Horror The Mist

Tom

An Old Friend
I just watched it last night and I was so very impressed. King's storyline as usual is thought-provoking and surreal but the human element is so accurate.

The Mist (2007)

clip-icon.gif
clipped from: www.darktowercompendium.com
3FCE3035-E567-4CE8-AF99-8D8165BDEBDE.jpg

clip-icon.gif
clipped from: www.darktowercompendium.com
3C89DF33-CB6B-487A-A7B2-1220CC2A5164.jpg

clip-icon.gif
clipped from: www.fangoria.com
EB594D30-79A1-44AA-8172-DB2841EEA69F.jpg

clip-icon.gif
clipped from: www.imdb.com
7D7E2C07-74AF-4CE3-BEF0-AEC948B68221.gif

Towards the end, we are given a witch-hunt sequence between the zealots and the pragmatists.​

It is just a breathtaking piece of cinematic splendor, beautifully orchestrated despite its cruel subject matter and unabashed frankness.​

The acting is simply phenomenal. An ensemble of so many recognizable faces has been compiled and no one misses a step.​

Marica Gay Harden that becomes the real tour de force​

she is the most frightening character on screen​

Fear makes us all do that which we think we could never do and, if anything, The Mist is a cautionary tale to help us remember that one crucial and unbending fact of life.​

There is no scarier monster than the one hidden inside us all.​

The creatures in this movie interest me because they are possibilities of what could be found as life on another planet. I refuse to believe the universe is populated with anything human-like.

I haven't watched it yet since the commercials for it made me think it was basically a rehash of The Fog for a new generation.

If The Mist is that good though, I'll add to my NetFlix queue.

I thought it was like the Fog too.
What a surprise. I really did like it.
If you watch the dvd let me know how the special features are. I want to buy it.
I would like to explore the creature construction and get better, longer looks at them.

I just added it to my queue so I should have it sometime next week (have to return the current one first). Since I usually watch them on the days I work from home I do check out the extra features so I'll let you know what I find.

I saw it at the cinema couple of weeks ago here in Sweden.
Thought it was really good, 8 out of 10, and I'm not even a fan of horror movies (my bf talked me into going to this one...). I really liked the acting and the esthetics and it reminded me a lot of Cloverfield, but I dont want to tell too much for those who haven't seen it yet.

Go see it!

I liked the parts where the normal people got sucked up by mob mentality and lost their humanity. It reminded me of a story I once read about all the power on earth failing at the same time and when night came the mob set fire to anything and everything, just to ward off the unknown in the dark. The world went mad!

The ending was a punch in the gut. But I wanted to see more reaction to what he decided to do. Almost as if we should have seen the mist come in and them escaping soon into the story and him doing what he did and then following him for another 45-60mins as he tries to come to terms with what he did, or not!

Just watched it on DVD tonight.

- Andre Braugher is in it though woefully under used. I've been a fan of his works since Homicide: Life on the Street.

- The pharmacy scene..... AAaaaggghhH!!!!! :eek:

- genre fans... take note of the paintings in the studio workshop when the movie opens. Those aren't just random images. ;)

Skwirl'... about the DVD extras:

- Interestingly, the disc from NetFlix had no previews of other movies, it just goes straight to the main menu.

- Not a lot of extras...

• Commentary by Frank Darabont soundtrack
  • Deleted scenes
  • A few minute clip of the art by Drew Struzan
  • Three 'behind-the-scenes' clips of filming
  • Trailers
The most interesting extra was the clip of Drew Struzan, who is the artist behind a lot of memorable movie posters. I searched the net and it looks like there is a two-disc "Collectors Edition" version as well. If you're looking at adding the movie to your collection then skip the standard edition.

Great advice - thanx

http://www.drewstruzan.com/portfolio/

pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
pixel.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]