The Morning Paper

I wonder what is wrong with Sydney and how come the doctor didn't ask about th e bruises. I am sure she had some. Nick is an ass. I hope Sydney is ok I hope Vaughn finds her and takes care of her. Thanks for the pm. Update again soon.

:hi: I just started reading this and it's really great. I love it!

Very sad story but really good.

I was wondering too why the doctor didn't say anything about Sydneys bruises.

Keep up the good work and can I get a pm too, please?

:daisy:
Venla

PM List (76)
(36)
LaurenRachael
luckylass
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
i'm an aliasaholic
PoketRockets11
sydneymicheal
broe4ever929
SkyGirl5
noggi16
freckles3706
racer48_2_08
Vaughnlover15
~VartansGirl~
vaughnshoney
spy41
Sydney A Vaughn
msu_ruby
sydney_alias_vaughn
Sarahmañana
SydAPO05
Alwazabrat
Aliasfan13
hannahb
agentmoose
berry_kyoote_spy88
julesvartan
lil_aussie_sez
totally4alias10
bellasbaby
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Agent Roberts
Cai
deranged_girl
Emmy_d
maddy28

(36)
syd26
Addicted 2 Alias
fire*N*ice
vaughnroxmysox
stealthy
ubielecki
aliasdancer007
Spirit
batman
ohiochic2010
sexcivaughn14
ChrisM
alias_luver
Bubbles
vaughnsgurl4lf
sd6452
iluvalias0203
Alias_rocks_87
lizababy
ASIOagent
spy41
gonnabfamous07
sabbiee_co
Lovygirl
LittleNicky
Nancy O
irishprincess
Ms.MichaelVaughn
gregstar
Lemon-Krumpitz
Swank...Super_Swank
LifesMystery
!n@$en+
superspy
emotionalrescue
alias=mylife26

(6)
Wild_Child
Rica18
SYD96
belladonna lily
aliasfreak8903
cupcake55

OMG!!! just read the fic and fell in love with it. i can't believe he did that to syd!! but Vaughn hears right??? can i please get a pm

ARGH! Nick is such an idiot! I really love the fact that this chappie was in his POV but i still HATE him as much as ever!! Is syd ok? I hope VAughn finds her and then she finally leaves nick!! She's gotta b ok right?
Anyway, soz it took me so long to update but i was in the hospital and cos i was hooked up to so many machines they wouldnt let me use any thing electronic!!
Plz update soon, That was an evil cliffy!!

OK....that was the last straw...... Nick needs to....well....he should be put away for a very very long time for the things he has done....ESPECIALLY pushing Sydney down the stairs!
Lets hope that Michael comes to her rescue real soon! I'm sure he will because he is Michael Vaughn.....enough said!
Anyway....please update soon because i am sooooo dying to know what happens next!!!
btw: thanks for the pm!

ohhhhhhhhh

good update riles! at least...umm..she was ok..but not anymore...

man oh man..i think i may gang beat him by myself!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

michael to the rescue!!!

thanks

Kels

AN: I could really use some quotes right now. :cry:

Chapter Fourteen: The Only Thing That’s True

It didn’t seem like much of a different day to him, at first. He still woke up and brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and took a shower. He was rather excited to see Sydney this morning. But when he got down to the usual spot, the air seemed stiffer, and the atmosphere hotter. He was five minutes late and there was no sign of Sydney. The trees swayed in the wind, some leaves were crisp and brown, and fell off the stems and slowly fluttering to the dirt below. A small squirrel skid across the leave covered grass and up into a tall oak tree. But still no sign of Sydney. Vaughn looked around, and then started to draw in the loose dirt. The wind blew his design away, and he finally gave up hope. He just walked up the steps of the stairwell, and was filled with disappointment. And his disappointment followed him throughout the day. No matter where he went, he remembered, that for the first time in three years, Sydney had missed getting the morning paper. They had had a set of unwritten rules. They had never physically talked about them; they just silently knew. You got out of anything to get the morning paper. And that nagged at the back of his head when he turned into the parking spot behind Starbucks. He looked two spaces over, the spot Sydney always parked, and it was empty. His disappointment turned into despair. Sydney was anal about being on time, and having routines. He knew that from the three years of conversations they had had. He tried to dismiss his assumptions out of his head, and walked inside, hoping for the best.

