The Man from Tallahassee

Alias_Gay

Ensign
The Man from Tallahassee

Wednesday, March 21 at 10/9c

Ben tries to persuade a determined Locke to call off his destructive plan by offering him some of the secrets of the island, and Kate's reunion with Jack does not go off as planned when she discovers that he has made a deal with "The Others."

Airs Tonight ... about 1 hour and 10 minutes to go ... :woot: :woot: :woot:

Ok, what was that all about? I have more questions than ever. - "The Box" that Ben was talking about makes some sense - it kinda explains where Jacks Dad, Kates Horse and Eko's Brother, etc. came from - but Locke's dad? Weird...and boy did he look scared!

Wow, what an amazing episode!! If it weren't for the commercials, my eyes probably would've been glued to the TV for the whole hour! :lol:

First of all, this Locke episode kicked the last Locke episode's butt! Amazing! When "Anthony Cooper" pushed John out of the window, I think my heart might've stopped beating for a second...maybe, but atleast pretty close to it. ^_^ 8 stories!! Where was Superman?! :P Anyway, I had a feeling that his "dad" was part of the cause of his disabilty, so I guess tonight cleared all that up.

It was about 40 minutes into the episode during a commercial that I realized all the focus of this episode was on one part of the island again, but I didn't care! Apart from whole Locke-ness (haha) of this episode, though, I thought it was great that Sayid got the chance to see Alex, and to let her know that her mother is still alive, and that she'd been lied to. Hopefully she believed him, though. And then Danielle finally seeing her daughter again after 16 years! Those were both "Yes!" moments for me. I didn't focus too much on the whole Jack-leaving-the-island thing, mostly because I was to invested in what was going on with Locke. ;)

Here's what's got me confused, though: We learned that "Anthony Cooper" is not Locke's dad, but now Locke refers to him as his dad? Did I not get the whole picture, or was there a reason that he called the man in the "box" dad? Also, what the heck is the box? Not that I think any of you know, but do you have any ideas. I like the explanation that ConcreteGirl wrote, though. At this point, I'm clueless...

Next week, well I know it's gonna be great! I'm just frustrated because I couldn't hear a word the characters were saying during the preview...bad sound! Anyway, I can't wait!! :woot:

Ah stupid Locke, he just had to go and blow up the submarine didn't he... :lol:

But wow, when he was pushed out the window I was like, "What!?!?!" And he fell 8 stories and lived!? Wow...

And yeah, the part with Locke's dad in the end really confused me...

Well, this was very interesting to learn about more about Locke. :cool:

But I wasn't surprised with the major events.

Jack making a deal to leave the island. We know that he couldn't leave the island. When we learned that it was to be by the submarine, that told me that it would have to be destroyed.

When heading for the submarine, Ben's daughter told Locke that her father was tricky, I knew that Ben was manipulating Locke into destroying the sub. But I don't see how destroying the submarine benefited John. He said the Others were unworthy of the island, but how does keeping them on the island do any good?

I thought that it was obvious/apparent that when Ben was asking about the pain that Locke felt, he meant emotional pain. I figured that meant the pain of betrayal. That had to have meant Locke's father was responsible for Locke's paralysis. When the young man turned out to have been killed, it had to have been Locke's father. Once Locke confronted his father about the killing and was told to check with the young man's mother by phone, I saw that the telephone was near the big window. I knew that John was going to be pushed out the window by his evil father.

Once Ben told Locke about the 'Magic box', I knew that he was hinting at big surprise later. Seeing how the show was progressing, I knew that the big surprise was going to be Locke's father. I didn't know that he was going to be a prisoner, though. I thought that he was going to be one of The Others.

Great episode, but that thing with Locke's dad was really confusing. I have liked the last three episodes more than I liked the first five episodes of this season, Lost seems to be getting better and better all the time. :smiley:

Here's what's got me confused, though: We learned that "Anthony Cooper" is not Locke's dad, but now Locke refers to him as his dad? Did I not get the whole picture, or was there a reason that he called the man in the "box" dad? Also, what the heck is the box? Not that I think any of you know, but do you have any ideas. I like the explanation that ConcreteGirl wrote, though. At this point, I'm clueless...

I must have missed that somewhere. Isn't that guy Locke's father? I thought that he was Locke's father since he needed a donor match for the kidney transplant - his own son.

Was the 'Man From Tallahassee' Locke's father? I didn't catch where the show mentioned Tallahassee other than when Ben told that guard to get the Man From Tallahassee.

I loved the episode ... but the surprising twist of Locke's dad being involved in his paralysis ... wasn't that much of a surprise to me ... what kept me going was when Jack was telling Kate "I am leaving this island" ... but "I will be back for you" ... that gave me all hopes about the new season ... but then Locke blew it all away ...

"the magic box" - WTF? :blink: how did Locke's dad get there? thats pretty interesting to know ...

Can't wait for next week ... :woot: :woot: :woot:

I must have missed that somewhere. Isn't that guy Locke's father? I thought that he was Locke's father since he needed a donor match for the kidney transplant - his own son.

Was the 'Man From Tallahassee' Locke's father? I didn't catch where the show mentioned Tallahassee other than when Ben told that guard to get the Man From Tallahassee.
Maybe I'm just crazy then! :lol:

Yeah, I don't see who else the Man from Tallahassee could be...so it must be Locke's dad! :smiley: Maybe he moved to Tallahassee after Locke's accident so no one would find him...next Locke flashback, please! :D

I'm pretty sure the "man from Tallahassee" was Locke's dad. ;) Ben knew he'd have a chance to show Locke to him (or vice versa)...

An interesting episode! I actually felt pretty bad for Jack. He seemed so nice and kind and determined to be useful. Now what? We'll have to pin our hopes on Penelope (Desmond's love).

Amazing episode! The old, great Lost is back :smiley: I can't wait to see what Locke does with his father (is he really his father? I thought he was just faking it to get Locke's kidney...)

I loved the ending. Locke's "dad?" reminded me of Sydney's "mom?" at the end of the first season of Alias.

Back