The Man Behind the Curtain

Aired earlier tonight! :smiley:

All I'm going to say right now is...
The flashbacks were an eye-opening experience, and the rest of the episode was kind of an eye-squinting experience, because I had that confused look on my face the whole time :P...atleast until the ending :jawdrop:

Still an incredible episode though! My heart was beating really fast at the end...that just shows how much I love this show!!! :D

Can't wait 'til next week...and the next week too!!! :really excited:

OMG ... what an excellent episode ... nerve-wrecking and eye-opening episode ... connected several storylines ... I was left :jawdrop: watching at my TV screen ... I love TV moments like that ... ;)

So Ben came to the island with his dad ... but was part of the "others" who killed everybody from the Dharma Project ... he killed his own dad ... :(

Who the heck is Jacob??? and why does only Ben see him??? Locke heard him, but didn't see him??? what's up with that???

and then Ben shoots Locke and he falls in with all the dead corpses from Ben's group ... :jawdrop:

and Juliet, so she told Jack what was happening ... good for her ... but I am not that into her yet ... it seem still suspicious, if you know what I mean ... ;)

can't wait to see what is gonna happen next :woot: :woot: :woot:

Lost Redux He Can't Be Dead, Can He?
By Kristin Veitch today at 5:56 am

Reading this Redux if you haven't seen the Lost episode "The Man Behind the Curtain" would be very bad. Spoilers, ahoy!

Now, let's discuss this madcap romp of an ep. And by "madcap romp," I mean this episode about which I said to myself 75 times in a row, "The suspense—it is keeelling me!"

Furthermore, Ben shot John in the chest!? Frak!! No, no, nooooooo. The fact that Locke was still breathing (okay, rasping) is a good thing, but I happen to know that Terry O'Quinn recently sold his house in Hawaii. He told me so when I was on the set in Hawaii, saying he wanted more "freedom" and "does better living in hotels." But...gaah! Here's hoping he's talking about a semipermanent residence in a Hawaiian hotel and not anywhere off the island, cause he simply cannot leave this show!

P.S. Dear Damon Lindelof, if you kill off John Locke, I'm sorry, but we're going to have to break up. Love, Kristin.

P.S.S. That was probably a lie, but I'm still gonna be really, really miffed.

Meanwhile, is it just me, or was Benjamin Linus' flashback the weirdest story ever told on this crazy-ass show?! I mean, I thought the 815-ers had messed-up childhoods, but B.L. took it to a whole new level. Let's assess....

WHAT WE LEARNED

Richard Sign me up for whatever skincare regimen Richard (Nestor Carbonell) is using, because the man ain't aged a day in 30 years. Has the island ever considered having a clearance sale on mysteries, enigmas and riddles? Because I really feel like they have some surplus inventory…

Annie Awww, little Benry's got a girlfriend. Except where'd she go? Did he purge her? Did she just die horribly some other way, what with all the predatory "wildlife" on the island? Maybe she was in a love triangle with Ben and some other fellow, and she ended up boinking the other guy in a polar-bear cage? And is she a dead ringer for Molly on Heroes, or what?

Alex I love Alexandra Rousseau-Linus (Tania Raymonde) to pieces! She knew that if Locke was heading out with her daddy, he should darn well be armed. Good for her, but this begs one big fat question Why does father Benjamin tolerate such insolence from his daughter? I guess killing her might be a bit much, but how about at least a time-out? Why does he let her run wild across the island? Why is his only concern her relationship with Karl? Is it because he's afraid she's going to get horizontal with her boyfriend and then pregnant and then wind up dead? (Don't the Others have sex ed?!)

Decisions, Decisions When pressed about the coming attack on the Lostaways, Jack confessed he hadn't shared the information because he "hadn't decided what to do about it yet…" So, do you think there is an intentional contrast between Jack's caginess and Kate's desperation to share every secret she comes across? Which way is the path o' righteousness?

Help Me… The whispers return in this episode, and in what seems to be the show's first ever face-to-face whisper, Jacob says, "Help me…" The Whisperers have asked for help before (repeatedly). Is there a connection? From this vantage point, the Whisperers seem like nothing so much as those dopes Estragon and Vladimir, forever waiting for Godot. I have never seen a community so desperately in need of Tony Robbins. I'm telling you, a few basic self-actualization techniques, and this whole thing could be over tomorrow!

WHAT LIES AHEAD

Only two more episodes until you see the season-three cliffhanger, which will crawl inside your noggin, lay a little TNT and then light a match. It is most definitely a big, show-changing reveal, and it involves Jack and someone else. Also, somebody will die, and Ben will be left cowering like a wittle baby. Can't wait for you all to see it, so we can finally discuss openly without me losing my job!
—Additional reporting by Jennifer Godwin

Copyright © 2006 E! Online, Inc. All rights reserved

wow that was an amazing episode

i loved the flashbacks but the whole jacob thing was really weird...

i kinda felt bad for ben 'cause of his dad but then he ended up killing him... :(

but the ending was just :jawdrop:

and i don't know what's going on with juliet and jack... i'm not sure if i trust either of them at the moment...

i can't wait to see what happens next! :woot:

This episode was amazing and made stuff so much more clear to me.
What's going to happen to Locke?
Wtf was up with Jacob?!

Locke will probably self-regenerate. The island gives him the power to heal.

Jacob and the smoke monster are probably manifestations of Benjamin's subconscious - similar to the science fiction classic 'Forbidden Planet'. See if I'm correct.

As soon as I saw Richard (Nestor Carbonell) in the flashback, I figured out that 'The Others' were not the Dharma Initiative group and that 'The Hostiles' had killed them and took their place. Now we nned to figure out why 'The Hostiles' live on the island.

I knew that Benjamin was going to kill his father during the ride. The way that Ben was looking at the Paper Mache doll with sadness, I concluded that his childhood girlfriend was dead.

Juliet and Jack have some plan against Ben & The Others. It better be a good one. Sayid is ready to lead a revolution.

So the Dharma mystery is solved... but now we know that we know NOTHING about the real inhabitants of the island: the hostiles, the real others. How did tHEY get there? :eek:

And didn't Richard look like hte picture of Sirius Black in the jungle? That's how I've always imagined Sirius in my head... :D

Back