A new face was standing behind the counter. Vaughn had no knowledge of a new staff member, and he didn’t want one either. This was the shift Sydney always worked. It had soon become “their shift”. Lyndsay had commented how good of a team they had made, and how their shift had brought in the most revenue. But today, Lyndsay was behind the counter with this new girl.

“Mr. Vaughn, this is Roxanne. She’s starting today. I thought I’d put her on Sydney and yours shift because you two are always on top of things. Speaking of Sydney, have you seen her this morning?” Lyndsay informed him using authoritativeness that was dry and emotionless.

Vaughn shoved his hands in his pockets, something he did when he was trying to hide something, “No ma’am, I have not seen Ms. Bristow this morning.” He paused for moment and directed his attention to Roxanne. She was medium height and very skinny for her age. She had her hair pulled back into a standard bun with a few strands hanging out. She had glasses around her almond shaped eyes, and a Starbucks uniform on. She had eyeliner and mascara on which made her look older, much older than she really was. She had put on too much lip gloss and her lips looked too red. “Hello,” he managed to say outstretching his hand towards her.

Lyndsay nodded, “I’m going to go call Sydney, see if she’s on her way or not.” She walked out of the room leaving Roxanne and Vaughn alone.

“Um, hi,” Roxanne said shyly. She had delayed her response, and pulled her hand back quickly, and almost seemed terrified of Vaughn. He may be tall, but his presence never struck people as threatening…until now.

“Hey, I’m sorry that I wasn’t more prepared. I wasn’t expecting a new employee. Lyndsay never said anything yesterday,” Vaughn commented in his friendliest voice. He had sensed her fear and wanted to make her feel more welcome.

Roxanne took a seat on the stool behind the counter, “I’m not really new. I just transferred here.”

Vaughn felt the awkwardness began to dissipate, “I see. Where from?”

“Not that far away. Just the outside of LA,” she replied softly.

Vaughn realized Roxanne wasn’t the talking type. She told you just what you asked and nothing more. She differed so much from Sydney. Sydney would pour her soul out to you if you offered a way to listen.

“She didn’t answer. Guess you two are alone,” Lyndsay started saying after coming out from the back room.

Vaughn’s eyes darted outside, hoping perhaps her car would pass by and his anxiety would subside. But it didn’t and he realized that everything wasn’t alright. Sydney hadn’t called in sick, and she wasn’t showing up. His stomach started tying itself in knots and he knew this was going to be a bad day.

---***---

Vaughn unlocked his door, in no hurry to get inside his apartment. Today was just a big disappointment to him. He had realized that he had nothing in life. He had a dog, Donavon, an apartment and a job. Nothing to life for and nothing to make him happy.

I won’t talk
I won’t breathe
I wont move till you finally see
That you belong with me

That was until three fateful years ago, a woman moved in next door to him. She was beautiful and right away he could tell there was something different about her. She was Sydney. And he thought that possibility she could be the one to turn his horrible love life back around. But that hope soon ended when he found out she had a boyfriend.

You might think I don’t look
But deep inside
In the corner of my mind
I’m attached to you
I’m weak
It’s true
Cause I’m afraid to know the answer
Do you want me too?
Cause my heart keeps falling faster

But at least he had the little bit of hope of being her friend. And that hope became a reality. But now, his true feelings were coming out. Just one day without her and he was realizing that he deeply cared for her. More than just a friendly care; it was a loving care.

I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing that’s true
So I will not hide
Its time to try
Anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

His thoughts were interrupted by the phone.

“Hello?” he answered with a soft voice, one of almost giving up hope.

“Hey, this is Jessica, from work,” she greeted. Her voice was rushed and she was almost out of breath. “There was an accident.”

“Oh god,” Vaughn muttered.

Jessica took a deep breath, “Last night…well, it’s hard to explain…But I thought I’d let you know she’s in the county hospital.”

“Is she going to be okay?” he asked instantly, his voice filled with concern and fear.

“They’re not sure yet,” Jessica replied with a sniffle.

Vaughn bit his lip. He didn’t know what to say, and he wasn’t sure what to do. “Look, I’m sorry to have to go like this, but some people just arrived…I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.” She hung up just like that.

I’m afraid to move
I’m weak
It’s true
I’m just scared to know the ending

It was all slow motion after that. He grabbed his coat and went to his car. He drove as fast as he could, but it didn’t seem fast enough. Nothing seemed fast enough. It was like she was so far away and he could reach her. But the road kept going, farther and farther.

