The Martian Has Landed

Martian

Scout
(y)

My name is Paul Pacific from Toronto, Canada.

I am a science fiction and fantasy fan.. love good movies but I prefer great books!

My favourite science fiction film is the 1953 film "The War Of The Worlds" but I am even a bigger fan of 2003's "Peter Pan" and 1939's "The Wizard Of Oz"!

I have a rather unusual occupation, I work out twice a week, I love to read, swim, and chillax in the sun.

I love being barefoot...

Anymore info can be found on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/barefootboy

Happy Thoughts,
Paul

Paul, welcome to our community!

For the profession, would that be "mentalist" as in the TV show "The Mentalist" as in being able to do cold readings?

That is an element to what I do. But mainly, I am a stage entertainer who perceives thoughts and influences thoughts.

Think Kreskin.

Good afternoon Martian.

Nice to meet you. I too am a fan of H.G. Wells War of the Worlds, but the Speilberg version sickened me.

Have you ever seen the Pendragon version? It's set in the 1880's and three hours long, I thought it was closest to the original story, much like the Jeff Wayne version which was on CD.

Here's a blend from both. :smiley:

Hi Starbeast!

I did see all of them but my fav is George Pal's 1953 movie the best.

I think it was the look of the War Machines that I found so creepy and alien-looking!

:smiley:

Hi Starbeast!

I did see all of them but my fav is George Pal's 1953 movie the best.

I think it was the look of the War Machines that I found so creepy and alien-looking!

I highly agree with you, the 1953 version is still the best.

Here's a video from a collector that has some very cool items related to the George Pal movie.

Thank you for sharing! I have those items as well and they are really terrific and "screen accurate" too!

(edit: Oh dear..... having watched the video more closely, I realize that this poor man has painted the Martian eyes incorrectly. The Martian's right iris should have been green and the left one blue. The red is correct at the bottom.

Back