The Magic Of The Floating Lady

If this isn't really a ghost then must there be a scientific explanation yet more interesting.

• I guess so because it's science fiction not a ghost story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't think it's not a ghost but i don't think a real ghost would be original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the 1950's Annemarie O' Donnell: a patient in the Dublin mental asylum is found to have died from spontaneous human combustion. She was admitted for complaining about being sexually abused by a visiting priest at the Magdalene laundry. Before she died she claimed to have heard a voice from the wall telling her the truth would set her free from the asylum by making her body burn up to dry ashes at high temperature yet do little damage to her surroundings. She also claimed one of the male nurses was sexually abusing her and her last words were: 'I'll be coming back to haunt you.'

Some time later Ronnie: the male nurse who Annemarie made allegations against is pestered by some excited patients pointing to the window and shouting: 'Look! Annemarie's back' and pointing to the window.
Ronnie thinks it's nothing more than the usual rants he gets from patients so he looks towards the window just to shut them up.

He sees a smokey grey figure of a woman outside looking in. Every bit of her is just one shade of grey, rather like a statue of grey stone but slightly translucent like smoked glass. Ronnie looks at her face and he is sure it looks like that of Annemarie.

The figure points a finger at Ronnie and says in an echoey voice: 'I told you i'll be coming back to haunt you'

To Ronnie the voice sounds close even though the figure's outside. As he stands staring in bewilderment he sees jets of smoke spurt from the figure's ears, nostrils and mouth. he sees a dull fiery glow come from inside it making a silhouette of a skeleton within. All at once the dark smoke erupts from the figure forming a blanket around it hiding it, including the glow inside. Quickly the smoke rises up and away leaving not a trace of the figure.

Back