I've waited all my life to cross this line
So I will not hide
Its time to try anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

The sign for the hospital popped up out of no where. He made the left turn and rushed to find a parking spot. All of them to seemed to taken. And once again, the slow motion came back. He knew that somewhere in the ten-story building, Sydney was lying in a hospital bed. He didn’t know what happened, why it happened, or how critical her condition was. But it didn’t matter. All that mattered is she was hurt and he needed to be there for her.

“Excuse me,” he breathed running into the lobby. “I need to know what room a Ms. Sydney Bristow is in.”

The woman looked at him, surveying him from head to toe. “Full name please?”

“Michael Vaughn.”

“Please wait one moment,” she said picking up the phone and dialing.

After a series of “uh huh’s” and yes’s, she placed the phone back on the receiver, “Go up the fourth floor to room seven.”

“Thank you,” he called back already running to the stairs. His legs didn’t need any messages from his brain. They had grown a mind of their own. He took off and was on the fourth floor before he knew it. He looked at the room numbers and followed them down the corridor to number seven. He pushed the door open slightly and saw Sydney lying, bundled up in white sheets. She had a breathing machine hooked up to her mouth, and an IV coming out of her wrist.

“Oh, my god,” Vaughn mumbled walking to her bedside. He looked around for any sign of Jessica or family. No one.

“I’m here for you Syd, I’m here for you.”

I know when I go ill be on my way to you
The way that’s true
I've waited all my life to cross this line
So I will not hide
Its time to try anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

Lyrics-True by Ryan Carbera

PM List (76)
(36)
LaurenRachael
luckylass
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
i'm an aliasaholic
PoketRockets11
sydneymicheal
broe4ever929
SkyGirl5
noggi16
freckles3706
racer48_2_08
Vaughnlover15
~VartansGirl~
vaughnshoney
spy41
Sydney A Vaughn
msu_ruby
sydney_alias_vaughn
Sarahmañana
SydAPO05
Alwazabrat
Aliasfan13
hannahb
agentmoose
berry_kyoote_spy88
julesvartan
lil_aussie_sez
totally4alias10
bellasbaby
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Agent Roberts
Cai
deranged_girl
Emmy_d
maddy28

(36)
syd26
Addicted 2 Alias
fire*N*ice
vaughnroxmysox
stealthy
ubielecki
aliasdancer007
Spirit
batman
ohiochic2010
sexcivaughn14
ChrisM
alias_luver
Bubbles
vaughnsgurl4lf
sd6452
iluvalias0203
Alias_rocks_87
lizababy
ASIOagent
spy41
gonnabfamous07
sabbiee_co
Lovygirl
LittleNicky
Nancy O
irishprincess
Ms.MichaelVaughn
gregstar
Lemon-Krumpitz
Swank...Super_Swank
LifesMystery
!n@$en+
superspy
emotionalrescue
alias=mylife26

(6)
Wild_Child
Rica18
SYD96
belladonna lily
aliasfreak8903
cupcake55

there you go vaughn be there for her! lol he didnt here it that night????? i thought he was a light sleeper?!?!?!? uh oh i hope she's alright and that nick dont show up! or that he does and shows vaughn his bad side so bughn will kno hes bad and save syd!!! yea lol great update and thnx for the pm!

Ah! Syd! The poor girl just can't catch a break can she? It sounds like she's pretty bad, i hope she'll heal fast, or if not then Dr. Vaughn is always on call. lol. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking care of her.

Great update! Can't wait for the next!

~Kristina

Great chapter! I hope that she finally reveals the truth to him about Nick! I hope that she finally calls the cops on his *ss!

Great job! Update soon!

Megan

“Thank you,” he called back already running to the stairs. His legs didn’t need any messages from his brain. They had grown a mind of their own. He took off and was on the fourth floor before he knew it. He looked at the room numbers and followed them down the corridor to number seven. He pushed the door open slightly and saw Sydney lying, bundled up in white sheets. She had a breathing machine hooked up to her mouth, and an IV coming out of her wrist.

“Oh, my god,” Vaughn mumbled walking to her bedside. He looked around for any sign of Jessica or family. No one.

“I’m here for you Syd, I’m here for you.”
OMV :cry:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww please let her be ok and please let that bastard burn in hell

Back