the meeting with fate

I liked that! And Alias Elle, PLEASE review my fanfic (the new one) I'm so disapointed that you haven't reviewed! I'm like "WHERE'S ALIAS ELLE WHY DIDN'T SHE REVIEW!!" Sorry, should post that in other people's fanfics, but hey. I love the whole Syd and Vaughn's mother interaction.

Vaughn noticed the time on his watch - "mom it's 8:30 and your plane leaves at 10, we should probably get going"
" o my goodness your right we really should get going” his mother replied
“what do you mean get going, you just got here.” Syd responded in shock
“mom only came for a short visit just in case you two didn’t get along, she didn’t want to stay and impose”
“no really Mrs. Vaughn, I insist that you stay for a few days, you must be tired from the flight and to leave now just doesn’t make sense. Stay please”
“ o Sydney you are so sweet but, but I really must go. I didn’t bring any things and I must return to my home in France” mrs Vaughn replied
“Vaughn you cant let your mother just leave like this! –
“ syd don’t even try to dispute the issue with her, she is just as stubborn as you are” Vaughn interrupted with an adorable smile on his face.
“ listen mr., I wouldn’t tease me if I were because there is no way in hell that you are gonna come out winning this!” syd told him with a huge grin on her face.
“Sydney, the offer is very sweet, but I couldn’t possibly stay” Vaughn’s mother replied.

With that said, the topic was no longer discussed. Vaughn paid the bill and helped his mother with her coat on. All three of them proceeded to Syd’s car (Vaughn and his mom took a cab to the airport – o and don’t ask about Vaughn’s luggage, I couldn’t figure out where to put it), however, Vaughn drove – it was the manly thing to do! Syd sat in the back seat after an winning an argument with Vaughn’s mother, on who would sit in the back.
They finally got to the airport and all stepped out of the car. Vaughn and Syd started arguing:
“Syd it’s freezing out and all you brought with you was a shawl” Vaughn started
“ You don’t like the shawl? You prefer that I cover myself with a big ol’ coat?” syd said with a big smile.
“ I didn’t say that, I just said that you are gonna catch a cold or the flue and be sick and then of course you’ll have the courtesy of passing it to me!” vaughn responded
“ well then don’t come I into close contact with me” syd responded with a huge grin spread across her face.(Vaughn knew what she meant and I think you do too)
“ you two are like little kids! You fight over the most ridiculous things. Get over yourselves already. Michael if she doesn’t want to wear a coat she doesn’t want to wear a coat. Besides in case you haven’t noticed, it is spring!”
“ unbelievable Sydney. You have managed to get my own mother against me!” Vaughn stated.
“ it’s a gift!” syd replied with a huge smile
“ mom I’ll check you in I’ll be back in a second” Vaughn said as he walked away towards the check-in desk.
“ syd I really did enjoy meeting you and I hope that everything works out for the best between the both of you.” Vaughn’s mother started
“ thank you. It means a lot to me that you accept me. I dunno but I have a funny feeling that things will work out for the best between the both of us. We have gotten passed so many things. I mean I’m not pressuring him into anything fast, I just think that we will have a future together” syd responded
“ I have a really funny feeling that you both will” Vaughn’s mother said with a very peculiar smile.

But before syd could respond, Vaughn walked over and said that everything was set and that she was good to go. Vaughn embraced his mother and said goodbye and to have a safe trip. Vaughn’s mother embraced syd and whispered something in her ear, making sure that Vaughn wouldn’t see.

Vaughn and syd walked out the airport and towards their car. Without any thought Vaughn put his coat on syd and she didn’t even argue with him. He opened the door to the car for her and told her to put her seat belt on. He got in and she told him to put his seat belt on. He turned on the car and pulled out of the spot. Syd turned on the radio and searched for a station while Vaughn pulled out of the parking lot.
Vaughn started:
“ I am really sorry about tonight, but like I said my mom is very stubborn and she didn’t want you to come prepared to meet a mother. In her own words, she wanted to catch you off guard. I swear to it!!” Vaughn said laughing.
“ it’s okay! I liked her and I think she liked me too. We understand each other” syd said.
“ good! I think. I mean I shouldn’t be nervous about anything right?” Vaughn said trying to hold a laugh back
“no!!” syd replied

they continued their convo about measly little things when Vaughn pulled up to his apartment. He looked in the back seat a noticed a bag and asked syd if she needed it. She asked him to bring it in.

I will end this today I promise. But I have gym now and I cut last week to read fanfic and I really don’t want to get in trouble.

syd and vaughn walked into vaughn's apartment and vaughn tossed the keys and the bag on the dinning room table and then loosened his tie.
"hey syd what's in the bag?" he asked
" open it and find out!" she responded with a huge smile on her face

"o wow syd a new watch, but i dont understand." he said with a puzzeled look on his face.
" well i know that you have a watch already and i know that it's very important to you, but something about this watch, i dunno if you dont wear it i dont mind -
" syd i love the watch wait there's an inscription - i'll never take it off" vaughn cut her off
"i'm sorry i dont know what i was thinking. i should have realized that -
" syd, the watch stopped on oct 1, the day we met. the only reason why i was wearing the watch in the first place was because my other watch, the one i normally wore was broken and in the shop." vaughn interupted once again.
" so you dont mind?" syd asked witha very doubting look on her face.
" no i love it!" he leaned in and kissed her. after a few minutes she broke away.
"wow i missed that" syd smiled i am gonna go get changed and put something more comfortable on."
" need any help?" vaughn asked with huge grin spread acrossed his face
" no!" syd replied

while syd was changing in the bedroom, vaughn was in the kitchen getting a drink of water. he tightened up his tie and walked out onto his porch. he looked up onto the stars. after a few minutes syd walked out and noticed vaughn gazing at the sky.
"it's beautiful out isnt it?" she asked looking up
"yea it is" he sighed
" sydney i love you so much"
"i love you too, you know that."
" but i more than just love you - i am in love with you and i like it, i like it a lot" - vaughn responded.

before syd could absorb what vaughn just said, vaughn was down on his left knee(he's left handed so it made sense in my head!)
"vaughn what's going on, you better be tying your shoe! your tying your shoe right? vaughn?"

(here it comes - breathe)

"sydney bristow, i have loved you since the day you walked into my office with crazy red bozo hair(everyone always goes back to the hair). for a long time all i wanted to do was hold you in my arms and kiss you, but because of certain circumstances i couldnt, and now that i can, i dont want to lose that - not ever. sydney will you marry me?" vaughn asked(said whatever)
" yes of course i will"syd responded with tears running down her face, "i will"

vaughn placed a huge diamond solitaire ring on her finger with a big smile on his face.

" this is why i went to france"
" you went to france to buy a ring when there are like a million jewlery stores right here in LA - vaughn that doesnt make sense"
" it was my mother's ring, and before that my grandmother's ring. i only found it proper that it be yours."
"wow! it's beautiful and i love it and i love you very much" she said as she leaned in to kiss him(the kiss lasted a long time)

"vaughn are you sure you want to be married? to me?" she asked
" i want to fall asleep with you in my arms every night and i want to wake up with you every morning"
" you already do!"
" i want it to be legal!"

they kissed once more

" vaughn, how are we gonna explain this to everyone?"

they both laughed and then vaughn picked her up and carried her off into the bedroom, their bedroom! and as they say in french, Oh La La.

that's it it's over! but be sure to read my new fanfic entitled well i'm not sure yet but it's gonna be good hopefully better than this.

thankx for all the positive replies from everyone they meant a lot to me!!

Back