Sci-Fi The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

im seeing it on saturdady! i cant wait. the tickets have sold so fast that there have bin extra showing put on in my local cinema (tho we have 3).
i cant wait!!
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

I personally loved the first half, the second half was extremely complicated and slowed at times. The fight scenes alone are worth the 8 bux. The story doesnt progress as well as it did in the first, but its still a decent storyline.

I have a love hate relationship with this movie. As you can see, my new member title reflects my fascination with the story. However, I think that by catering to those people who just go to the movie to see sex and action they reduce the actual meaningful parts to hackneyed phrases which have to stand for complex ideas. Not that I didn't like the action, but come on, after the fourth wave of Agent smiths in the pole scene, we get it. There are a lot of smiths. So let's get on with the Philosophy...

My overall opinion is great, totally great, but not up to the first movie (which will be tough for almost anything to beat in my opinion). Some of the fights were too long (I agree about the Smiths...why didn't Neo just fly away at the beginning) but the philosophy bits really get you thinking and that's what this movie is truly about. The freeway chase alone is worth the price of admission, that's one of the coolest scenes ever filmed.

PS. To the "Trinity is beautiful" debaters, I don't really understand why they make Trinity look ugly in the movie with her really short slicked back hair. In real life, Carrie-Anne Moss is sooo gorgeous, she did used to be a model after all. I guess it's just part of her character that she's not a really glamorous girl.

Also, she is so much cooler than Neo!

Jonathan said:
I have a love hate relationship with this movie. As you can see, my new member title reflects my fascination with the story. However, I think that by catering to those people who just go to the movie to see sex and action they reduce the actual meaningful parts to hackneyed phrases which have to stand for complex ideas. Not that I didn't like the action, but come on, after the fourth wave of Agent smiths in the pole scene, we get it. There are a lot of smiths. So let's get on with the Philosophy...
well the movie is also not supposed to be only about philosophy...

i was going to go and see it the day after it came out but i had somewhere to go and i couldn't but my sister saw it... so i planned on going the next day but she came back and told me every little thing and i am SOOOOOOOO mad at her right now... i haven't talked to her since then... she did it to make me mad because now i don't have a reason to see it since i already know what's going to happen.

omg wow! we have sooo many movie theaters and they all had like 5 theaters showing it opening day... i got tickets way in advance but one of my friends got tickets for opening day on opening day!

SiriCerasi said:
omg that is the cruelest thing ever! :banghead: i wouldnt talk to her for a month! a year! GRRRRR
well i haven't talked to her for a little over a week now.

the matrix reloaded sounds soooooo awesome, spynish!