to get sweaty; I'm meeting Scott later."

" Alright, I'll just have to find someone else to play with." I said.

Then from behind me i heard a voice say "I'll play you."

and there ya go!!!!! HOPE YA LIKEY!!!!!!!
PM List
shotput25ash
Nancy O
Vaughnlover15
buckeyealum2000
helpleessromantic
secretfriend220
tunita
vaughnsgurl4lf
Sydney Alias Vaughn

hehe. its vaughn isn't it!!
I <3 vaughn! even though we haven't officially met him yet, fine..its the "green eyed cutie!" haha
I <3 sark, even though he's sark.D

this is great (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) !!!!!

but please this mariage with danny wil be over soon , i´m hoping

and the person that said the lat line is vaughn ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible ,

thansk 4 the pm :D :D

Nanda

Back